5.0 out of 5 stars Great lunch container, excellent customer service
I love this container - we use it everyday. The Duo is also getting a workout. They protect fruit and other more fragile edibles nicely, and are pretty and cheerfully designed, to boot. We're happy not to be using plastic.

I also experienced a problem with the lid paint (Pico only), but one simple email to the company prompted this response:

Thank...
Published on March 14, 2010 by Needle Good

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - Maybe I can use them to store nuts and bolts.
Published on January 14, 2011 by Joe Consumer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lunch container, excellent customer service, March 14, 2010
This review is from: LunchBots Pico Stainless Steel Food Container, Yellow (Kitchen)

Thank you for contacting us and we sincerely apologize for this problem with
your LunchBots lids.

We recently discovered that a small batch of lids had a manufacturing defect
where the powder coating did not adhere well to the underlying stainless
steel. Our lids are designed to be durable and we have corrected the
problem.

We would like to send you replacements for all your LunchBots lids, even if
some lids still look fine, since they were all part of the same batch.
Please complete the form below and we will have your new lids in the mail
within 1-2 days.

We are very sorry about this problem and appreciate you giving us the
opportunity to make it right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these lunchbots, October 20, 2009
I love this new size of the lunchbots. We put in goldfish, almonds, cheese in one side and small crackers or salami in the other side. I use this one for after school or recess snack, but also great for lunch. We have several of all the sizes and just throw them into a bin after washing and they have held up really well. We've had ours for months and use them every day (2 kids) and they look great. I think there is one paint chip, but jeeze, with the way we slam them around I think they are amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for packing lunches without plastic!, October 7, 2009
I bought this for my kindergartener who needs to pack a snack daily for school. It is awesome! I am so happy to eliminate all the plastic bags. I get a good feeling when I pack this knowing there is no dangerous plastic surrounding their food. Didn't have any of the problems the other reviewer mentioned. Great all around. We also own the Duo and Uno for my 2nd grader. Those are awesome too. I pack those along with a Klean Kanteen water bottle for his lunch. It all fits into his GI Joe lunch bag so he thinks it's "cool" too. These would not work for something liquid, like applesauce. Need to find another solution for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect lunch additions...., December 22, 2009
HappyMommy (Woodland Hills, CA) - See all my reviews
These are great. I had seen a few average reviews about the way the steel is forged on the sides....and I can say that is definitely not the case. Maybe there was a bad lot made before and has since changed, but these are made with quite good quality. They are perfect for kids or adults' lunches or snacks. And it's nice as it keeps the 2 compartments completely separate (mind you it's not made for anything with liquids).

And what's not to love, there is no plastic! no BPA, phlalates,nothing. Just pure steel with a hint of color. =)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - Maybe I can use them to store nuts and bolts., January 14, 2011
We have three of these collecting dust in our container drawer. The list of what they can't be used for is bigger than what they can. The lid has a plastic coating that eventually comes detached from the metal making air blisters. The don't seal, so you can't put wet items in them. We have the model with two compartments which makes each too small to hold any quantities or any item that won't fit due to its shape. So many times the lid came off in the lunchbox, spilling the contents out. Since it isn't an airtight fit, if you don't eat the item the same day, certain foods dry out and go stale. Overall, a bad concept, design, and execution. I need to remission these items to the workroom - overkill for storing hardware fasteners. I can't recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little container for you lunch bag., July 30, 2010
I am using the Yellow Lunchbot for Annie's Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies Baked Snack Crackers, Original, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12) and Trail Mix.

These are sturdy metal containers with tight fitting lids, however it is not to tight where it would make it difficult to remove. They are attractive and come with a fixed divider so you can put two different food items in the container. They come in different sizes so you yo should be able to find the right size.

I have two of these an orange and a yellow. I have had these for over a month and they are stacked on top of each other in the lunch bag. They have proven to be durable with no paint flaking that was mentioned in one review. My Lunchbots do not have any tack welds, therefore, no sharp edges. I sharp edges were mentioned in another review. Maybe, they changed the design. This is a good sign, the company is responding to the consumer.

PRO: Sturdy, will not leach chemicals, reusable, and recyclable, multiple sizes, lighter than glass.

CONS: Divider can not be removed or moved, small items like nuts and seeds might crossover to other side of the food divider. So some of your trail mix might start mating with your goldfish crackers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finding many uses, May 20, 2010
Silicon Valley Dad (San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
Yes: I love LunchBots for the kids to bring their lunches to school. They are handy, save having to buy disposable storage containers/bags, and very easy to clean. What has surprised me are all the other uses we've found for them.

Going on a picnic? Throw a variety of choices into the LunchBots. (Admission: we have 2 Picos, 2 Duos and an Uno -- having the assortment makes things especially handy.)

We use a lot of canned veggies and beans for salads: since we don't use an entire can, the extras go into our LunchBots (the Pico is perfect for this -- each side for a different item).

I even discovered that the Pico is a perfect size to serve Oreos and Chips-Ahoy to guests (nine of each fits into one side).

We're using them so much that we keep them on the counter rather than in the cabinet. It's a fun and colorful stack...always on the ready for the next need we have.

Though my favorite use remains carrying sandwiches. The shape of the Uno is perfect, and the sandwich comes out just as it went in: the insides exactly aligned within the bread and the bread completely uncrushed. What more could you ask?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for preschoolers., March 31, 2010
mcaraway (CA United States) - See all my reviews
My 5 and 8 year old boys have been using our lunch bots daily for over 6 months and they love them. I love how easy they are to clean and how nicely they fit in lunch boxes and diaper bags. They love that they keep the food separate. The lids are not hard for either of them (or my 16 month old, who takes his snacks in them) to remove.

The company is excellent to deal with, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or their products to everyone I know.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to plastic, January 26, 2010
Originally, I ordered just two of them for my kids. Then, after realizing how much we love them and how often we use them I bought additional two for myself and my husband:-) The pico size is on the very small side, didn't work for us. Both kids (ages 4 and 2) use the duo size ones. I put halved sandwiches there, grapes, sliced peppers,oranges, goldfish. My daughter brings it to preschool every day. My husband and I use the Eco ones.
Also, I should note, that the paint on them chipped a little bit, but it doesn't effect the overall quality of the product. Guess I wouldn't wash the lids in the dishwasher:-))

4.0 out of 5 stars I like these very much, November 16, 2009
maddie's mom (philadelphia, pa) - See all my reviews
Bought 3 different lunchbots. Very happy with them. Especially ilke the ones with the partition in them. keeps food separated with no problems. i'm happy to be using stainless steal instead of plastic and wasting baggies. only complaint is that the paint is starting to chip off my orange lid and i've only used it/washed it a small number of times. that and i do think they are a little expensive, but isn't anything that is healthier and environmental conscience more expensive these days???