Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on February 8, 2012
The book Lust, edited by Violet Blue, covers a wide variety of fantasy stories. This erotic book of only 180 pages went from 0 to extremely sexy in no time and really pushed my buttons. I didn't relate to every story but I enjoyed a peek at someone else's lust. I loved the variety of types of lust found within it's pages.

This book is a compilation of 17 erotic authors. It is edited by Violet Blue and published by Cleis Press. Violet Blue writes the Introduction and temps us with her words. " When lust overcomes you, you barely know who you are or what you are doing. Each of the women in the following selections knows that feeling, and the skilled authors represented here -both new and well known-faithfully capture that feeling in each woman's passage from ordinary to extraordinary sexual hunger."

Ripe Fruit was a steamy story about a woman working a fruit stand in the heat of summer. It is all flies and scorching heat until the star of a film being shot locally comes calling. This sex gets sticky when he finds creative ways to use the fruit.

The Importance of Good Networking tells us the tale of an office girl who lusts after the new computer guy her company hires. Things get really interesting when she puts him to work on her in a cubicle. This story brings up the importance of going after what you want even if he is not what everyone else finds attractive.

Moving was a very interesting story of a woman who finally reaches retirement and is taking her daily walk/run when she discovers her lust is on her route. This story was set at such a relaxing pace, I was almost envious of the smooth transitions in the relationship. This story includes some older players but it just goes to show that lust never dies, it only waits for the opportunity to present itself again.

One of my favorites, I have a few actually, was Love Triangle. The story of a woman lusting for a man who is lusting for her and carrying on a relationship with another man. I don't think this is so much an acquired taste in lust as it is every woman's secret fantasy...to see two guys together. It ends up bieing the perfect love triangle as all the players in this story get what they really desire.

The intro from the editor and the subtitle led me to believe that this book would feature women's fantasies. There is one story that featured a man's fantasy, I don't know how that slipped anyone's attention. Tied to the Kitchen Sink was about a guy who came home to find a woman tied to his sink. This woman was a gift from a good friend. It is a well written story but I think being that it was written about his lust, it was in the wrong book.

That may be my only "complaint" about this book. Sometimes I wish there were more sex details, but I must remember that not every woman appreciates good smut like I do. This book included some very good reads. It included bi-sexual, gay and hetero-sexual fantasies for women (and one man). I enjoyed this book immensely, and I would recommend it.
on September 10, 2013
These are all polished, well-written stories that seem to be exercising some restraint. Engaging all the same, but I was looking for something a little smuttier, a little less polite, if you will.
on October 13, 2013
I loved this book! The writer(s) made me feel like i was watching the whole thing happen before my eyes, and at times like i was the main character! if you like racy stories this is definitely for you!!
on February 15, 2011
Very cheesy! I belive you can write erotic without being vulgar, not the case of this book. Just plain boring.
on December 10, 2009
When you have 12 5-star reviews, you think "wow, this must really be good". However, I was quite disappointed in it. The writing was poor and it was basically just Penthouse letters supposedly aimed at women. However, for the most part, I didn't find the stories appealing nor the descriptions of the encounters. Many were unconventional as in a woman, her long-time partner, and a man which I didn't find appealing.

I guess I like my "escapes" to be a bit more traditional and obviously, I'm in the minority here. I guess if you like a wide variety of scenarios, you will get it with this anthology. However, if you are not into "way-out" scenarios, I suspect you will be put off by the stories in this book.

As far as the writing goes -- it all just seemed to be very amateurish -- almost like a poorly edited collection of stories written for a creative writing class. I'm just very surprised that this book (in my humble opinion) was just not that good given the glowing praise of all the other reviews. I'm glad there are so many folks who enjoyed this book... I'm just not one of them.
66 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 22, 2015
Some of these short stories are a little too short. I would have liked to follow the characters just a bit further.
on April 24, 2015
Read it with someone you know in mind. Better yet, read it TO someone you know! I'll bet you won't get very far...
on November 8, 2014
Blue is just not for me. Her fantasies are kind of boring.
on May 30, 2015
Too much of a good thing!
on May 30, 2015