4.0 out of 5 stars nice seat
Published on September 24, 2009 by Rockchik

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be more durable and lock in OFF position.
The knob on the seat always gets turned on accidentally (it's on the seat!) so the batteries always run out for nothing. The fabric is somewhat delicate and doesn't withstand the hard edges. Ours came with a tear in it but we had to fix it as best we could because it was a gift and no time to return. Ok otherwise. Price was good.
Published on February 1, 2010 by J. Cox

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars nice seat, September 24, 2009
Rockchik "a reader" (white lake, michigan USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)
Nice seat albiet slightly different than conventional rocker types. Not a gamer but I like to do my wireless computing sitting on the floor. Bought mostly for back support and rear end numbness prevention. Seems to perform well for both of these. You sit about 7inches off the ground altho the pix make it seem lower. Speakers and middle control don't get in the way at all even tho it looks like they might. The ball bottom tilt gives side to side tilt which comes in handy for reaching without getting up or repositioning. I like to sit cross legged normally and cross ankled seems to work OK but seat has a natural tendency to lean fwd if you stretch your legs out as the ball bottom is 360°. As for holding a keyboard on my lap, Works best if I have my feet up on a short footstool which seems to offer maximum comfort and stability for keyboarding in this chair. I am short so normal feet on the ground is comfy for me also but somebody with long legs would probably find the pitching-fwd if you outstretch your legs annoying. Not to say you couldnt easily slip something under the front to stabilize this. The speakers seem to sound pretty good. Comparable to any decent mp3 plugin porta speakers. NOthing special but having battery portability OR plug-in option is nice. I would recommend but the price I paid was cheaper than the shipping cost and the fact that the back folds down when not in use both influenced my buying decision. Weighs like 25lbs so is quite sturdy. Just thought I'd give a REAL review since there doesnt seem to be one on the entire internet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be more durable and lock in OFF position., February 1, 2010
J. Cox (North Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems like a good chair but not for a 7 year old, May 23, 2010
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)
I bought this chair for my 7-year old thinking that he could hook up his DS and all the other electronics that he plays. At first it seemed like a really cool chair but it won't stay upright when he sits in it unless he stabilizes it with his feet. He fell back and hit his head on my coffee table. I returned it because it was just too dangerous, he kept falling back.
This would be good for teenagers I think. The wobbling could be fun for someone older.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great chair, November 12, 2011
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)
This chair is great if you are not a hard core gamer. I bought this for my husband and we have both used it. I think it could use a bit more padding and you do have to be careful when you first start using bc if you arent you will tip to one side or backwards. Once you get used to it, its great! The sound is fantastic on this thing so overall I say its a good product and I would buy it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, June 8, 2013
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)
I purchased this chair almost 3 months ago and it has completely fallen apart. It is very cheaply made. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars this chair lasted 3 months before the hinge broke and now is useless!, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)
I am very disappointed that this chair fell apart after only 3 months use. very cheaply made. I would not reccomend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea, Bad construction, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)
I'm a 6'2" 170 pound man and this felt flimsy and cheap. I couldn't get it to balance properly. After about an hour my back started to hurt. This might be good for a small person or child, But not for a man. It felt like it was going to break. Also the one i got from amazon was clearly returned from someone else before i got it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke in 1 week, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)
We bought this gaming chair for our son for Christmas and it broke with light use in 1 week. The back of the chair now goes all the way back instead of sitting upright. I hate to give bad reviews but I am disappointed when you buy something online and there is no way to talk with someone about this money wasted. Very disappointing Christmas gift.

3.0 out of 5 stars O.K, June 22, 2013
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)
I buy this for my son. The wires to connect the chair to the game are short. So if you want long wires, you have to buy them. I do like how it folds up. It is great to store when he is not using it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Skip this chair, February 5, 2012
This review is from: Lumisource Boom Chair Stingray (Kitchen)
I got this chair for my bf for Christmas. I went off the reviews of the chair (from Amazon, BestBuy and other various sites) and was so excited when I got it. Put the batteries in and gave it to him for Christmas. He took it home and plugged it in, and the sound just stopped all together and it wouldn't turn on. less than ten minutes into using it for the first time. We could only get the sound to work if you barely had the cords plugged in, and the plugs are right between your legs so if you move, they'll come out or you could knock them out with your legs. It was so temperamental. Tried to fix it and realized it was a wiring issue. Took it back and got a full refund without ANY questions asked. Also the BoomChair website are now suddenly "out of stock" of the sting ray chair. After spending a month reviewing other chairs I've come to the conclusion that these Lumisource chairs all seem to have issues with audio and its wiring. It was a comfy char except I didn't pay all that money for a comfy chair, I expected all the bells and whistles to work. Nope. Just skip this brand of chair all together.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›