Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on March 14, 2010
I love this container - we use it everyday. The Duo is also getting a workout. They protect fruit and other more fragile edibles nicely, and are pretty and cheerfully designed, to boot. We're happy not to be using plastic.

I also experienced a problem with the lid paint (Pico only), but one simple email to the company prompted this response:

Thank you for contacting us and we sincerely apologize for this problem with
your LunchBots lids.

We recently discovered that a small batch of lids had a manufacturing defect
where the powder coating did not adhere well to the underlying stainless
steel. Our lids are designed to be durable and we have corrected the
problem.

We would like to send you replacements for all your LunchBots lids, even if
some lids still look fine, since they were all part of the same batch.
Please complete the form below and we will have your new lids in the mail
within 1-2 days.

We are very sorry about this problem and appreciate you giving us the
opportunity to make it right.
on October 20, 2009
I love this new size of the lunchbots. We put in goldfish, almonds, cheese in one side and small crackers or salami in the other side. I use this one for after school or recess snack, but also great for lunch. We have several of all the sizes and just throw them into a bin after washing and they have held up really well. We've had ours for months and use them every day (2 kids) and they look great. I think there is one paint chip, but jeeze, with the way we slam them around I think they are amazing!
on January 14, 2011
We have three of these collecting dust in our container drawer. The list of what they can't be used for is bigger than what they can. The lid has a plastic coating that eventually comes detached from the metal making air blisters. The don't seal, so you can't put wet items in them. We have the model with two compartments which makes each too small to hold any quantities or any item that won't fit due to its shape. So many times the lid came off in the lunchbox, spilling the contents out. Since it isn't an airtight fit, if you don't eat the item the same day, certain foods dry out and go stale. Overall, a bad concept, design, and execution. I need to remission these items to the workroom - overkill for storing hardware fasteners. I can't recommend.
on October 7, 2009
I bought this for my kindergartener who needs to pack a snack daily for school. It is awesome! I am so happy to eliminate all the plastic bags. I get a good feeling when I pack this knowing there is no dangerous plastic surrounding their food. Didn't have any of the problems the other reviewer mentioned. Great all around. We also own the Duo and Uno for my 2nd grader. Those are awesome too. I pack those along with a Klean Kanteen water bottle for his lunch. It all fits into his GI Joe lunch bag so he thinks it's "cool" too. These would not work for something liquid, like applesauce. Need to find another solution for that.
on December 22, 2009
These are great. I had seen a few average reviews about the way the steel is forged on the sides....and I can say that is definitely not the case. Maybe there was a bad lot made before and has since changed, but these are made with quite good quality. They are perfect for kids or adults' lunches or snacks. And it's nice as it keeps the 2 compartments completely separate (mind you it's not made for anything with liquids).

And what's not to love, there is no plastic! no BPA, phlalates,nothing. Just pure steel with a hint of color. =)
on July 30, 2010
I am using the Yellow Lunchbot for Annie's Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies Baked Snack Crackers, Original, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12) and Trail Mix.

These are sturdy metal containers with tight fitting lids, however it is not to tight where it would make it difficult to remove. They are attractive and come with a fixed divider so you can put two different food items in the container. They come in different sizes so you yo should be able to find the right size.

I have two of these an orange and a yellow. I have had these for over a month and they are stacked on top of each other in the lunch bag. They have proven to be durable with no paint flaking that was mentioned in one review. My Lunchbots do not have any tack welds, therefore, no sharp edges. I sharp edges were mentioned in another review. Maybe, they changed the design. This is a good sign, the company is responding to the consumer.

PRO: Sturdy, will not leach chemicals, reusable, and recyclable, multiple sizes, lighter than glass.

CONS: Divider can not be removed or moved, small items like nuts and seeds might crossover to other side of the food divider. So some of your trail mix might start mating with your goldfish crackers.
on May 20, 2010
Yes: I love LunchBots for the kids to bring their lunches to school. They are handy, save having to buy disposable storage containers/bags, and very easy to clean. What has surprised me are all the other uses we've found for them.

Going on a picnic? Throw a variety of choices into the LunchBots. (Admission: we have 2 Picos, 2 Duos and an Uno -- having the assortment makes things especially handy.)

We use a lot of canned veggies and beans for salads: since we don't use an entire can, the extras go into our LunchBots (the Pico is perfect for this -- each side for a different item).

I even discovered that the Pico is a perfect size to serve Oreos and Chips-Ahoy to guests (nine of each fits into one side).

We're using them so much that we keep them on the counter rather than in the cabinet. It's a fun and colorful stack...always on the ready for the next need we have.

Though my favorite use remains carrying sandwiches. The shape of the Uno is perfect, and the sandwich comes out just as it went in: the insides exactly aligned within the bread and the bread completely uncrushed. What more could you ask?
on January 8, 2012
Seriously, Ihave discovered so many useful products on Amazon, it is a horrible shame. Anyway, this LunchBot is Great. It is the perfect size for packing my Princess' snacks/lunch for school. We live in Kuwait and my daughter attends a Day care in which we must pack her lunch/snacks for the day. This Lunch Bot is sized perfectly for the serving sizes needed for her food items. I really, really, really would not want to do without this. I also have the Duo and the Uno, but those are too big for her. I live the Duo, not crazy about the Uno, but I prefer the Pico for my Pico Princess. I try to keep it to two same type items when packing her lunch; not sure if this would agree with having two unlike items. For example, if I pack something like a pasta salad, I may use one side for plan Pasta salad and the other for Pasta salad with the works, or maybe a sandwich wrapped in Press and Seal. I would not pack something salty or oily or that contains a type of dressing on one side and something like fruits on the other for fear that the liquids from one side will leak to the other. Hence the reason why I only gave it 4 stars. the divider is not seal proof and does not prevent the liquids or juices from leaking over to the other side of the divider.Nevertheless, that is not really that big of a deal, but it the divider kept food and food juice integrity, I would given it 5 stars. For items that I don't wnat to be contamiated with juices from other foods, I use the Kid Konserve, which is also AWESOME.
on March 31, 2010
My 5 and 8 year old boys have been using our lunch bots daily for over 6 months and they love them. I love how easy they are to clean and how nicely they fit in lunch boxes and diaper bags. They love that they keep the food separate. The lids are not hard for either of them (or my 16 month old, who takes his snacks in them) to remove.

The company is excellent to deal with, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them or their products to everyone I know.
on October 17, 2012
I bought this Lunchbots container for myself. I love putting things like crackers or trail mix (or both!) in here and tossing it in my purse for work or my totebag for school. The size is great for portion control, as it holds about a handful of snacks in each of the two compartments. It's great not to have to use plastic bags for snacks anymore.

This is not a snack box for those looking to pack snacks like yogurt or fresh fruit (aside from fruit like berries), as the compartments are not sealed from each other and the lid doesn't make a seal. The lid does sit on the container nicely but it doesn't take much to get it loose, so take care in how you place it in your purse or backpack.

All in all it's a good and sturdy container that suits my needs, and I'll be purchasing more in the future.