on January 2, 2015
I own two other Luminox watches, while this one is great for use when dark it is harder to view in the light than my other Luminox watches. Great price but care must be taken to avoid loss of warranty if sold from a non-authorized Luminox dealer--I decided to take the risk.
on February 16, 2015
When the battery ran down on my old Invicta, I thought it was a good time for a change. Of the many Luminox styles, I chose the 3051.BO for its quiet elegance. The matte finish and tactical black face are very understated.
There was some concern based on the bad reviews here at Amazon. Early failure and water fogged crystal after casual exposure to water seem to be common the most issues, which don't square well with the Luminox reputation. A visit to the Luminox web site has a prominent warning about counterfeit watches. So I wonder if those who had a bad experience really have an authentic Luminox watch.
My watch came directly from Amazon. While not a definitive test for authenticity, I soaked my watch in a pitcher of water for a couple of hours with no ill effects. Here are my quick thoughts:

PROS
Hands and hour markers are always visible and easy to ready.
Light weight
The rubber band doesn't scratch my laptop deck, as did the metal band on my Invicta
The elapsed time bezel rotates and the index is illuminated. For this model, the instructions recommend using it in count-down mode for diving because the numbers are hard to read in most lighting.
I like the matte, stealthy finish. It is not a charcoal gray, like the picture.
The time is accurate down to the second after a week when set and compared to nist.gov time servers.

CONS
The numbers are not readable in most light. It take some maneuvering to find an angle where they show. I don't really care about this, but can understand where it might be annoying.
While I appreciate the light weight, this model has about 1/3 the mass of my old Invicta. This model is not for you if you want a heavy, chunky watch.
on February 16, 2015
I've had some pretty cool watches over the years ranging from the cheap, but rugged to some very nice Seikos. I also still own a Citizens Eco-Drive Dive watch that I've had for at least 12 years and is still my every day watch and a Tag Hauer that I've had for maybe 7 years. This is easily one of the coolest and nicest looking watches I've owned. My wife recently surprised me with it and I am so glad that she did. I had been considering an Invicta Russian Diver watch as well, but when I recently stopped in at a shop to have the battery in my Tag replaced, I got to talking about the Invictas and the Luminox with the owner. He confirmed what I was thinking - that Invictas are more of a "fashion" watch. The Luminox has better internal components and while it's not high-end Swiss movement, it's still a decent Swiss-made watch. Really glad I had that conversation and that I saved this one in my Wish List. It made shopping for me much easier for my wife.

So, I'll just confirm what others have said: watch is extremely light weight, seems very rugged, the gas tubes practically light up the room at night and it has a very understated blacked out look that I've always loved - even having given my Harleys that dark look. I don't anticipate any issues with the watch as some folks have seemed to have. But, I am going to be checking to confirm that it's keeping accurate time and not having any of the issues I've read about. After all, the watch is just the time and date and should be able to handle that functionality with ease. The Seller in our case was Teely's and we'll see if I have to ever contact them. If so, I'll follow up with details, but I'm hoping I don't.

Regarding the feedback that the pin seems to be "weak" - I actually have a theory. My guess is that that's by design so the the watch will pop right off your wrist if it does get caught on something so that you don't tweak your wrist or your arm. I can imagine that there are several activities where the watch could get caught on something and if it has no give, it could really do some damage as your arm and hand are dragged along with the "thing" your watch is hung up on. It's just a theory….but I think I'm right. :)

All that said, don't buy this watch. I prefer having and wearing something that I'm not going to see on someone else every other day.
on November 10, 2013
Watch stopped working after 3 months. Luckily it was under warranty and I had purchased through pier 18. Unbelievable response from Pier 18 and they issued a full refund within 3 days of receiving. Will definitely be buying another watch from Pier
on August 9, 2013
watch looks great and feels great. very light and easy to wear. perfect size and very tactical looking. wore a g shock for years now that I have this I forget its on my wrist. probably not as durable though.
on February 1, 2014
I purchased this watch three years ago based on appearance and quality. I was both right and wrong with this purchase. This watch was absolutely the baddest looking watch out there at the time, and still is. Completely blacked out except for the tritium markings on the face. With these, you can read the time no matter how dark it is, and they never diminished in brightness in three years. Tacticool. Awesome. Received many compliments on its looks.

And that's it. The band popped off this thing the first year. I took it to several jewelers who replaced the pins, and it kept popping back off. I took it back to each for repinning. Each told me the pins are not a regular size (23mm, I believe), so I ordered some pins online to replace. Same thing. So I ordered an entirely new band with replacement pins. This worked.

For another year. Had to replace it again. Then the battery went out. Replaced that, and back in business looking cool. Another band replacement six months ago. Now the battery is out again. Replaced it, and still not working. Three years, three band replacements at ~$50 each. Two battery replacements, the last of which didn't work.

The only way the Seals have used this watch is for marketing purposes. It can't take everyday wear - but it sure looks cool.
on March 24, 2015
The Good:
Its a great watch - durable, easy to read, the dark/night visibility cannot be beat.
Looks - black-on-black. What more is there to say?! It looks good...understated but not cheap. I've received compliments on it, and its noticed and has been mistaken for watches many times its cost.

The Bad:
Tiny point...the loops to keep the strap in place are a bit free/loose and the end of the strap works loose at times - like I said a small wall point.
The glass is prone to scratches depending upon how much abuse it is subjected to - but its is mineral crystal and not sapphire so it is to be expected (you get what you pay for, and it is pretty resilient unless you really subject it to abuse)
The strap degrades over time and cracks, eventually splitting - all depending upon how much you sweat/your body and its make up etc., but replacements are readily available and easy to install (another small point, and not a deal breaker by any stretch - after all it did not stop me from buying the same watch again when the first did eventually give up the ghost.

The Ugly:
It does look a little plasticky up close - but as the saying goes 'you get what you pay for'.
Overall a good watch and worth looking around to get the best price.
on January 11, 2012
This was exactly what my husband wanted. I found it here way cheaper than anywhere else. It shipped fast. He was so happy xmas morning! I will definately be using this seller again!
on April 23, 2012
Great watch, fine Swiss craftmanship... plus the demand for these watches by my military borthern and police has a reasoning. Arrived quick works wonderfully great time piece.
on October 7, 2012
I have nothing bad to say about this watch, it's a cool looking, high quality watch with minimalist function. I love my Luminox and so will you (I think).

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations