5.0 out of 5 stars Penny Watson Is A Genius :)
Oh my Lordy.... *runs screaming into the woods* I have a serious case of lust for a certain bearded lumberjack... Now THAT was NEVER a sentence I thought I would ever write in a romance review... EVER...

But this book was off the charts with everything;

- Funny, sassy heroine:
CHECK

- SMOKING' HAWT, totally Alpha hero, who makes your...
Published 23 months ago by Sheryl Nash aka ljolliapricot

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm
typical opposites attract story with a perfect he-man living in the woods alone and a city girl who hates the sight of dirt and the smell of fresh air but somehow they make it work
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Penny Watson Is A Genius :), September 9, 2012

But this book was off the charts with everything;

- Funny, sassy heroine:
CHECK

- SMOKING' HAWT, totally Alpha hero, who makes your *cough* unmentionables wet, who also happens to be a bearded lumberjack;
CHECKITY-CHECK-CHECK

- Zinging one-liners and more lumberjack double entendres you can poke a funny stick at;
lumber-CHECK-jack :)

In short, a FREAKIN' AWESOME read!! Again I'm going to say hooray for authors going the self-publishing route, because if not, I would not have been able to read the gem that is Lumberjack In Love!!!

A BIG, HAIRY, 5 STARS to your book and your fantastic storytelling skills, Ms. Watson!!! Clearly, you are a genius, because you have managed to achieve the unachievable in my opinion; you made a big, hairy lumberjack, SEXY AS HELL! *YOWZA*

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Beardy Men FTW!, September 18, 2012
I found Penny and her blog through someone else and after the initial blast of her love of dudes with beards and flannel, saw she had a giant heart and a completely absurd sense of humor. She never fails to make me laugh or grin and a time or two, yep, I've spit liquids from something she's said on Twitter. So that's my pre-review disclaimer: before reading this, I was pretty fond of Penny and her kind of semi-silly, action comedy slays me. Lumberjack In Love was a fun blend of all of the things that make me laugh and some tender, sweet and smokin' sexy stuff.

Hunky beardy Marcus Anderson is all alone chopping wood when Ami Jordan comes creeping into his yard in her stiletto-heeled boots, ogling his posterior. Okay, it does turn out that she has a reason for coming out to the boonies and bugging him. Her bean sprouts-eating sister has commissioned Marcus to build a playhouse for Ami's niece and she wanted her to check on it. It only takes one look at his lovely visitor to know that a cabin in Vermont is no place for a city slicker like Ami.
Ami's vast appreciation of Marcus doesn't extend to his real estate. It has too much outdoorsy stuff, including animals. Still, for a beard that gorgeously lush, a tush that deliciously gorgeous, dinner wouldn't be a gigantic sacrifice. She does have to be in the godforsaken area for a while yet and Marcus did invite her to see his log...cabin.

Ami is less of a nature-hater and more of an outside-disliker (a woman after my own heart). She's an award-winning children's landscape designer who got screwed over by her boyfriend and business partner and it's only logical - and Marcus agrees - that she work with him on his playhouse designs, giving him plenty of reasons to let her disrupt his life. Marcus is a delightfully solid man's man, just Alpha enough to give you the shivers, not so bossy that you want to shake a stick at him. I loved Ami's blend of harried city woman personality, the part of her that was still burning from her thieving ex and the soft and funny person she was with Marcus. I felt that I knew a lot about these two in just a relatively short amount of space (I'd call this a long novella).

This was just. So. Funny. As soon as Ami was driving up to Marcus' house and she thought it all looked too "nature-y," I knew I was going to love this book because that's just the thing I'd find funny and it got a lot better from there. What's not to love about a heroine who's downright feral about the local sludge that passes as coffee or who's madly passionate about a heavily bearded guy but deathly afraid of a certain furry animal?

You've probably figured out by now that I loved this. It's not a long read but it's one I'm keeping for frequent re-reading because when I wasn't smiling or fanning myself, I was laughing out loud. I suggest you try this not because yes, I know Penny tangentially and think she's hilarious, but because this book is funny, sweet, sexy and will take you away to someplace cute for a couple of hours. Not bad for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum! A Sizzling HOT, great chemistry, FUNNY, opposites attract in a small town romance, September 10, 2012
This was so much fun to read! Lumber Jack in Love is a great sizzling hot and funny contemporary romance set in a small town.

This short story packs quite a bit into it. Ami and Marcus are well developed characters, who at first appear to be as opposite as day and night. She a city gal; he a woodsman "lumberjack" that prefers the country. But quickly we see an attraction burning between them, and their flirting was just so fun to read. When things heated up - and I mean HEATED UP! - I thought Marcus might well be the most perfect man and Ami the luckiest lady alive. (Yum!)

The town folks congregate at a local general store, where we meet several other fun characters. Ami misses the good coffee and wine found in the big city, but she is falling in love with the people here. When a career changing opportunity gives her a chance to stay, she doesn't know what to do. Marcus, on the other hand, wants nothing more than to convince her to stay.

The lumberjack jokes were fast and frequent, and kept me laughing. The chemistry between Ami and Marcus sizzled, and despite them being so opposite it was easy to believe that these two belonged together. There were some great scenes, very original.

In summary, Lumber Jack in Love was a HOT, funny, small town romance with great chemistry and quirky characters. It has an opposites attract theme that I also love. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a great `feel good' steamy romance read.

Note: the author Penny has been an online friend of mine for years, and I love to chat romance books with her. But she did not ask me to read or review her book, I am simply a big fan of her writing. And this is the best book she's written yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Lumberjack!, October 8, 2012
I LOVED Lumberjack in Love! I stayed up waaaay past my bedtime to finish it, but it was totally worth it. From the fabulous Vermont setting, the hairy lumberjack, and some very hot moments, this book was F-U-N from start to finish!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a MUST READ!!, September 9, 2012
Yep, this book was too cute! I think I am gonna pull out my husband's plaid flannel shirts! I can always dream he is a "Paul Bunyan" and I am a "Playboy Bunny"!! Also..... I am dying for a Marcus Anderson origial playhouse..... just sayin'! Ms Watson has such a unique style of writing. I love when humor is injected in a story that will make you just die out laughing and any given time! Marcus is the perfect man, and Ami is his match. LOVED THIS STORY!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me homesick, October 18, 2012
Today I am homesick for the mountains and small town life. Last night I stayed up reading. What did I read that made me homesick, you ask.

I read Penny Watson's LUMBERJACK IN LOVE.

The hero, Marcus Anderson is a big teddy bear, mountain man, with brains, brawn, and beard. Ami Jordan is a woman who misses Starbucks and traffic. Together they are wild, witty, and wonderful.

(As a side note, I once worked as a lumberjack. That's right, all almost 5'4" inches of me, and in those days I weighed 100 pounds, worked as a lumberjack. Since the chainsaw was a little too much for me, though I did give it a try, I became the official wood splitter. The machinery is loud, but it was a much quieter job than caring for toddlers!)

I highly recommend this story for anyone who likes smart women with attitude and burly men with heart.

Don't miss Penny Watson's LUMBERJACK IN LOVE. It will keep you LOL, at least until the homesickness sets in. ;~}}

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and sweet romance, September 30, 2012
Very cute story. This is a novella, but nonetheless, it tells a complete story and I never got the feeling that the relationship or the story was too rushed, although I would have loved it to be longer since I really enjoyed the characters. Marcus was everything you want your hero to be, right down to the impressive musculature and the fact that he builds children's playhouses for a living. There's definitely room for more beardy heroes like Marcus in romance land and you gotta love a guy that knows how to swing his axe! Ami seemed a bit brittle and snobbish initially, but she quickly softened up and showed her playful and sweet side. The one-liners were flying and I had a smile on my face pretty much the whole time I was reading. Sometimes you need a break from angst, and this little novella is the perfect cure.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Show me some wood, lumberjack.", September 27, 2012
He thinks she's a high-maintenance city babe who's scared of the woods; she thinks he's hunky, definitely, but he lives in the boonies of Vermont, and why would she want to live in the back of Vermont? Ami and Marcus don't seem to be what the other is looking for, but somehow these two work very well together. I liked Ami, thought she was funny and sassy, but I loved Mr. Manly Mountain Man. I want to get lost in Vermont and be rescued by Marcus and find myself living with him in his log cabin. I loved his beard, I loved his brawny, hairy, testosterone-filled hot body, and most of all, I loved how sweet he was. A very sweet and sexy hero, just a big, burly teddy bear kind of hero.

Lumberjack In Love is a sweet, light-hearted, feel-good romance, and I read it smiling and chuckling the whole time. The interaction between Marcus and Ami is flirty and sexy, very much a feeling of anticipation and chemistry there while waiting for these two to combust, and overall, the dialogue and the feel of this entire story is fun and easy, very snappy and cute. I only wish I'd had an epilogue with Marcus. I really wanted that. This was my first time to read this author, and I was impressed and very pleased with this fun and sexy read. This whole romance is full of charm and personality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving Marcus the Lumberjack, September 25, 2012
Ok, I still giggle when I look at the cover but I've been told to not judge the book by it's errr...`special' cover.

And though I resisted, I'm glad I relented cos this book is such a light, charming read! I've also revised my entire perception of lumberjacks especially lumberjacks named Marcus :) and Ami is such a sweetheart eventhough she tries hard to project the hardened, jaded, city-slicker and fails totally.

There was minimal drama which is such a relief because I've been reading way to many angst-ridden books and have used so much tissues that I really just need to give my eyes a break.

Money well spent! Yay! Penny Watson, here I come!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, Sexy, & Charming Romance!, September 21, 2012
To be honest, I didn't know what to expect from this book, but I took a chance because a friend recommended this book to me. Therefore, I took her word for it & I'm glad I did.

What a charming & delectable story Penny Watson has penned. Lumberjack in Love was such an entertaining read; I loved every minute of it! Marcus & Ami were such great characters to read about. I loved watching their romance unfold. They were such opposites, yet they complement each other so perfectly. I loved their chemistry which was sizzling and definitely made for some steamy scenes ;) I also enjoyed reading their interactions which was fun and fresh; it did not felt forced. Furthermore, I never knew lumberjacks can be so hot, but yes Ms. Watson definitely knows how to write 'em. Marcus was such a dreamy & sexy lumberjack; I now want a Marcus for myself! ;)

And I really liked Ami, the city-bred girl from Boston. She was sarcastic & funny and was an all around engaging heroine. I enjoyed the plot and storyline which were nicely developed. I also liked that the hero was not your typical "romance hero." He was a lumberjack which I found to be refreshing! Overall, I LOVED this funny, sexy, and charming novella! Well-written with great dialogue and a happily ever after that left me grinning from ear to ear! Lumberjack in Love is absolutely the perfect fun and sexy 'feel good' romance to get lost into.

Lumberjack In Love
Lumberjack In Love by Penny Watson (Paperback - October 4, 2012)
$5.99 $5.95