5.0 out of 5 stars Best Dimmer available, January 4, 2013
Fastputt (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lutron MRF2-6ND-120-WH Maestro Wireless Magnetic Low Voltage Dimmer, White (Tools & Home Improvement)
I did a lot of research, trying to find the best dimmer to control two newly installed Cree LR6-10L LED dimmable lights. The end result was perfect. This control is located in a hallway adjacent to the room where the lights are the little green lamp built into this dimmer makes it easy to see in the dark and just one touch turns on the lights to same brightness I last set them to. I can likewise adjust the brightness from this control by tapping the little contact on the right side of the rocker. Installation went well, but you do have to connect the switch to both the neutral and ground wires in addition to the red and black wires. The directions take a little reading, but all the information is there, simply follow the steps. The Maestro Wireless features also work great using the Lutron MRF2-3BRLH-L-WG pico controller. I plan to add more of the dimmers as time permits. Amazon.com had the best price and the delivery was very fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally! The search is over!, December 6, 2014
My new bathroom has a modern design. So when time came for selecting the light and fan switches, the Lutron stood out, in particular the Maestro line. Well, these things are fantastic looking. So, I got a Lutron MA-S8AM-WH for the main light, a Lutron MS-OPS6M-DV-WH for the fan, and a Lutron MALV-600-WH for my LED strip (I got a LEDwholesalers Flexible LED Light Strip 16.4ft connected with a magnetic power supply (Ledwholesalers Dimmable 12 Volt DC Magnetic Transformer Power Supply). Most of the switches I got on the bay marketplace new for less than half the price here.

Well, that dimmer never worked. So I thought I got a lemon and ordered one from Amazon. Again, same issue - the lights would flicker once and that's it. I thought that power supply will never work with digital magnetic low voltage dimmers (the recommended switch for that power supply is the one from the Diva line, but I wanted one to match my Maestro switches). So when I was just about to give up I ordered this dimmer (the MRF2-6ND-120-WH) and thought I give it a try.

Well, it worked great! This is indeed a nice switch. Easy to install (be aware that it needs a neutral), and easy to use - fading out and in are nice features.I know it has RF capabilities, but personally I do not use it, hence never tried it.

So why 4 stars - this thing is freaking expensive! I couldn't find it anywhere else, so I got it here for full price. You gotta get a second mortgage to pay for these switches! Nonetheless, it looks good and functions very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was exactly what I wanted., June 28, 2014
I'm using it to control dimmable LED lights in my living room. Installation was fairly easy, and the wireless remote (sold separately) very convenient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., September 28, 2014
Works perfectly for my low voltage LED tape lights.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, August 20, 2013
The Lutron products have a rarely and uncomparable quality.
Very good design and finish, much colors and designs.
All Lutron products are high tech and very beautiful.
Very Recomended.