Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lunar Nodes: Discover Your Soul's Karmic Mission
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon November 18, 2008
I've collected books on the nodes for many years. Some were good, like Jan Spillers book on the nodes by sign and house, but most did not cover them in much depth. This book covers the nodes in aspect to all the planets, by house and sign, in aspect to chiron and Part of Fortune, in synastry, in solar returns and progressed charts as well. It also has an indepth discussion of the north and south nodes in terms of karma. It goes on to talk about the nodes in transit and in relationship to the angles. In most cases she dedicates a chapter to each topic. This book should be on the shelf of any astrologer who has enough knowledge to read a chart wheel. Great book!
22 comments|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2008
This book is the most comprehensive I've ever found on the lunar nodes. Teal covers the gamut from nodes in the birth chart to transiting nodes and nodes in progressions and solar returns. She also has some real gems in here on the Vertex and the part of fortune. Her research is impressive, her writing style fluid and clear. The book should be on every astrologer's shelf, but I recommend it for non-astrologers, too, for people who are simply interested in what the nodes might mean in their own natal charts.
on February 26, 2009
I am an astrologer, I have a lot of books on the lunar nodes but I like this one because it covers all the different methods of using the nodes in one book; in an easy form. I spent a long time looking through the book before making my decision since I already have books on the nodes. This one seemed to answer questions I didn't find in the other books.
Even a beginner would get something out of it but the nodes are more an astrologers tool.
on November 16, 2008
I just received this book last week and cannot put it down. There are no books like this available regarding the nodes. The author is very experienced and she covers every aspect of the nodes from birth aspect to progression and transits. A must read in my opinion.
on March 21, 2009
I was pretty skeptic before buying this book. To be very true, I was not expecting much, but once I started reading the book, I just could not keep it down. The depth of author's knowledge on the Nodes is simply amazing. I'd recommend this book to all who are new to the "nodes", but are keen to explore its depths.

Cheers
Anand Chawra
on February 25, 2009
I was glad to see in Ms. Teal's latest book information related to the Vertex, Part of Fortune, and Chiron aspects to the nodes that has not been included in any other book of it's kind. She also includes the differences between the transiting nodes aspects to planets and all the transiting planets contacts to the nodes....there is a difference. A reader will also find helpful information on the Progressed nodes and the nodes in Solar return charts too. Good job!
on January 29, 2009
As a teacher of astrology, I am always looking for books that are well written and researched. Celeste Teal's work always demonstrates a complete mastery of the subject and "Lunar Nodes" is yet another example of her expertise. Her ability to provide in-depth descriptions that are usable by student and professional alike makes her books earn space on the top shelf.

"Lunar Nodes" ventures into more spiritual/karmic territory than her previous works on forecasting. Fortunately, she applies her clear, concise and rational approach to this topic that has been muddied by other authors.

If you are a complete beginner in astrology and looking for a book that will provide valuable guidance for yourself and others in your life, this is the book. If you are a student or practitioner, this book reminds you of the subtle truths available through the study of astrology.
on January 28, 2010
I am a fan of Mrs. Teal's book as they have been a wonderful tool for me with predicting major events in my life. She was kind enough to quickly reply to my email regarding a question I had about venus and mars returns. I wanted to add my comments regarding her email reply and my experience from her books.

Mrs. Teal? Wow, I'm surprised and delighted to get your email as I am a fan of your work. Thank you so much for replying. I can not tell you enough how helpful your books have been for me in the last couple of years for timing of events. The Lunar Nodes book is amazing when I first read that one I thought I found gold. If I only had this years ago and knew more about astrology then. Your books are right on for predictions and that is a wonderful gift you have thank you for sharing that gift with others. I hope to read more new books, please don't stop writing.
on January 15, 2009
Celeste Teal's new book Lunar Nodes is perfect for the beginner and the professional. You will find the keys in the treasure box on how to re-direct your life and create winning scenarios at every opportunity. This book is a must for every person. If you are just a beginner it will get you on course. If you are a professional it will be a well worn reference book. Get it!
on September 24, 2015
The book gives the usual descriptions of the Nodes in Signs and Houses, but does not explain the reason for the Nodes in one's birth chart.
Simply put, the South Node is the activity, physical, mental, emotional, that you overdid in your past life and therefore, because we all have a karmic balance and survival mechanism built into our natures, we cannot overindulge in again. We will have to downplay this activity or interest in this life.
The North Node wlll indicate the opposite activity that we must do in this lifetime to balance out the overbalanced South Node activity. For instance, in the birth chart, the houses indicating career and home are opposite to each other. If we overdid the career activity in our past life, we will now find ourselves forced to focus our attention on the home (because now we will have severe problems there) and be unable to pursue a career as the major activity. In my own birth chart, for example, I overdid the career activity and wound up with Saturn in the 4th house (home) square the Moon (wife) in this life and so had to pay much attention to learning and developing this neglected area. I was unable to realize my (old) career ambitions.