5.0 out of 5 stars The cooking aroma alone makes it worth every penny
Published on February 27, 2008 by B. Davis

2.0 out of 5 stars I'll keep buying this
I am updating my review below to warn people that the "suggestion" to refrigerate "for extended shelf life" actually should be a requirement. What I learned, after storing in my chilly pantry instead of the refrigerator, is that because this is a eco-friendly product, there are critters that may be hitching a ride. Pantry moths (and their wiggly larvae) infested...
Published 16 months ago by S. C. Greene

5.0 out of 5 stars The cooking aroma alone makes it worth every penny, February 27, 2008
This review is from: Lundberg Wild Blend, Gourmet Blend of Wild and Whole Grain Brown Rice, Gluten Free, 16-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6) Package May Vary (Grocery)
I can only add three things to what others have already said - the aroma of this rice mix will fill your home and you will love it. Comparied to plain brown rice that I buy at the store (Mahatma) this mix has three times the fiber per serving. And lastly the cooking directions on my bag differ slightly from the directions here at Amazon - the bag does not say to rinse first (so I don't), and the bag says to cover AFTER you have brought to a boil and reduced the heat. Other than these comments I can only agree whole-heartedly with the first five reviews, that this totally wholesome food item is scrumpdiddlyumscious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rice EVAR, July 12, 2012
ben (SF, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Ok, I'm Asian. I've eaten rice roughly 15,000 times. This is the best rice grain I've ever had.

My parents, who have eaten rice roughly 50,000 times in their lives, switched to this rice after they stole a bag from me when they visited.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite so far!, April 2, 2007
teathyme (an Air Force family Mom) - See all my reviews
I'm really a white rice kinda person - raised on it, like it. As my tastes matured I learned how much more flavor there is to be had -- basmati, jasmine...in white rice, jasmine is my favorite. I started trying to eat better several years ago, but never truly learned to appreciate brown rice. Instead, I ended up mostly cutting rice from my diet. Now that I have found Lundberg Wild Blend, rice is back in the lineup. I look forward to the nights when this is one of the sides. It has a nutty taste, yes, but also a bit of sweetness. We love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Rice Ever, December 17, 2007
Thought that this would be just another pretty rice blend, but it's become the "only" rice I make anymore. It has a subtle nutty flavour that combines well with any seasoning. The different textures you experience when eating are wonderful. I highly recommend this blend to anyone. Add a rice pilaf recipe, a wooden spoon, and you have a great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible flavor and texture brown rice, August 30, 2011
This rice blend is the best tasting rice i have ever experienced. I use a zoji rice cooker with fuzzy logic set on the brown rice setting. Iuse canned swanson chicken stock instead of water and put butter in the bowl before cooking. The net result is a mind blowing goodness that is nutty and extremely flavorful. The texture is also very pleasing. This is a great blend. If you want great reviews on your dinner presentation then this should be part of your dinner plate. Raves are guaranteed if you make it this way. I have not tried to cook it any other way as i have found gourmet perfection and there is no need to modify or mess with this good thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a healthy rice, February 28, 2012
Lets not decieve ourselves, does this rice taste GOOD? Its definitely healthy, and Ive yet to meet a healthy food Id pick over an unhealthy version of itself. all else equal, I wouldnt pick this over a nice white rice based recipe... but if youre like me, youre only here because you need to cut out the simple carbs. So we'll proceed, the texture is unique but not bad, the flavor is nutty and relatively strong, which is good I think...

I prepared the rice in a zojirushi rice cooker, 1/4 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of water, cooked it on the brown rice setting for approximately 50minutes in all. serving size was plentiful beside some chicken and veggies.

I will try it with some chicken broth tomorrow, an excellent 0 carb addition to rice ussually.

to followup, I prepared it again, this time I did half cup of rice and 1 cup of chicken broth. rice maker seemed to prefer this quantity, and the chicken broth made the overall flavor so much better. I actually did not mind eating it at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for carb management, May 17, 2010
LVW (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
Obviously rice isn't a low-carb food per se, but this wild blend has significantly less impact on my blood sugar than the jasmine variety I grew up eating. It's flavorful and has a wonderful chew -- and it cooks up just fine in a rice cooker (we use 1.5 cups of liquid per cup of rice). The 6-pack boxes we order two sets at a time keep us stocked for a few weeks. We do find, however, that the rice doesn't smell very good after only a little while in the storage bin. Doesn't change the flavor or its smell once you've cooked it, but I'd recommend washing out your storage container between refills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, March 21, 2010
I love adding this rice as a side dish or using in stir fry. It has a great variety of rices and flavors. I would recommend using a little more water or broth when you make it, as I've ended up with slightly crunchy rice at first, but this minor adjustment did the trick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Add us to the Lundberg fan club!, January 23, 2012
First off, we all love rice at our house. I also love wild rice and rice pilaf,
although the others are not all that big on those dishes.

So, when I read the descriptions on this, I thought it sounded really tasty, but
had some real hesitations about buying six packs of the rice. I wondered how we'd actually
manage to use six bags before it went bad.

Well, the bags are not all that huge. Each bag is one pound of rice. I guess I had a hard
time visualizing it, but the bags are fairly small. I don't have one in front of me, but they
are maybe 6" square.

Anyway, we made the first bag this weekend, putting it in a crock pot and letting it cook
on low for 2 or 3 hours. Hubby is the chef in our house, and he used beef broth with the rice.
We had it with some sausage for dinner. Let me say - WOW!
This is really tasty rice! Between the four of us, we managed to wipe out the entire pound
of rice (yes, it was that good!), and were figuring out what the next meal with the rice would be!

Watch your prices on this - they vary widely, even across Amazon. But, as long as it stays in the price
range on this listing, then we'll be buying it again. Seriously, this stuff tastes great! It was
tasty, filling and actually easier to chew than I thought it might be (I have troubles with crunchy foods).

Thank you Lundberg for a really great blend of rice. You've converted us!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good rice cooks in my rice cooker, July 15, 2011
ponb (San Diego) - See all my reviews
One bag makes alot and one small bowl fills you up, but I still haven't given up my love for Jasmine rice. I eat it now and then, but depends what I'm having for dinner. I like to add spoonful of butter when its hot.

It does cook like it should in a rice cooker, but I wouldn't leave on WARM it will start to get sticky even when its a nonstick rice cooker.

I'll make half a bag and store in snack size ziploc bags when cool and store in refridgerator. Then when I want to eat it I'll heat one up in microwave. Good size portion of rice.