Published on October 31, 2011 by xiache

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great for a while, but then starts crackling
Published on November 26, 2012 by E. Sikorski

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb dimmer that works for CREE LED lights that is affordible, October 31, 2011
I looked up and down to find a compatible dimmer for my CREE LED light bulbs. I read some bad stories that worried me. It seemed like finding a compatible dimmer for a LED bulb is not trivial. I finally was able to get a hold of a CREE certified dimmer list, and this one (Lutron Skylark S600P) was one of them, with the lowest price tag. After ordering it and testing it, I am convinced that I made a good selection. Can't be happier.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works great for a while, but then starts crackling, November 26, 2012
E. Sikorski (South Jersey, NJ) - See all my reviews
I installed about six of these in my house. After about four years of use, three have had to be replaced. The dimmer slider still works fine. What dies is the on/off switch. On each one I have replaced, the on/off switch started crackling when pressing the switch. This is not a very reassuring or safe feeling when using the light switch. The switch still works, but I didn't want to tempt fate and risk anything bad happening. I have since switched to using different styles of dimmers - or ones with only sliders and no switch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Working well so far, August 19, 2013
This review is from: Lutron S-600P-AL 600-Watt Skylark Single Pole Dimmer, Almond (Tools & Home Improvement)
This switch was installed a couple of weeks ago and so far it is working very well. Convenient to use, and it looks good, too. Customers should be aware, however, that the wall plate shown in the illustration is not included with the switch. You have to buy the wall plate separately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product poor summary and directions, June 12, 2013
Worked great once installed but had difficult time determining if it was the right product. Ended up going to Home Depot and Lowes and my electrician to determine if I made the right purchase. The manufacturer needs to improve the summary to show the compatibility with the way the house is wired. Was able to instal quickly once I made sure it was right. Programming was easy and directions can also be found on line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to add ambiance to any room with easy installation, April 22, 2013
These work so well I have installed 7 of them in my condo.

First, installation is easy. It look about ten minutes max per switch. If you're replacing more than one switch in the same box I highly recommend doing them one at a time or labeling your wires so you don't get them crossed. The switch also fits perfectly with a lot of standard light switch covers. You'll also want to make sure you only buy this if you have single-pole lights. If you have lights that are controlled by more than one switch you will want to make sure you get a 3-way model instead.

Performance wise, these are also great. I love that the dimmer slides to allow me to control the precise amount of light in the room. It gives you a nice range of choices which I appreciate because I tend to have different preferences depending on the activity.

I've also found them to be durable. I haven't had any issues with the dimmer switch breaking off or plastic cracking.

Overall this is an easy to install product that's given me more control over how much light I have in a given room. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good dimmer, if a little counterintuitive, January 28, 2014
There's nothing wrong with this dimmer. It dims the lights, the action on the switch is nice. It doesn't feel cheap. If you know how to do basic wiring then it's easy to install.

I have two minor qualms:

#1 - The first light bulbs I used made irritating buzzing/squealing noises, especially at low levels. From what I've read, this is a common problem with most (if-not-all) dimmers, so I can't really hold that against this one. I solved this by using Phillips Eco-Vantage bulbs which, I guess, have a sturdier filament. If you want to use "decorative" globe-type bulbs, or cheap incandescents, the whining may be a problem.

#2 - The overall design is a little counterintuitive to me, and that's why I'm giving it four stars. When I enter the room, my impulse is to flip the big switch up, but with this dimmer, the on/off switch is the little one at the bottom. It's a little harder to find by touch. The big switch is the dimmer control, but it won't actually turn the lights on and off. If you move the big switch all the way to the bottom, the lights will still be on, just at their lowest level. I would like this dimmer better if turning the big switch all the way down also turned the lights completely off, then I could use the big switch as the main control, and only use the little one occasionally when I wanted to maintain a particular brightness level. This is admittedly a minor gripe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice dimmer, March 9, 2014
I used this in conjunction with a track lighting system in my arcade. I have 6, 50watt halogen lights and it work great controlling them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than those cheap crappy rotaries., September 25, 2014
Josh (Central Texas) - See all my reviews
I bought a pair of these to replace two super-crappy rotary dimmers that came standard with our new house. So glad I did. Before, all of my lights (controlled by the dimmer) would flicker when I would turn them down low. They couldn't seem to hold a consistent voltage level. Sometimes the lights would pop brighter all of a sudden. Then start flickering between bright and off!

All of these problems are gone with these new Lutrons. Installation was a breeze and I was also pleasantly surprised by their "resolution." And, of course, the best part is that the on/off switch is separate. So once you find levels that you like, you don't have to re-adjust them all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with LED light, January 24, 2014
This dimmer switch goes perfectly with the Philips 424382 11-watt A19 LED Dimmable Light Bulb. No flickering or buzzing and dims down quite low.

It was easy to install. It comes with mounting screws and wire nuts. The rear of the unit is pretty large compared to a standard light switch, so you may want to make sure there is enough room behind the switch ahead of time. It took some careful wire placement to get mine in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great with the right light bulb, October 14, 2013
I use the switch with the Philips 72-Watt A19 EcoVantage Light Bulb, Natural Light and it works great. Highly recommend.