Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 26, 2016
Beautifully written. A charming view into contemporary life in Paris.
on May 30, 2016
Try the yogurt cake recipe !
on May 14, 2016
I am loving this book. I'm only on page 82 and I'm trying to read it slowly so it will last longer.
I'm making a couple of the recipes tonight.
on April 22, 2016
I was disappointed with the book, possibly because I didn't care for the recipes.
on April 12, 2016
Lunch in Paris is a real story. Sure, you have the normal Paris-colored glasses on while reading, but it's not all pastries and walks along the Seine. It's that and real life.

Elizabeth met Gwendal while she was living in London (she's from New York). They did the long-distance thing for a while (weekends in Paris? Yes please!) and after two years she took the plunge to move into his cozy Parisian apartment with him.

She shares her struggles with learning French, moving to a foreign country, making new friends, and figuring out what she wants to do job wise. She talks about learning the French attitude of doing what makes you happy versus doing what will earn the most money (as we tend to do in the US), and teaches her husband the anything-is-possible attitude many Americans have. It made sense to me that most of the people in their social circle or those they met didn't automatically start talking about what they did for a living; really, who wants to do that? I'm going to find a way to tell new people I meet about my passion for books, my blog, starting a ladies comic book club, and my cats before I talk about where I am stuck from 8-5 each weekday.

Then, there's the food. Elizabeth does a beautiful job taking us on a walk through the market with her and explaining her troubles in trying to recreate her favorites from home with what is available in Paris. Several recipes are included that were part of stories in the same chapter. She also emphasizes what little quantities the french eat; they deny themselves nothing by eating very small portions. I'm working on this! Though it would help if the quality of food were as good as it is over there...

I have already started reading her next book, Picnic in Provence. I recommend them both!
on April 6, 2016
If you enjoy a travel memoir and like to cook - you will love this book. It makes you hungry the whole time but inspired me to try french cooking.
on April 5, 2016
The recipes alone sold me on this book, but I loved the story and immediately wanted to join Elizabeth at a dining table!
on March 25, 2016
This book is a fun read. If you admire the French way of life and wonder what it would be like to live there, this is the book for you. Elizabeth Bard chronicles her journey from just visiting Paris to moving there. She also includes some delicious recipes. The yogurt cake that most French children learn to make was delicious and fun to make with my 7 year old son. All in all this is an enjoyable book.
on February 5, 2016
Great love story that melds America and France along with beautiful recipes and descriptions of fabulous meals interspersed with a sweet tale.
on January 17, 2016
A charming book, filled with great recipes. A love story about Paris, cooking, and the man who drew the author to them both. I gained some useful insights into French culture and made some excellent meals as a result of this book.