Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lutron CW-2-WH 2-Gang Claro Wall Plate, White
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: White|Change

on March 7, 2012
I recommend these Lutron Claro wallplates for use anywhere you have a Decora-style device (switch or receptacle) and want a screwless appearance. This includes Lutron switches and dimmers, as well as other brands (Leviton, for example).

The finished appearance, with no screws visible, is elegant: clean and neat.

I have used Lutron Claro wallplates, as well as Leviton Decora Plus screwless wallplates, and I prefer the Lutron because they are easier to install. The final appearance is similar, and they both have a two piece design with a base plate that is screwed to the switch, and a finishing plate that snaps in to the base plate. However, mounting the base plate of the Leviton Decora Plus wallplate is more difficult because the base plate is held by the screws that mount the switch in the electrical box, while the Lutron Claro base plate is attached to the device using the screw holes that are used to mount a conventional wallplate.

After a recent kitchen remodel, I decided to replace the standard wallplates on the countertop backsplash with screwless ones. Since the switches and receptacles were all Leviton, I bought Leviton Decora Plus wallplates to ensure they would match. It took much longer to install the Decora Plus wallplates, because I had to loosen the mounting screws for the devices and then line everything up, than it has taken me to install Claro wallplates.
on October 15, 2014
AWESOME FACE PLATE FOR MY DUAL WEMO INSTALL. This is worth every penny and more they have such a great clean product I am shocked they do not charge more. I would have easily paid 10$ for this. This looks so clean fresh love it and the fact it fits my WeMo application perfectly is a major major plus !!!!!!!
review image
on January 15, 2012
OK, I'm no electrician but Lutron switches and wall plates are the best thing going! At least that is my assessment from an albeit DIY, amateur perspective. Last year we purchased a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath condo that was built in 1975. Absolutley love the place but we have a perpetual stream of DYI projects. Replacing switches and wall plates as we go from project to project has become standard procedure. Were primarily using "Leviton" switches and oulets with whatever wall plates . . . some with screws showing, some without. When we wanted dimmer switches on two of the bathrooms, "Lutron" seemed to be the only one with CFL/LED dimmers. Thus I became familiar with Lutron.

Now replacing switches, outlets and wall plates may not seem like rocket science, especially once the wiring is done but then you're left with the task of trying to make everything square and flush. This is especially true with "decora" style switches and even more so with "2-gang" set-ups. Sure electricians do this so often it's nothing to them but I've struggled in this area. That's what makes this Lutron system so awesome! Once you install the "adapter plate" over the switch(es) you can then make adjustments on everything, the plate and the switches behind because there are punch-outs that allow you to access those screws as well. Once you have it all perfect, you just snap the "face-plate" to the "adapter plate". Again this may not seem like a big deal to some but with other solutions if it didn't look right you have to remove wall plate to make adjustments.

Two more notes:

The face-plate is actually easy to remove if needed. Just use finger tips from the bottom (or top) and pull out. I'm sure long fingernails would hinder this step but aside from that it pops out easily.

With all due respect to the other review, other brands of wall plates will work with Lutron switches and outlets. All screw holes are in the standard positions. However, why would you use anything but Lutron with Lutron since it all works so flawlessly? Additionally your white switch will match your white wall plate. In mixing brands there is a slight difference between the white shade or sheen. Extremely subtle in most cases and who really cares . . . Right? Probably only you when you step back to admire your handy work.

Oh yeah, the Lutron wall plate has slightly larger dimensions than standard so it covers better too.

All of my previous switch/outlet wall plate upgrades work fine and look decent enough but from here on out it's Lutron for me.
on September 6, 2015
I love these things! It should be noted I have tried Leviton's version as well and they do not offer the quality and look these, the Lutron's do.

Yes, you are going to spend much more with these than a traditional .20 cent outlet cover but.... why not? They look so cool and really give a nice finished look to your walls especially on a tiled kitchen back splash. Why not spend the little extra and finish of a tiled back splash or a nicely painted wall.... you spend the money on nice tile or similar and a high quality paint then slap a crappy outlet cover up with stripped screws? To me just doesn't seem right, but thats just my opinion. The high gloss to them make a super slick and easy to clean surface. I'm sold!
review image
on December 20, 2012
I have put quite a few of these around the house. They have a very clean, modern look, glossy, angular, no screws showing. When you need to separate the faceplate from the backplate, you really feel like it will break. The clips are pretty strong, and the cover bends quite a bit before releasing. However, I have never broken one. I'm pretty careful because these are quite expensive, but luckily I have yet to damage one. You can, however, put a gouge in it if you use a small, flatblade screwdriver to try to pry it off. So I would recommend extreme care before prying.
One very nice feature about this plate is that you still have access to the screws that hold down the switch or outlet AFTER you install the backplate. This allows you to fine-adjust the outlet hold-down screws while adjusting the screws that attach the backplate to the outlet. So, rather than having to remove the coverplate every time you want to put a turn or two on/off each outlet, you can adjust all and then just snap on the faceplate. As anyone knows who has tried to align a 2/3/4 outlet cover, this can be a big frustration with the typical faceplates.
on July 18, 2014
This wall plate,although it's similar looking to Leviton, is by far easier to install. The most difficult part is prying the 2 pieces (screw-in plate and facing) without damaging them. I find using your fingers and just work your way around slowly (never apply brute force to get these apart) just pull slightly and work your way around until you get a corner that separates easy and then just a slight tug all the way around should get job done. I would not use any tools to pry these apart as they can ding or damage the material. After you accomplish this you basically take old face plate off (so easy, I got my 10 year old to install these for me) install the back plate where old plate used to be via same screw holes then the new face plate "clicks" on to the back plate, easy-peasy.
If you are wondering about getting the Leviton brand (because it's cheaper) I would only recommend it if you don't mind sweating a bit as you have to actually unscrew the actual switch housing off as that is the way it attaches on to the switch. Much more cumbersome.
Now for price, I found 6-packs of the single gang in my local Home Depot that came to about $19.99 which is cheaper than if you were to buy it in single packs. I haven't been able to find multipacks for 2 or more gang anywhere locally. So far Amazon has the best pricing for 2 gang or more, some practically half the price. Watch out as the prices can really go from reasonable to ridiculous.
Costs can easily rack up pretty quickly if you plan to replace every receptacle in your home so pick and choose the most visible places you want these to show off to your guests.
on October 22, 2015
When I purchased this switch plate cover online from Amazon, I didn't realized quite what I was ordering. I assumed I was getting a standard two-outlet cover plate. Once it arrived and I examined it, I found a that I had ordered something just a bit different. This cover does not have any exposed screws. On a normal switch plate cover of this size, you would find four screws. This cover has four screws, but they are covered so that they not visible. This is accomplished by a snap-on outer cover. So the first part of the cover screws down as a normal cover plate would, but then you snap the outer cover on over that. It is a nice idea. The only possible con for this that I see is that the cover is just a bit thicker (or deeper) than a normal cover, as you might expect since it is actually two pieces. For most installations this should not be a problem, but it is something to keep in mind depending on your application.
on October 24, 2013
Love this wall plate. It makes the light switches have a sleeker look. The wall plate comes in two pieces; the first you screw in like normal, and then the top part snaps over it, concealing the screws. It is as simple to install as a regular wall plate, but looks 10 times nicer.
on November 27, 2015
Fast and easy to put on, and definitely an aesthetic upgrade over the regular 2-screw per gang covers. I used these covers with regular decora switches and outlets, not Lutron Claro ones. This wasn't something I was worried about, but I figured I should mention it, in case anyone else was unsure of interoperability. This product consists of a base plate which screws to the existing switch/outlet fixture, and another that snaps on top. Unlike some competing products, there is no indention to pop off the top plate. It's not really necessary, though, as the profile of the two plates combined is a bit chunky (3/16", maybe). It's not really that big a deal, but if you're used to the tapered, radiused look of "regular" plates, it can seem a bit bulky. One additional note: since this is a multi-gang plate, it's good to make sure that the switches are flush with the plate across their faces (from left to right)... it's the type of thing that's less visually noticeable with "regular" plates, but it definitely shows up with these.
on February 1, 2016
From a design perspective, they look great once they're installed. But installation is a bear. The plate seems to bow out in the center between the two switches, and out of 3 plate installs thus far every single one of them won't sit flush to the wall. One of the plates sticks out so far you can see the inside of the gang box. I confirmed it's not the switches that are causing the plate to stick out, it's just the way these plates mount and bow out. They do their job, but in retrospect I would have gone with a different brand switch cover.