Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on May 17, 2004
I have owned the Lumisocpe 1094 for almost two years, and frankly, I can't recommend it. My blood pressure was always lower with the Lumiscope than when measured at the doctor's office. I innitially attributed it to "white coat syndrome" but my doctor invited me to bring my monitor in on a visit for a direct comparison. The Lumiscope failed to give readings as high as the doctor's professional equipment. Additionally, the readings on the Lumiscope were all over the spectrum...on one arm it might show 110/60, while a few moments later, on the other arm, it would read 160/90. The pulse feature is equally inaccurate and differs wildly in immediate sequential tests. I tried a new, larger cuff, but the results are the same.
There are additional reasons I do not like this particular machine. One is the fact that while it comes with a stowage case, it is too small, and virtually impossible to stuff the machine and cuff into the case without turning it on. The power switch is located along the hard to handle sloped front. The machine is awkward to handle. Grasping and handling the machine without touching the too sensitive on/off switch is near impossible.
On the positive side, it has a large, easily readable display, and it keeps track of your previous reading until you begin a new check. But the bottom line is, if it cannot be relied upon to give accurate readings, it isn't worth buying.