Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on February 12, 2012
This camera takes great pictures and I was very happy with that part. The problem is in the touch screen. It's very hard to use, the menus are hard to navigate, and it doesn't respond to my finger so I have to have the little stylus with me all the time. I definitely recommend the Lumix but will choose the one with the buttons instead.
on February 4, 2013
I Purchased this camera based on its superior optical system and the fact I had already owned a Panasonic
Lumix that was stolen. My original Lumix did not include the touchscreen. The problem is the menu system and the touchscreen work together to make controlling the camera impossible.The layout of the menu system is incomprehensible. The touchscreen adds to the fun by being very touchy and so eager to lead you to an item it goes off at the slightest touch. Couple that with dozens of made up graphic symbols that are neither standard nor in any way related to what is done. In short if you have any need to adjust this camera I guarantee you will fail. You will be constantly bewildered by what is considered important and by the grouping of unrelated functions in a menu system that might as well be written in the language of Pictographs. Do not buy this system. It is horrible and its inability to be set up in any meaningful way with less than a half hour of screwing around makes it nothing but a small box of frustration.
on September 28, 2011
Just bought this camera at Costco for $129 including all the accessories (battery, case, charger, etc) and LOVE IT. It has everything you want in a point-and-shoot camera. Really smart and auto-focus is right on. You don't have to spend time focusing it just does it automatically, and fast. Pictures come out crisp and clean and transfer nicely to a computer. We love that it has a feature that you can take shots in black and white.

Touch Screen, brilliant - actually has words to define the features instead of graphics that you never can remember what it means. Also gives you little helpful notes that run across the bottom part of the screen for instructions on what a feature does. It's really uber user friendly because I'm the type that is electronically challenged and can work this like a charm. First camera we've ever had that I can work easily.

Stylus - camera comes with a little stylus that you can use instead of your finger and my husband ingeniously tied it to the end of the hand strap that is attached to the camera for easy use. I like that the camera sounds off a little music bell when a command is completely, and when you take a shot it makes a click sound like an old fashioned camera...love it.

You can also choose to shoot in black/white, color, or sepa (which is a kind of muted pastel palet) cool.
Camera comes in black, silver, and red.
Camera is small but big enough to hold without dropping.
You can attach the camera to a tri-pod for group shots.
The screen is pretty large too and is bright enough to see even in a dark living room in the daytime too.

Great camera.
on December 6, 2011
After our pseudo-SLR died, I decided I wanted a very smart P&S that I could carry in my purse. After two weeks of daily use, I am very fond of this camera. It took a little while and some quality time with the PDF version of the manual to even begin to figure out what it was doing... the contextual settings can be pretty confusing. Now that I've got it set up the way I want, I'm quite happy. One of the best things I did was create 2 shortcuts that appear on the "home" screen, rather than having to dig through the menus to get to settings I knew I would use all the time (in my case, that's macro mode and flash settings). It's given me great shots in a variety of lighting situations, action shots, etc.

The one weakness I've found comes in the autofocus when zoomed in on a moving subject. A very specific scenario, I know, but I just recently missed a really cute shot because of it. I think that in the future I'll rely on the fact that the sensor is so big and just "zoom" by cropping.
on August 28, 2015
I'm very happy with this camera. Easy to use, the controls are intuitive, and the pictures are great. I returned the first camera I got of this model because of a defect with the lens - no problem about doing that and the replacement came quickly and works great. It's a good size to fit in my purse and the zoom is plenty for pretty much any situation. I would buy this camera again.
on May 19, 2014
I am something of a photo bug and I researched this camera thoroughly before buying it for my daughter in law. The camera has fulfilled all my expectations plus. I set up the camera and from then on the pictures were beautiful. She loves the camera and I get pictures of my grandchildren. A real win-win situation. We found no problem with the touch-screen sensitivity nor was it particularly difficult to figure out how to set up the camera as we wished.
on October 29, 2012
This is an amazing camera. My pictures are excellent with brilliant colors. Can actually point the camera into the sun and get beautiful sunsets. The telephoto lens in this camera is fantastic and able to capture distant wildlife and landscape scenes. It also has a decent wide angle lens and can do some panorama pictures. I have no dust spots or fading in corners that I have experienced in other cameras. Could be a bit user friendly, but if used frequently, not an issue. Read the manual and there should be no issues. Have recommended to several friends and they too are very happy with the performance. A bit more expensive than other comparable models, but I found it well worth the extra cost.
on January 27, 2013
Many reviewers on amazon.com and other sites seem to not like the touchscreen. I LOVE the touchscreen interface. It is easy and very fast! I never want to use a pocket camera with buttons and switches again!

This camera has many settings—almost too many. However, the basic settings are easy to access. A nice feature is the ability to drag two of your favorite settings (shortcuts) to the main screen so they are literally at your fingertip. I only wish there was room for 3 or four favorites to the top level.

You can turn the camera on and take a picture in 2 seconds. If you've owned another camera and missed more than a few shots because you were waiting for the camera to boot up, you'll appreciate how fast this camera starts up. When it comes to turning off the camera, you can set it to go to sleep in 2 min, 5 min, 10 min, or never. Again, if you've owned another camera and missed great shots because the camera went to sleep just as the action started happening, you'll appreciate the option to never turn the camera off. Sometimes getting the picture is more important than conserving a battery, espcially if you have spares.

One reviewer pointed out a design flaw: the lens causes a shadow in the lower left corner when you use the flash in zoom. He's right. That doesn't bother me because I have a DSLR that I use for closeup flash situations, which is hardly ever. However, if this is your only camera and you think you'll need to take closeups with a flash, you may want to look for a different camera.

Some reviewers noted that flash images can be washed out. That's also true—sometimes. I reduce the exposure by 1/3 or 2/3 EV. Instead of digging into the menus to find the EV setting, I placed it as one of the shortcuts on my main screen.

There are lots of neat features about this camera. It has all the basics and more. I carry it with me wherever I go. I still use my DSLR when I want high quality uncompressed RAW images. For everyday use, I love this camera!
on May 19, 2014
I originally purchased this camera 2 years ago and have been extremely happy with it. It is easy to use and the picture results are fantastic. With this camera, you get more then its value. Mine was stolen and I am now replacing it with the same camera manufacturer and model. Highly recommend this particular camera.
on September 1, 2011
Love the camera. My only negative is there is no zoom function when shooting a video like my older model Panasonic.