Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL

on August 7, 2012
The product does not work any better than drug store foundation. Worse yet, the company's business practices are deceptive and you need to be extremely careful about the conditions of purchase. I'm a very careful person and read the fine print as a matter of habit but I still got scammed by their online "FREE trial" offer. JUST TO clarify for everyone, if you don't like the product or think it's worth the money (and it isn't), you will still be charged $50 if you return within 30 days. This is under the best of circumstances i.e. everything packaged up PERFECTLY, nothing is missing, original packaging, you have a return code, return code is written on the box, included in the shipment and other criteria that I can't remember. Their way of making money is so obvious: manufacture a shoddy product, sell to people without clearly spelling out return conditions, make money even if customer returns it and even better, cash in big when the customer doesn't follow their overly detailed return instructions to a "T". I called my credit card comapany to dispute the charges. Apparently, there have been a lot of complaints about this company but there's only so much the credit card companies can do because there is language on their website that legally protects them to a certain extent. My advice for women looking to buy: DO NOT. In these economic times, be careful with your hard-earned money and don't give it away to crooks like this.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2009
I have been using this product for a little over a year now. I like it. It works for me. I have become quite efficient with it so it takes me no time to get ready in the morning. Believe me... I am no make up artist... I am a mom of two that gets up at 5:15AM and commutes to NYC.
The only thing that I do not like is the customer service. Since I use it every day, I am part of the club, but you can not manage your account on line (you HAVE to call customer service). I had to call them twice and both times it has been like pulling teeth. They all have very thick accents and they are not very customer oriented. I have read that YSL has very good airbrush make up, so I am thinking about going that rout so I do not need to deal with them.
So, other than their very own version of the "helpless desk" the product works for me, to the point that if it breaks I would replace it.

I hope this helps.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2012
I had no problem with luminess air, however I would caution that this is real investment. They say you will need 6-8 drops of foundation. I found myself using 3 to 4 times that amount. Additionally, you can only use luminess air make up or the warranty will void. The make-up is super, super expensive. Around $42 a bottle that will last less than a month. And that's just the foundation!
on February 18, 2015
Not impressed. Poor coverage, never looks as good as on commercials and other media. Takes normally 15 min just to put on foundation as they tell you to keep applying thin layers. Not worth the money in my opinion.
on December 22, 2014
I have investigated on other sites, most everyone says it is a scam. People have had a very difficult time canceling what turns out to be a club with monthly payments added to credit card.. Few say it is even a good product. Someone said it's a foreign company taking advantage of not so smart Americans.
on January 23, 2014
This product SUCKS and it is a scam and a ripoff. The product actually cost $359.oo not 29.99. IT feels like chalk on your face and I worked out at the end of the day and it completely melted off my face and turned my white t shirt orange. HOW EMBARASSING! I called and cancelled in Nov. but they are still charging my credit card. 60.00 a month. Why at the time that I cancelled did they not tell me to send the product back or they were going to charge me the $350.00. I AM PISSED AND THIS PRODUCT IS THE WORST.
on November 18, 2013
OMG I'm ANGRY!!!!!
Just got my Luminess Airbrush system today, Nov 18, after ordering it 3 weeks ago... If they never sent it, I would've been far better off! I am just a regular 27 year old gal who was looking for something that I could maybe use for my upcoming wedding in India, so I came across this on an Informercial (the red flags shoulda gone off right there) and ordered. Well, IT SUCKS!!!

Complete waste of money!!! What a huge marketing SCAM! They know it doesn't work and when people realize it, it's too late because the stupid company doesn't offer a REFUND! THAT SHOULD BE A BIG RED FLAG RIGHT THERE! Any company who doesn't offer a full refund is NOT a trustworthy company! Really pissed off. Wasted $80.00 on this pastey, minimal coverage makeup applicating JOKE!!!! I used Sheer Cover for 3 years prior to this LA system, and I shoulda NEVER STOPPED! If you feel the texture of your skin after Sheer Cover & after Luminess Air, SC = baby-soft while LA = dry & chalky!!!!

DON'T BUY THIS!!! I might have to do a YouTube vid on this. DON'T FALL INTO THIS TRAP! It DOESN'T WORK! No coverage & your skin will look like plaster. Dull, lifeless. No glow whatsoever! TRUST ME! STICK TO MINERAL MAKEUP! Like BAre Minerals or Sheer Cover!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2008
I really like it!! I've used it about 4 times now. I looked through all the literature the night before, watched the CD, shook up the makeup about 60 seconds that night, then about 30 seconds before using the next morning. I also made sure I had everything hooked up and ready to go the night before. I have the system with 3 settings, and used "M" for makeup. I have fair skin, and I mixed the two shades in the middle to get a match. I had on a beige turtleneck, which I covered at first, then forgot about before I actually started applying. Didn't even get on it! It was hard to tell if I was getting enough on, so I was probably a little heavy-handed at first. Especially the blush. I just blended it in with a fan brush, as they recommended. The next day I put the blush on first, then sprayed over it. Someone at work actually said I just keep getting better looking all the time, so maybe the airbrushing really helps! I have an oily T-zone, and this definitely works better than my usual brands (Lancome, Estee Lauder, and even Armani) to keep that area looking matte. I apply my usual moisturizer to the rest of my face and a mattifier to the T-zone, then airbrush. My last step is to use a few drops of the darkest shade (5 for me) and go down the sides of my nose, under my cheekbones, and under the jawline to contour. I'm really happy with the system.
on April 11, 2014
Luminess air is a liar I had a family emergency a death in my family and they cannot even accommodate me to help me get a refund on a product that I tried out they will not help you they will not work with you and they will not be understanding to any refunds pastor 30 day due date I've tried to speak with a representative no one would help me in processing my return so I have no love for Luminess air they are very unprofessional and the representative that they chose to help me with very unhelpful her name with Kisha her extension number is 1097 as far as helpful customer service there was none thanks for nothing Luminess air I will never purchase your product again consider me a customer that you have lost
on January 24, 2014
So far the product works okay. The customer sevice was great I didn't have any problems. My issue was when I ordered the product on TV they didn't tell that my card was going to be changed 59.99 two days later. So what I did was called my bank cancel my card and got another one so in the future they will have to send me a bill, because I don't play will my money. I also called like I was going to send the product back and told them it was to expansive and they knocked off 2 payments... AND.... I made sure I got it in writing their email with their Letter Head......I hope it Continues to work for me.. I Love the coverage it does for my face.