Are 90% of the Lumia reviews faked by ATT, Nokia or MSFT-People??? Are 90% of the Lumia reviews faked by ATT, Nokia or MSFT-People???
asked by u_w_e on April 14, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 64 answers
A
votes
I also reviewed this phone and rarely take the time to review things, although I always read them before making purchases. I just felt that this phone is so good it deserves some of my time to review it and help others with their decisions. I have had Androids, Blackberry's and an iPhone. I also currently own a iPad2, which I absolutely LOVE and would not recommend any other tablet but a iPad. My advice is to give this phone a chance and if you don't like it, just return it within the 30 days.
K. Struck answered on April 14, 2012

A
votes
Not at all. I reviewed it and gave it 5 stars. I've owned an iPhone from the day they launched, as well as an iPad 2, and a Mac. Nokia is a great phone maker and Microsoft took its time and developed a good OS. The phone is the genuine article. It's not perfect but it's more than wonderful for what you pay. It exceeds people's expectations and the reviews show it.
wonkywizard3 answered on April 14, 2012

A
votes
No. All of the positive reviews in the world wouldn't help the phone maintain it's current best selling position of #1 and #2. It's actually selling very well, which is not only evident here but also at AT&T's website. As Paul Roth, AT&T's president of retail sales and service said, the Lumia 900 has "exceeded" the carriers expectation in terms of sales. Yes, people are actually buying the phone and genuinely enjoying it. Crazy, right? :)
GregW74 answered on April 14, 2012

A
votes
Do you have any reason to believe this? Have you tried the phone? If you look at all the window phone reviews (not just nokia) on amazon, att, verizon, tmobile, etc they are mostly positive. It is a very good os. Yes, it is missing some apps. However, I noticed from the older Iphone users (not kids or college students playing games and using every social app available), they really don't use apps. They use their phones to check email, browse, text, and to sync contacts and calendars. Windows phone does this better than the other operating systems. When you go to the people hub and click on a contact, not only do you get the contact information, you get all the emails, texts, phone calls made in one location. For anyone using this phone for business purposes, this is a godsend. It has ms office, links very well with exchange as wells as gmail and some other email clients, and overall is smooth and easy to use. Before accuse a company of faking reviiews, how about going to a store or watching some online videos to see the product and see if it warrants the reviews. By the way, most critics have been giving windows phone positive reviews for over a year.
Capitalist73 answered on April 15, 2012

A
votes
That says a lot - I mean if you had an iPhone and use your iPad2 a lot, this indicates you've invested time and money toward being in the Apple way of doing things, as well as the specific access to the Apple resources.
To move to the Windows Phone OS and have to do things outside of that Apple eco-system because you like the Lumia that much, is pretty telling.
Steve Bailey answered on April 15, 2012

A
votes
No. I reviewed it, gave it 5 stars, and I stand by it. I do not work for AT&T, Nokia, or Microsoft, and I own the device.

Many Android and iPhone fan boys have purposely posted one star reviews even stating that they did it because they don't believe a phone should have so many five star ratings. I can also tell that, judging by the commnets, they don't own the device or are referring to Windows Mobile which died two years ago.

It is a great phone at any price. At its current price, I simply don't think it can be beat.
Douglas Kirschman answered on April 16, 2012

A
votes
No. It's a great phone with an amazing OS.
Mason L. Wright answered on April 14, 2012

A
votes
Maybe its just a good phone and Microsoft and Nokia got it right.... I have a 900 and I love it. I had a Android (Buggy) and the Nokia next to my iphone just looks new and fresh. Just try it. Even my teenage son likes it and you get no bigger Android lover then him... If Microsoft get get the App numbers up quickly, mainly just more core apps, Android look-out... plus, how do you beat the price?? When is the last time someone asked to look at your iPhone? People are always asking to look at my Nokia 900. it feels good in the hand. Also note in earlier, how do you fake the sales numbers on Amazon??? Come-on
claude j louis-charles answered on April 16, 2012

A
votes
@Andy.. Stop conspiracy theories and use the phone first. Later comment on it. Its so lame to just say the OS & phone doesn't deserve 5 stars. I have given a 5 star that's because its how I felt. Its of course each person's opinion. If 185 people out of 200 have the same opinion, then its probably pretty close to the fact. If you say all these 185 people out of 200 are hired by Microsoft, it has no meaning. It might just mean that you have a bad taste.
nbr answered on April 16, 2012

A
votes
BTW, giant corporations like Nokia, Microsoft, and AT&T would most probably not even implicitly ask their employees to post positive Reviews, Votes, and Comments; that would be too much of a PR disaster because it would not be hidden for very long. Individual employees may be doing such things on their own. It is most likely that people like me--who is not associated with any of these corporations except using their products-- who love the Windows Phone environment are finally (after 1.5 years) seeing a real mainstream interest in the Windows Phone platform and are out to support Windows Phones...
Meengla answered on April 17, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next ›