5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!
Published 14 months ago by Kelly Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars It would not be my first choice
Published 2 months ago by Michael Gitter

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 24, 2013
This review is from: Luma Comfort MF18W Misting Fan with 18" Fan Head with Direct Hose Connection (Misc.)
A great summer buy! We use it on the patio/yard for the kids to stay cool while playing outside. very sturdy & does a great 'mist' for the price. If you want a 'mister' like at theme parks, etc. you'd need to pay a thousand & get the 'commercial' grade. Otherwise, I highly recommend this one. Doesn't 'drench' you like some of the other reviews talked about. But you do need to sit it a away a few feet from where you plan on sitting or who plans on utilizing it or else you will get soaked. not a big deal though. A GREAT BUY!

1.0 out of 5 stars It would not be my first choice, June 6, 2014
I bought this product last April. Rubber ring came off bottom too many times to deal with. Parts began feeling loose and rust has been forming. Water nozzle dripped a lot (Full disclosure: other reviews said this but I bought it anyway because I had never planned to use it with the water. But for those of you in dry climates who may want to use the water mist, this may not be the best product for you because it really does become drenched everywhere). But the biggest issue happened for me today. Today the plug which has a surge-supressor or safety part stopped working. I was unable to press the "reset" button. Called the company and they do not have the part. If they can even find it they will call me "in a few weeks" with pricing. It's like 100 degrees where I live in Miami, and for them to even think about waiting 2 weeks before they even get back to me is pretty lousy customer service. It is not a very expensive product, and I guess that I will probably have to toss it and buy a new one. I would not buy this brand again on principal as they seem to still be selling the model I purchased, and do not even have replacement parts for it in stock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on the deck in the AZ heat!, August 11, 2013
This fan does make it bearable to be outside. There are some complaints about getting wet, but for me, the "mist" is just right for helping to cool you down. I found myself looking forward to the breeze blowing the mist. 4 stars because it doesn't oscilate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great on a hot summer day, August 9, 2013
You have to work at getting the water pressure adjusted correctly as it is easy to soak everything in front of the fan. You can hit the happy medium of just enough water to chill the air without getting standing water, but you have to play with the water valve to do it. Adjusted it will chill the air, without getting a lot of free water on everything in front of the fan, at least in low humidity Central California.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Fan Ever!, July 22, 2013
I wasn't sure when I bought this fan if it would help with our 110 degree heat but it did and we love it!! This fan is well made, durable, and the mist is very fine which feels great. My husband was very pleased with the quality and construction of the materials used in the fan. All in all a very good fan and we expect to get many years of use out of it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Like having a squirt gun pointed at you, August 25, 2013
We bought this fan last year. It doesn't "mist," it drenches you. So disappointing. It's a great regular outdoor fan. We use it without the misting kit.

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't like it., August 20, 2013
It's very loud, and the water vapor does not come out as a mist. It "spits" the water on anything in its path. I saw some very good misting fans at the local 3I show here in town, but they were a little pricier. I wish I would have use my money on the "good" misting fans at our local show.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fan Very Powerful at Close Range, August 12, 2013
Although fan is well made it seemed a bit too powerful and the spray gets you wet. Need another heat wave to really test out. Unit is well made though. However some rust in a few areas already started to develop.

If had to do over would have went for cheaper unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beats the Heat in Texas, August 5, 2013
A little too powerful for our 400 sq. ft. of patio but a great value for the $$. Our neighbors are jealous!

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but some issues., June 16, 2013
It arrived and worked as expected, very powerful fan and the mister works great.
But, it has only been outside 2 weeks and is already showing rust signs and the waterproof GFI plug filled with water and I had to go to home depot and replace it.

Rate and Discover Movies