5.0 out of 5 stars Luminox is my favorite anyway
Comfortable to wear, not binding. Not as many tritium lamps and the numbers stay lit and viewable for hours in low light,but bought for a good price. Like the look, different than my other luminox watches!
Published 10 months ago by Hulio

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for Prime Time!
Published on May 30, 2012 by Son of Normandy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for Prime Time!, May 30, 2012
This review is from: Luminox Men's 0201.SL Sentry 0200 Black Case With Luminescent Accents, Black Rubber Band Watch (Watch)
Upon initial delivery and inspection, I liked this watch. It looks nice and is very comfortable to wear, Lume is the usual excellent from Luminox. The fact that the crown does not screw in had me nervous. Is this really an efficent water resistant design? 100 meters? Really? The third night I wore it, the crown popped out and the watched stopped. I reset the time and things were fine for another.....6 hours. Crown popped out again, stopping the watch. That's enough, sent it back. G-Shock GW Series, here I come. And I really wanted to like the Luminox Sentry. Luckily, returning the defective watch to Amazon's vendor was seamless.Luminox Men's 0201.SL Sentry 0200 Black Case With Luminescent Accents, Black Rubber Band Watch

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT A REAL MILITARY WATCH, November 16, 2012
I ordered this watch because LUMINOX advertises itself like a maker of a real military watch. The case is not so. The first major problem is with the crown. The way it's designed when you put your hand in your pockets it will always get caught in your pant pocket and pull the crown out and mess up your set time. This occures because the crown has a lip on it that snags on whatever it touches. Also the date would not change at the correct time when set.

I'm truly dissapointed with this watch. It's not what you think. SHAME ON YOU LUMINOX!!!

On the other hand since it was sold by AMAZON I sent it back for a complete refund with no problems or hassles. Way to go AMAZON!!

Thank you for your great customer service. Your staff is well trained and courteous.

Regards,
Joey

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, not very water resistant., January 5, 2013
This watch looks great and is lightweight. Very comfortable watch. Only downside is the knob on the side is so big it changes the time and date a lot of the time when I'm sticking my hands in my pants pocket. It comes out and turns very easily and I find myself looking at the wrong date and time often. That's why I only gave it three stars. I thought the whole point in a watch was to keep time. It doesn't do that so well... ***UPDATE*** My watch broke after wearing it in the water at the beach. I couldn't imagine I was any deeper than two meters. A friend of mine has the same watch and his broke while snorkeling. Amazon did repair mine it was still under warranty. They advertise these as Navy SEAL watches but I couldn't imagine them wearing such a fragile watch. They say they are water resistant up to 100 meters yet on thier website FAQ it is recommended to remove your watch if going deeper than one meter! Good looking watch but if you're looking for durability look elsewhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars Luminox 0201.sl NOT THAT GREAT, February 19, 2013
Have owned 2 luminox watches prior to this one. I was disappointed when I got a chance to look at watch in different light setting. In a low light setting the hands blended into the backround making it hard to pick up the time at a quick glance. The luminous numbers only work when a bright light is shined on to the watch. When in a dark condition the luminous numbers lighting goes away after a while and all you can relie on is the tritium tracers spaced at all odd numbers which takes time to get use to since my other watches had tracers at all numbers. If you got the money, spend the extra $250 dollars and buy an ISOBrite 200M dive watch by ArmourLite It's a great watch in all lighting conditions and has bright T100 trasers (4 times as bright) as opposed to T25 trasers with Luminox.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luminox is my favorite anyway, February 11, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!!, July 31, 2013
Waterboy (Fernandina Beach, FL) - See all my reviews
Ordered the watch even though there were some negative reviews. I have to tell you that the watch is outstanding. It is light but durable and I do not have any problems previously listed by other customers. If you want a watch that looks good and functions well, this is the watch for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, Sturdy, Well-Illiuminated, June 27, 2014
Needed a watch where I can tell the time when it's dark without backlighting. The dial and hands are illuminated perfectly. Tells time accurately. Comfortable on wrist. No issues after a week of wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch!, July 13, 2014
I love it. I've always wanted one. It's lightweight. Just a good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... watch on my wrist as I type and it's wonderful - I am very picky with my personal man ..., July 2, 2014
I have this watch on my wrist as I type and it's wonderful - I am very picky with my personal man junk as I call it, This watch is perfect for just about everything you do. You can style it and you can wear it to do yard work with no problem. If you have a pool out back no problem Amigo!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch For the Money, October 24, 2013
Very happy with this purchase. I've owned Luminox in the past and enjoy these watches, illuminate very well in dark and easy to read display, also very sporty look. I'm a night person and need a night watch-this one works for me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›