Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Chocolate Dot|Change

on June 21, 2012
I had one of the most commonly used nursing pillow with my first, and while it did the job, after a few months it started going totally flat and I also was having trouble with keeping my baby from falling in the gap between my stomach and the pillow--not so with the Luna Lullaby!

Pros:

~The "L" shape is so much more comfortable than the typical "U." I had a c-section and I couldn't imagine having to put a tighter pillow right around my sore incision. Plus, when other members of the family want to hold the baby (not all of them are small waisted people)everyone can use this pillow comfortably.

~It is large enough to be able to comfortably support a variety of nursing positions, even with an older, bigger baby

~The covers are easy to slip on and off without needing the jaws of life like on some other nursing pillows--very important during 3AM "eruptions"...

~It doesn't scream "NURSING PILLOW" if I leave it out on the couch and we have company over.

~The fabric is so so soft on both my skin and my baby's- the dots are raised so there is an interesting tactile facet to this pillow.

~It is a versatile pillow- I can see using it just for myself for naps or watching movies on the couch!

Cons:

~It is a very large nursing pillow, so it might not fit well if you are nursing in a regular sized wooden-frame glider. I use it on a la-z-boy recliner, and it is just perfect.

~Also related to its' size, it's not exactly travel friendly. Then again, most of the time I just plan on using it at home, so it wasn't an issue for me.

~It is on the pricier side

Neutral:
~This is one of the softer nursing pillows I've encountered, which you may or may not like
on August 10, 2009
I first got a Boppy, and then as my DS got bigger, his legs would fall off to the side and a 'dent' developed in the middle of the curve. I first came across the Bosom Baby pillow at a breastfeeding store, and had to have it!
Reasons I love it:
1) I heard complaints that the Boppy isn't long/wide enough for larger women, and this is definitely longer/wider than the Boppy.
2)The cover that comes with it is velvety soft.
3)I can throw the pillow into the wash/dry when it gets soiled, and 'hang to dry ' the cover like the instructions note.
4)It is comfortable to use and could be helpful if you're nursing 24M+.
5)Makes a great pillow for your neck/head when watching tv!

Maybe it doesn't have a pocket to keep your phone or burp cloth, but with the right cover, we're keeping it in our living room to use for ourselves (minus the nursing now). If you're the type of mom, like me, who likes buying things w/multiple purposes, the Bosom Baby Pillow is definitely practical in style and function.
on March 27, 2011
I first used this pillow when I saw a lactation consultant. As soon as I got home I purchased my first LL pillow. I can't describe the difference between that and the Boppy. LL pillow provides sooo much more support and surface area to work with. This recent purchase was for my second LL pillow. I love it so much I wanted to have two so I could keep one in the car. I'm still nursing my son who will be 1 year in three weeks. The pillow still has tons of room for him to grow if I continue to nurse him past the 1 year mark :) I have recommended this pillow to all my friends and family who are currently breastfeeding. I give this pillow a 10/10, 5 stars isn't enough!
on April 20, 2012
I bought this pillow to help me nurse my newborn daughter back in 2006 after reading many high reviews on this item on babycenter's website. I loved how soft and plush it felt and that it was larger than other pillows I had looked at. I had a Boppy with my son and though it worked, it wasn't the greatest. It didn't sit high enough so I'd end up bending over, hurting my neck and back. I didn't have that problem with this pillow at first. However after much use, the pillow lost a little of it's fluffiness and I had to sometimes put a bed pillow under it to get the baby up high enough. It lost some of it's shape after I washed it a few times. I would rather not have washed the pillow itself but I had no other choice after a few bad blowouts! Eventually the pillow pretty much deteriorated and I was sad! I'd say it lasted about a year, which was the amount of time I nursed anyhow. It got LOTS of use in that year and my daugher honestly loved the pillow. We would curl the pillow up and place her in the middle and she'd nap there sometimes. I also used it for a bedtime pillow and in my computer chair behind my back. So while I did have a few problmes with it, I also did really love it at the same time or I wouldn't be writing this review 6 years later. I'm going to buy another one this time around and try to take better care of it while washing. I bought the My brestfriend pillow recently and I'm curious how that one works out opposed to this one. I'm thinking I'll like it b/c it's so firm and sits high up. Even if I end up liking the other pillow, this one will surely get use no matter what b/c of it's softness and versatility. It's truely a super nice pillow.
review image
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
I have a long torso and this does the trick. And since it's an L, it works for football hold as well as cradle. We had a lot of damage and latch issues and I had to have my son in football hold for a long time. Everytime I'd go see the LC, she'd make me use like 4 pillows. I'd get home and put this over to the side and it was enough all on it's own. My daughter liked to lay on the other side while I was nursing and we'd read. Now it's used behind the baby as he learns to sit properly. and soon it'll just be a great pillow for my daughter to use to read.
on January 23, 2015
I absolutely love this nursing pillow! I had the boppy for my last baby and though I liked it to prop the baby and other things I just never liked it for nursing. I'm bigger so I just figured it was my size. I thought I was fine with just using regular pillows but I kept eyeing this pillow when I was pregnant and finally went for it. I was surprised right away when I got it how soft it was and generous sized. I started using it as a pregnancy pillow just to get comfortable since I was still pregnant and it was great for that. Then I tried it for breast feeding and I was in heaven. It gets the baby at just the right height and is so soft and comfy. I kind on want 2 now so I don't have to move it between rooms that I often breast feed in. It also works as a baby lounge just like boppy. And my 3 year old also liked to lay on while watching tv so I think it will have plenty of post nursing uses as well.
on August 6, 2014
Luna VS. Boppy
I bought this for my second child after owning the boppy for my first. I had a C-section and knew I would have another so I bought this thinking this might work better for me than the boppy. I am so glad I did. The luna is longer so you can rest your elbows, arms, hands, etc. on it while breatfeeding. It is more comfortable because of the V shape instead of the boppy's C shaped design. It fits looser around you so it does not provide as much pressure on the incision. The biggest difference for me was that the luna is taller than the boppy so it makes it easier to get a smaller baby in a good position for latch on. The cover is very soft and easy to remove and wash. Comes out looking just as good as it went in. Definitely not a small pillow- I use it not only for breastfeeding but just for laying on, resting, back support while sitting. The only advantage the boppy has over it is for use as a tummy time pillow or for baby support. This one is just too tall and not the right shape to keep a baby supported. This might be more expensive than the boppy but definitely worth it if you plan to breastfeed.
on January 9, 2012
I got this pillow when I was 24 weeks pregnant and have loved it ever since! I am now 35 weeks pregnant and am so thankful for this pillow. I had to give up my snoogle because my two year old likes to come into our bed sometimes in the morning and that got in his way. I just keep this one between my legs and it does not bother anyone. I have been sleeping fairly well for a pregnant woman in her 3rd trimester. No more back pain and uncomfortable nights. I can't wait to use it as a nursing pillow once my little one arrives!

Update: Although this is a great pillow, I find it a little big to use for nursing... especially when sitting on my rocking chair. Otherwise it's a good nursing pillow and even a great lounger for my little baby. I still don't know if that justifies the high price tag though.
on May 6, 2014
Great quality, love love love the feel of the fabric of the cover. I can not wait to use it, I already like it better than the Boppy I used with my first child. I will not get to use it till the end of June so I will update my review at that time.
on May 25, 2014
I have this and the boppy, luna lullaby works best in a variety of situtions.

First, the pillow is more comfortable for the baby than the boppy and our baby loved falling asleep on it

Second, I could fit into this pillow post partum; the boppy is very small where as the luna is wider

Third, the luna is longer so our child (who nursed past a year) was able to fit on it beyond her first birthday so we got much more use out of it

Took this pillow when we flew internationally and nationally; it was fantastic -- really comfortable and our child happily slept plus it is not as dense as the boppy so we were able to squeeze/fold it into smaller nooks to carry through the airport!

So glad I got this one!