Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 20, 2013
I bought this mainly for the tracks "so amazing" and "till you come back to me". I haven't been disappointed. Some of the tracks are extended versions of the original songs. Luther's voice and lyrics are soothing to my soul. Would recommend this album to any Luther fan.
on March 3, 2014
I bought this cassette a few years back and enjoyed it thoroughly. I wanted the cd version to add to my cd collection. Of course all the songs are his greatest hits, and all bring back the greatest memories.
on December 5, 2014
One of the best entertainers of our generation. Gone to quickly from our hearts, his music will live on for many years. He was one-of-a-kind. Every song he ever recorded held special meaning for someone, especially if they were in love.
Luther Vandross is one of the few soul singers that really knows how to wow the ladies. His 1999 Greatest Hits Album, displays his natural talent with every way his music goes.
Although it remains as a combination of his previous greatest hits albums, Best Of Volumes 1 & 2, the album still proves that he can pack a punch. The songs that are highlighted range from standards like Power Of Love / Love Power & Here And Now, to his dynamic duets with Dionne Warwick (How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye) and Gregory Hines (There's Nothing Better Than Love).
While many radio stations still prefer Teen Idols and Rap music, it is nice to hear a seductive escape from the Top 40 mayhem. With that thought in mind, Luther Vandross remains as one of those few artists worth escaping to.
on February 27, 2016
What can I say here that out shines the 4 earlier versions I've read. Luther can move your very Soul with his magical voice. No one can match his vocals. When he sang the song of a young man sneaking out, against his mothers' orders, to go to that awe inspiring once in a lifetime party, I was so with him. How many times did we all sneak out to something our parents forbade us to go to. Even thought we knew the consequences would be dire upon our return home. But at that moment of sneaking out felt the consequences would be worth it. Just to Be at the party. The memory of those moment are so clearly defined in his song. That's why I say Luther could move your very Soul with his music. And All his songs could do that for me.
on October 27, 2011
Luther has such an amazing, smooth, voice. This is a wonderful collection of his music. I
would only have one fault, and that is, it doesn't include "to dance with my father". Otherwise, it is a beautiful, fun, easy on the ears collection of his music.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2005
Before the passing of Luther Vandross. I had already had a collection of Luther's CD's, although the reason for purchasing this Cd was because of one song that was not in my collection and that was: Don't want to be a fool. Although he is gone from our presence but not oour thoughts and he will be sorely missed. His songs still touches and miniisters love and will forever help me to get through whatever I am going through at that present time. Whether it'S getting over a love or inviting in a new love. Luther is the one to listen to when you are in the game called LOVE!.
on March 3, 2011
Luther Vandross has perhaps the most beautiful and soulful voice that a man could have and he is truly missed. My second child was conceived to Luther's So Amazing and the album has most of what I consider his greatest hits, but there are more of his songs that I love that are not on there. Great buy !
on June 17, 2013
As a single male in his 40's with an ole skool 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Bougham complemented with an cassette player that's operational has complimented my social life, who needs the radio when I got Luther rolling with me thanks.
on February 9, 2013
Luther Vandross is my favorite male singer of all times and now I have all of my favorite songs in one place. I listen to this CD over and over again and have downloaded it to the hard drive in my car.

I never get enough of Luther!