Luminox Atacama 1820 Series Metallic Blue Dial Men's Watch #1824
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Gunmetal stainless steel
- Swiss made quartz
- Sapphire glass anti reflective coating
This day-date model (1824) offers rugged durability that can withstand the most challenging conditions. It has a 42mm case size and a brilliant sunray blue dial with gray markings that match the gunmetal plated bracelets. Water resistance rated at 200 meters.Luminox has yet again breathed new life into a very traditional Field watch category. The new Atacama fieldgun metal plated bracelet gives the once rugged looking watch a very sleek and everyday feel withoutloosing its original functionality.
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 4.5 x 3.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds
- ASIN: B004WYPQWW
- Item model number: 1824
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 11, 2011
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Luminox|
|Dial window material type||Sapphire glass anti reflective coating|
|Clasp||Deployment with safety|
|Case material||Stainless Steel|
|Case diameter||42 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||15 millimeters|
|Band Material||Gunmetal ion plated stainless steel|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||23 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless Steel|
|Special features||Luminous, measures-seconds|
|Water resistant depth||200 Meters|
Top Customer Reviews
Longer version: My primary watch is a gold Rolex Day-Date Presidential. Originally my father's, it has great sentimental value to me, and I did not wish to risk losing it or having it stolen while on a recent international vacation. I wanted an alternative to take with me, and my criteria were specific. This watch met them perfectly.
* Waterproof for swimming. This watch is water resistant to 200m. Water resistance ratings are very misleading. If a watch isn't water resistant to at least 50m, it isn't waterproof for swimming. If you want to snorkel, it better be water resistant to 100m. [...]
* Black anodized stainless steel case and bracelet. I've never been a fan of rubber watchbands, and leather isn't suitable for swimming. The plating on gold-tone watches usually wears poorly, and I'd rather wear something more genuine. This watch isn't pretending to be something it isn't, and the black band has a great, rugged look for casual wear. Many pictures of this watch make the band look lighter than it is. It's darker than pictured on the Luminox website. It's more of a charcoal grey verging on black.
* Displays day of week and day of month.
* Synthetic sapphire crystal. This is the most expensive type of crystal you'll find on a watch, and it's rare to find it in a watch this affordable. It has beautiful clarity and is almost impossible to scratch in everyday use. Sapphire is a corundum. It rates a 9 on the Mohs hardness scale.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
after 3 years, movement became erratic, often stalling for hours at a time, and as I don't live in Rhode Island, the only service center in the US, I took to local jeweler who... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Thornton
the band is at least 3 links smaller than a standard band. it BARELY wraps around the little pillow in the box. this is a bad way to do business, Luminox.Published on December 23, 2013 by S. Heise
The Luminox 1824 is a nice looking watch, and I like the gunmetal finish. The face is a bit darker than I expected, so it can be a little hard to read. Read morePublished on August 9, 2013 by CJM61