5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good
Published 18 months ago by Billy

1.0 out of 5 stars Choose carefully
Published on January 3, 2012 by Virginia Beach

1.0 out of 5 stars Choose carefully, January 3, 2012
This review is from: Luminox Men's 0201.BO Sentry 0200 Blackout With Rubber Band Watch (Watch)
I purchased a Luminox Sentry Watch (0200 Series A.0201.BO) on 11/17/2011. On 12/7/2011 I sent the watch to the authorized Luminox Repair Center (Saltzman's Watches & More, Inc) due to condensation within the watch face and inaccurate time keeping. During that period I had only showered with the watch and swam for about an hour at no greater than 5 feet. The watch was repaired (no cost) under warranty and returned to me on 12/23/2011. On 12/31/2011 the Crown Knob fell off and the watch stopped keeping time.

Please note there were no issues or concerns at all with Amazon.

Luminox advertisement states "requested and supplied to the US NAVY SEALs". I do know firsthand the SEAL Teams would not accept equipment failures such as those described. A warranty means very little when a piece of equipment fails on a mission.

Maybe I got a bad watch or maybe I purchased the wrong watch. I suspect "real" SEALs choose other watches.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good, October 17, 2012
The appearance of this watch is very different than most watches.With a look of that its a quite an expensive watch.This watch is the most comfortable to wear of my watches.The rubber band is thick but very flexible which makes it nice to wear.Probably more suited for somebody with a larger wrist and hand.I've seen a few reviews of some owners with issues with their watches,but mine is so far so good.Although I have yet to submerge the watch in water,I've had it for 1 month now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, July 9, 2012
Well built, sturdy watch. Medium-large watch face. Rubber band is thick and made to last. The impressive thing about this watch is just how well the gas lights stand out. Even in a dim room the lights shine, but in the dark they're awesome. Highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Skipping Dates Forward, May 9, 2013
First let me say, I absolutely love this watch. Extremely good looking. Quality appears to be first rate. But....

I had the watch about 1 month, and the date started skipping forward. One and two days at a time. Dealer thought I was nuts. He would reset it and send me on my way. After 3 times of that, I sent the watch to Saltzman's Repair back east, the Luminox Warranty Center.
I sent a detailed letter with the watch. So what did they do? Just reset it, and sent it back. 3 days later, it skipped another date. Took it back to the dealer and demanded a new watch. He contacted the Luminox sales rep, and 5 weeks later I had a new watch. That was a couple months ago. Now yesterday, May 9th, the new one skipped the date again! One more time, I'm taking it back again. Sad too, as I really do love the watch.... I also read another owner on Cabela's (just Google Cabelas Luminox skipping dates) had the same problem with a different model but same series Luminox. So beware.

Update; May 30th... Watch just lost 4 minutes today. Was keeping perfect time until now. Took it back to the Jewelry Store, they are going to contact the Luninox Rep to see what he says. These are Swiss movements and this should not be happening, but obviously this series of watch is having issues. I just hope Luminox stands by their product. Will update later....

Update; Nov 25th... Luminox did in fact send me another watch thru my local jewelry store. It's now been 6 months, and this new one is flawless. Perfect time, and no skipping dates. At this time, I'd say, if you like the watch, go ahead and get it. Luminox did after all stand behind their product. It was a rocky road, but as I mentioned before, it's a damn good looking watch. This one gets a 5 star!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch, June 28, 2012
Just received this watch. Pretty awesome. Bright illumination in the dark. Comfortable strap. Feels well built and durable. Made of PC/Carbon and metal. Very lightweight. Here is an album of the watch [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, May 13, 2012
I had never owned a LUMINOX watch before-so I ordered sight unseen. Watch is great- lightweight, well-built, and obviously keeps great time.
The only negative thing I can think of is why did they make the side button silver/gray and not black as the rest of the watch?
The side button as well as case is a high-tech plastic which appears super strong and lightweight. The case backing is also made of the same material,
which might be good for someone who has reactions to metal. I would not hesitate to reccomend this watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars very very disappointed, May 12, 2013
I ordered this watch to use as a dive watch - big mistake. When it first arrived it did not keep accurate time, but after resetting it a couple of times it did better. It soon had condensation inside the crystal, that was mentioned as normal in the owners manual. I ended up having a small pool of water inside the crystal and should have returned it at that point, but I had a dive trip coming up and was looking forward to using it then. Big mistake - it quit after the first dive. What a piece of.... Strongly do not buy this watch.
Peter
Naples FL

4.0 out of 5 stars I got this for my husband's anniversary gift, April 18, 2013
as his everyday watch. So far my husband loves that its lightweight and he can read it in the dark.

1.0 out of 5 stars Condensation- Warrant NOT honored, February 16, 2014
I bought this watch from an online retailer via Amazon. After using the watch well within the recommended guidelines it had condensation inside the face. The manufacturer refused to honor the warranty stating that the retailer was not authorized (even though they were listed on the website as an authorized retailer). They stated that they removed the retailer but didn't take the off the website (which somehow I should have known). The short story is, the watch sucks and Luminox does not stand behind their product or honor their warranty...

5.0 out of 5 stars Can it be too bright?, March 4, 2013
I really like this watch. It was a Christmas gift and I've worn it every day since (2 months now). The watch crystal still looks perfect. In fact, other than a little dirt on the band, it looks brand new.

The watch face has black on black lettering, including the Luminox logo. The watch is entirely black with these exceptions: The tritium inserts on the minute and hour hands, 6 points on the watch-face (all the odd numbered hours), the glow in the dark point on the bezel, the date indicator (white), the crown, and the buckle on the strap.

About the tritium inserts: I was staying in a hotel when a blizzard hit and the hotel lost power. There were no lights in the room or outside. My watch was so bright it actually created a glow in the room and could even cast a faint shadow.

I really like this watch and enjoy putting it on everyday.

ARRAY(0x9998951c)