Have one to sell?
Lute Book of Perrine Import
See all formats and editions Hide other formats and editions
2006 issued recording of this 17th Century masterpiece, originally published in Paris in 1680. It comprises some of the most beautiful pieces of Ennemond Gaultier, lute professor to the Queen of France. The pieces were exclusively written for baroque lute and unlike most other lute pieces, they were transcribed by Perrine, a contemporary of the authors from the traditional tablatura writing style to a more precise, more modern technique. It gives indications about left- and right-hand positions; about ornementation and arpegements.This has made the Book a fabulous interpretation tool for other pieces; a sort of Rosetta Stone for the lute world. Pernot worked on this recording for over a decade, ultimately travelling to a chapel in Switzerland to achieve a unique recording.
1. L'Immortelle (Courante) Du Vieux Gaultier
2. Allemande Ou Tombeau De Mezangeau Du V. Gaultier
3. Allemande Ou Testament Du Vieux Gaultier
4. Courante Du Vieux Gaultier
5. Courante Du Vieux Gaultier
6. Canaris Du Vieux Gaultier
7. Allemande (La Poste) Du Vieux Gaultier
8. Gigue (La Poste) Du Vieux Gaultier
9. Gigue (La Poste) Du Vieux Gaultier
10. Courante Du Vieux Gaultier
11. Courante Du Vieux Gaultier
12. Gigue (Le Carillon) Du Vieux Gaultier
13. Fantaisies Du Jeune Gaultier
14. Gigue Du Jeune Gaultier
15. Courante Du Jeune Gaultier
16. Courante (La Royale) Du Jeune Gaultier
17. Courante Du Jeune Gaultier
18. Sarabande Du Jeune Gaultier
19. Courante (La Lyonnaise) Du Jeune Gaultier
20. Le Canon Du Jeune Gaultier
21. Allemande Grave Du Jeune Gaultier Ou Son Tombeau
22. Courante Du Vieux Gaultier Ou Les Larmes
23. Courante Du Vieux Gaultier
24. Pavane Du Jeune Gaultier
25. Courante Du Jeune Gaultier (Avec Son Double)
26. Allemande Ou tombeau De Lenclos Du Jeune Gaultier
27. Sarabande Du jeune Gaultier
28. Courante Ou La Belle Tenebreuse Du Jeune Gaultier
29. Sarabande Du Jeune Gaultier
30. Courante (La Petite Bergere) Du Vieux Gaultier
31. Sarabande Du Vieux Gaultier
32. Piece Du Vieux Gaultier
Top Customer Reviews
By myrmex on December 30, 2011
Verified Purchase1 Comment Sending feedback...
Pernot really knows his onions when it comes to the baroque repertoire. I understand that he took ten years preparing this recording. This recital shows off his brilliant technique and lucid interpretation of the greatest of the masters, E. Gaultier. The only fault one could find with this recording is the unflattering sound of his instrument. Perhaps its the gut strings he favors; there are many muddy and slightly sour sounds throughout. Perhaps if one had never heard the simply stunning recording by Hopkinson Smith 'The Old Gaultier',this recording would suffice. But in the end, one must say that this fine effort falls short of the earlier recording by Smith both in sound and that indefinable extra rhythmic nuance which makes this music really hallucinogenic in its beauty. I would definitely try another recording by this artist though and recommend this cd to those who want to hear the most lovely music at a very high level of competence.
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
There are no discussions about this product yet.
Be the first to discuss this product with the community.