Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on February 17, 2007
What made me give this 5 stars was the price comparison. For the money this watch is good quality & carries the tritium dial which is a nice if not essential touch. It's far brighter than the now extinct radium dials.

The case and strap give every impression of being durable although I'm not about to bash it around to find out. The general finish is good and the watch is comfortable to wear.

The white face against the black moulded case looks very good in my opinion. I mention this only because it's difficult to tell from the pictures on the web whether it'll look good in real life, but I think that it does.

I agree with the opinion of the other reviewer about the strap not being worth the money they were asking for replacement. The strap is good enough but not exactly special unless you're fanatical about having the Luminox stamp on the buckle. The practice of limiting the warranty to exclude the strap is a little poor, but I suspect widespread and not specific to Luminox.

One final niggle. If you examine the dial really (and I mean really) closely then you see that the second hand isn't absolutely and perfectly aligned with every second marker on the face. But you'd need to have a serious OCD problem to worry about this on a watch of this price.

Altogether very happy. Good price. Nice watch. Attractive tritium dial.
on October 7, 2012
I recently made a dive trip to the Keys and was anxious to see how my new Luminox 3007 performed. I was mostly concerned about ease of reading the watch underwater in different light conditions. About half way through one dive the watch fogged up and then stopped running. This was a real problem because I had additional dives to make without my own watch. Visibility was fine while I was using it, but reliability and quality are a real concern. I never went deeper that 30 ft before it fogged up.
on January 2, 2012
I have had this watch now for about three years and it is still seemingly bulletproof. I have, however, had to replace the band because it started to rip and would not remain on my wrist. The ruberized band itself lasted about 2 years which is good considering the a salesman for luminox said they normally only last a year. And in those two years, I barely took this thing off; not in the shower, pool, gym, or for work around the house; this watch is a quality time peice. The nylon band may last longer, but velcro does not work well if wet and in cold conditions; the velcro becomes useless. The rubber band is also very comfortable. The housing and transparent shield will, inevitably, get scuffed up, but I have really abused this watch at times. Never do these scuffs mess with the ability to read the watch.

It is really nice to have the day of the month as well, but this does not illuminate. But, this watch lights up so bright at night you can actually use it to read something if you really had to in pitch darkness. I have walked down a dark hallway at my house and this watch gave off a green aura that lit the way for me to see. It is also going to be a great watch for divers if it is not taken below 200 meters, which is a long way anyway. The rotating bezel allows you to set your time for oxygen or to time yourself at the gym like I do. The 60 second mark on the rotating bezel is also illuminated by tritium to find it easily. It has a lot of versatility for a simple design.

Luminox uses swiss quartz and the face has 12 and 24 hour time markings, adhereing to its military roots. The blackened stainless steel caseback has the Navy SEAL emblem laser etched, along with Swiss Made, adding to the coolness factor of the watch. However, I wish the little screws used to hold the caseback in place were also blackened as they do rust from the corrosive sweat you give off. My other issue with the watch is the second hands dont quite match up with the tick makes on the face. This, to me, is very trivial but it may bother some people. This watch is very easy to change to time and date if needed with the pinwheel on the side. Over the 3 years I have used it, it has never fell behind or sped up time, it always keeps accurate time.

Also, this is a super lightweight and comfortable watch you will forget you have on you unil you need it. I used to frequently wear my father's Omega Seamaster (James Bond Watch) and the thing was just too heavy and it would cut into my hand. My Fossil watch does the same thing. This watch won't pull the hair out of your arms or cause discomfort in heavy use.

This is my favorite watch and is the best I have ever owned. For the money, you get a great timepiece that will last a very long time. I highly recommend this watch to people like me who tend to unintentionally abuse things. A watch is an invaluable item to have on you and this is my watch of choice.
on May 12, 2007
I did a lot of comparison shopping for a sporty yet classy watch with a bezel, and it came down to Swiss Army vs. Luminox. My decision was made when I found this watch on sale for almost $100 dollars less than list price (thanks, Amazon!) and well below the cost of the Swiss Army watches I was looking at. Some people complain about the rubber wristband, but I like it. I'm sure it will break sooner or later, but no biggie. More importantly, the watch face itself is classy and easy to read. And it really is bright in the dark! I love the fact that you don't have to press a button to illuminate it. The bezel was a bit tough to rotate at first, but it's loosened up a bit since I first got it. It may not be as prestigious as a metal band watch, but it suits me just fine.
on September 20, 2011
Overall I am very pleased with my 3007 Luminox, and it has served me well for the past three years.

PROs
-The lume is very good
-Bezel turns with ease
-Battery is still going strong
-White face edition (3007) is pretty cool in my opinion

CONs
-Strap needed to be replaced after the third year.

While the strap did break earlier than I would have liked, I also really beat up on the watch, and am almost suprised it lasted this long.
on January 26, 2013
I read several reviews from other people that said this watch sucked. I beg to differ. I love this one! It's not too large on the wrist, and the illuminated dial and hands are great. The lights are not too bright so that it hurts the eyes or distracts you. Now granted, I haven't went diving into deep water, or beat it all to hell like a Navy SEAL might. But it's a really nice watch. I recommend it.
on October 21, 2011
I purchased this watch from Amazon about 3 years ago. I wore this watch all through Basic Military Training and Tech School and haven't had any problems. The crystal is strong and the face is nice and bright. Great for Entry Control during dark hours because you don't have to take your hands off your weapon to check the time, there are no buttons to press! While the rubber watch band did break at the 3 year mark, it was only after I got the watch caught on a piece of equipment. I bought a 22mm NATO watchband for $16 bucks and it looks great and will never break.
on December 9, 2014
This particular watch face (white) is, ironically, difficult to read in low light, like dusk or dawn, when the gaseous illumination isn't so effective. this watch is far more readable at night than the day, generally.the band broke fairly quickly, replaced with a Casio plastic band that has held up much better. I'm not so sure the SEALS really use these..
on September 11, 2013
My Fiance bought me this watch for Christmas 2012, knowing I like to dive,snorkel, and do outdoor activities. It is a very comfortable watch and the white face is easy to read under water. But the negative thing is, it cannot handle any water. I didn't test the water resistance until we took a trip to the Bahamas in April 2013. As soon as I got out from the pool it fogged up. Amazon will not take it back and replace it. Luminox will not honor Amazon as a authorized dealer. Someone needs to stand up behind their product. I have a $100 Fossil Watch that handles the water, humidity, and rigors of diving below 30ft. The "Navy Seal" watch has not lived up to its name at all.
Not Happy!!!
VINE VOICEon August 6, 2010
Some watches require two hands to see the time at night, one for the watch and one for the button. This watch is easily visible at night. It is also waterproof so I can wear it swimming or in the shower. I have always had one of these watches with a black face, and this one has a white one. The black numbers contrast well, and I think it is easier to see in the daylight than the watch with the black face. However, where Luminox watches are vastly superior to other watches are in that period of time where it is not fully dark. The black face works better there. I took off a half star for that.

I am allergic to some kinds of metal. This is another good reason to choose this watch. The four very tiny screws on the back almost never give me trouble. The band is rubber, and it is stiff enough that the buckle is never in contact with my wrist for extended periods. When that band gives out, there are silicone ones on the market that work well too.

The battery in these watches lasts for years. When I replaced the one in my last watch, I ruined the waterproof aspect. Since I kept forgetting and wearing it in the shower, it got moisture in it. Open it up and use a hair drier on it. Don't do as I did in haste after a couple of times and set it on top of the toaster oven. It will melt. Apparently one is supposed to send the watch somewhere to get a battery replacement and "pressurization" to retain the waterproof feature. That service is less than $40 which is cheaper than having to buy a new watch. That aspect lost it the other half star.