Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on September 5, 2013
WARNING-Just to let it be known, just because the ballast is adjustible doesn't mean you can take a 600 watt bulb, and run it on 750 or 1000. The same as, you can't take a 1000 watt bulb and run it on 750 or 600. A 1000 watt bulb on 750 will burn up the bulb 75% faster, and will burn hotter, as your ballast is doing the same. You have to set a 600 watt bulb at 600, and so on. At this point in time, super lummens should never be used! Ballast tech. is about 5 years ahead of bulb tech.. When they come out with a bulb that has multiple filiments(like your 3 position lamp in the living room), you will be able to just turn the knob for desired wattage. Hope this helps.
66 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2013
I have 6 lumatek ballasts. I grow from seeds so i only operate for 5 months a year. last year had back surgery & did not grow. when i tried to fire up this year 5 WERE DEAD & #6 lasted 2MORE MONTHS THEN IT WENT DEAD. all had only 18 months of service life on them . a friend of mine bought a lumatek 1000 watt. new from the factory it ran so hot it smoked & started a fire in his grow room. the factory blamed the failure on him . the local dealer i bought them from said she won't carry lumatek any more because she gets them all back. when i called the lumatek warranty people they told me to eat the loss & " TAKE THE BALLASTS TO A SCRAP METAL DEALER & GET 5$ APIECE FOR SCRAP." they said " if they failed it has to be your fault." my wiring is professionally installed. so much for their warranty & their customer service. most of the reliable dealers won't carry lumatek any more because they all come back. ask the guys at Pacific Northwest Garden Supply in british columbia or Monster Gardens.com in california. i have been doing this for 20 years . worst equipment i have ever bought. wasted 1000$ on their ballasts. look into Solis Tek & Phantom . read the positive Lumatek reviews on amazon. all those owners have only had their Lumateks for a few months. a year from now all their ballasts will be dead& they will be burned on their warranties
55 comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
I've done research and lumatek is apparently on a great path with their products. I purchased 2. The 600W has no problems whereas the 1000W application gets a little too hot for my linking. I mounted a small fan directly on my ballast that's pushing 1000W and it remains cool to the touch now
on December 30, 2013
after doing my homework on digital ballast I settled on this one. I now own several of them because the quality is great they run silent and they run cool. You can also Dim them on the fly which is a bonus. I believe for the price this is a great item.
on September 30, 2014
So far so good. I dumped a crappy digital ballast and replaced with this. Spoke with Lumatek prior to buying as I was trying to research a good replacement for a thunder ballast that wasn't firing any bulbs properly.
The person I spoke with at Lunatek was very knowledgeable and offered assistance in answering my questions and concerns.

Reasonable price and performing perfectly so far. Unless sonething changes I'm a Lumatek buyer now. Furthermore going to buy another one soon to replace another thunder ballast.

Buy this product with confidence
on January 14, 2014
This ballast kicks ass and has negligible electrical interference. That meants your PH meter, Co2 meter, tds meter, and FM radio will actually work when the lights are on.

Go lumatek you wont regret it.
on November 5, 2013
I don't think there are better ballasts for the money. This is my second Lumatek purchase. I am super happy with both. I will continue to buy from Lumatek. Use the recommended bulbs for recommended wattages. Don't use a 1000w bulb and dim it to 400, 600, etc.... Use the correct bulb with the correct Watts.
on May 10, 2014
I have ran lumitek ballasts for years and have had no problems what so ever. they run cool and last for a long time. well worth the money. and I never had any trouble with radio interference of any sort . and they are now fcc compliant. donte waste your money on
substandard ballasts lumitek is the best.
on June 28, 2014
Pinstripes has always made a great product. I have the internal fan cooled setup already and the only thing is if you live in a dry area make sure not a lot of dust is getting up in the ballast. If you hang on the wall vertically it does help a lot. 5 stars from this company, have used them before for 1 prior and they are working great.
on October 1, 2013
I own two of these, which I purchased from Amazon. Ive owned these guys for about 5 months now, and they work beautifully. There is also an option for super lumens, for when your 1000 watts are near their end. I'm excited to see how it works when my lights reach their doom.