3,503 Reviews
 (2,232)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, does the job perfectly!
Published on May 17, 2011 by MeliBee

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in price hike!
I am very disappointed in the price hike on the luvs diapers. They are identical to the diapers they had before, other than 18 more in the package. I can understand an increase in price since there are more diapers in the package, but its a big increase. Here are some round about figures to get an idea: These numbers are based on the size 5 pack.

The old...
Published on May 24, 2011 by MsCG

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, does the job perfectly!, May 17, 2011
Luvs are the cheapest diapers I have found thus far, and I have researched prices quite a bit. It is very important to me to save as much money as I can on diapers because they are a constant expense. We thought we were getting the cheapest diapers by purchasing the store brand (Kirkland Signature Supreme Baby Diapers (Size 3, Quantity 208)) at Costco. However, Amazon beats all store brands in price as long as you take advantage of Subscribe & Save. (We still use the Costco brand wipes, which are fantastic and economical: Kirkland Premium Baby Wipes - 900 Count)

Not only are Luvs the least expensive diapers I have come across, they are great quality. The thing I like about them the most is that they are very thin, especially when compared to the Kirkland diapers. They allow my baby to move freely and he does not feel so bulky. The stretchy sides are also well-constructed; they provide enough give while still having a snug fit. We have never had a leak in Luvs diapers, and we have gone through two 200+ boxes of them by now. My baby sleeps 12+ hours overnight and we have never had an accident.

One feature of Luvs worth noting; they have a powder-like scent. When I first got them I was hesitant about the smell, but I quickly got used to it. The scent is strongest when you first open the plastic package of diapers. It will dissipate a bit if you remove them from the plastic packaging and let them air out in a diaper stacker or in your changing table.

Luvs are fantastic because you can get an inexpensive diaper without sacrificing quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good, if not better than premium diapers!, April 10, 2008
Ashlee (Manteca, CA) - See all my reviews
I have tried pretty much every diaper under the sun, to include; Pamper's baby dry, swaddlers & cruisers, Huggies snug n dry & supreme, Target brand, and white cloud. I have found that Luvs are my favorite. I really liked the cruisers, but for some reason they gave my son a rash. Luvs were the last type of diaper I tried and I'm so sorry it took me so long to give them a shot! They're similar to Pamper's cruisers onl without the mesh lining and high price tag! This is why I LUV 'em:
1. They're thin, yet very absorbant.
2. They're really soft and have a powdery fresh scent.
3. The elastic keeps messes in, but doesn't irritate baby's legs.
4. The "bear hug stretch" is super stretchy-similar to Cruiser's.
5. Most of all, I love that they cost about 20 cents a diaper compared to the 25 cents that Pamper's cruiser's cost per diaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best diapers for the price, November 18, 2010
I have tried so many different diapers, trying to find the perfect combination of quality and price. We're going to be having our third baby, so cost is an issue! And I just don't have the time or commitment for cloth (sorry mother nature!!). When I came across these I just had to try them out. With the Amazon Mom program I get free 2-day shipping. And when I signed up for the auto-delivery service I get 30% off the price! Breaks down to about 16.5 cents per diaper. That's cheaper than Target brand! So here's my summary of diapers and why I'm sticking with these Luvs (price per diaper varies with size and retailer, but these are estimates):

Pampers: Awesome. Best quality for sure. But WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. About 25 cents per diaper. I have used these for my two newborns because you can't beat the Swaddlers. They are the smallest and best fitting for newborns. And I'll use them again. It's only for a few weeks anyway. But once I hit size 1 I have to switch brands.

Huggies: OK. Leak sometimes. UGLY design. Kinda stiff. Not cheap enough in price to make the poorer quality worth it. Even the huge Costco box cost more per diaper than Target brand. About 22 cents per diaper from Costco.

Target: Very good. Kinda stiff, but softer than Huggies. Almost never leak. Not as great as Pampers, but much much cheaper and good enough quality. The white trim at the edges is big and hangs out under a onesie - not cute. My brand of choice until I discovered Luvs online. Roughly 19 cents per diaper after tax.

Walmart: (White Cloud) Horrible quality, leaky constantly, stiff, ugly. Just plain awful and more expensive than Target's at 20 cents per diaper. UPDATE: These have apparently been discontinued as of March 2009. And Parent's Choice is the Walmart brand now. Parent's Choice is made by the same company, but even the manufacturer admits they're of lower quality, per an article on Cafe Mom.

Luvs: Always curious to try, but Target brand was working for me and Luvs were a little more expensive. After trying so many brands, I was done experimenting. Then I discovered the Amazon Mom program which actually made them cheaper. Plus, they're shipped directly to me, which is very convenient. Since they have a money-back guarantee I gave them a shot. YAY! They're very soft, similar to Pampers. Much trimmer, so you don't have so much hanging out under the onsie as with Target brand. I'm not a huge fan of the Blue's Clues design, but it's cute and unisex and hidden by clothes most of the time anyway. They rarely leak. I currently use Pampers Overnights at night for my second baby, but he pees an outrageous amount. I used Target brand at night for my first baby with few problems. So I'm sure Luvs are fine for most babies at night time. They are more absorbent than Target, and I would say as absorbent as Pampers. Really, they're almost identical to Pampers for almost two-thirds the price.

Bottom line is these are a great buy and I highly recommend them! But as different diapers work for different sized kids, I should say that though I had one thin baby and one chubby baby, both my kids are rather narrow at the waist with little butts. So if you have a Michelin baby or one with a very wide waist, I can't say they'll work as well for you. Seems like some people have an issue with these diapers for their wider babies.

UPDATE: Amazon Mom no longer does free 2-day shipping. It's standard now and takes about a week. Still get 30% off though if you sign up for the auto delivery. I set my auto-delivery to 6 months and just have them shipped as needed, or cancel when my kids grow to the next size. Be sure to order with plenty of time for delivery though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in price hike!, May 24, 2011

The old pricing was: $35.05 before S&S and after was $24.53 and you got free 2 day prime shipping for 150 count box
The new pricing is: $42.99 before S&S and after is $30.09 and free 3-5 day shipping for a 168 count box. (you can get free 2 day if you drop one of the 15% discounts)
To sum it all up, that is an increase of 23% before S&S and 20% increase after S&S for only an 8% increase in diapers received.

I can go to the store now and buy them on sale with coupons at about the same price, if not better. I stopped looking at diaper deals in store because the deal was so good on here, but with the new pricing on the same product, I will be looking at the store ads again. I think luvs is a great product, but disappointed in the price. And no more amazon diaper codes either. Hmmmmm....

1.0 out of 5 stars Used to be great, but now are Poor Quality!, June 14, 2009
I have used Luvs for 2 years with my sons. We used to "luv" them. Now about half of the tabs are breaking off while my kids are wearing them, causing wet clothes and a big mess! Plus, occasionally they are splitting open, spilling the absorbent gel crystals everywhere. The tab problem has happened with two separate sizes, so it's very disappointing! Both of my kids had wet beds this morning because of the tabs breaking!

1.0 out of 5 stars awful scent and caused a rash?, July 25, 2011
I have only ever used the size 4 Luvs, as we normally use 7th Generation. Times are tough and the kids are older, so we switched to something a little more economic, but now I am thinking I would rather go back to cloth (as I did when they were newborns) than keep using Luvs!

1) I HATE the smell of these diapers. It gives me a headache instantly (nevermind the issue about fragrances containing endocrine disrupters and other nasty things you do NOT want your baby exposed to).

2) 10mo DS has been using these for about 2 days (since we ran out of his Naty Babycare standard) and within that time has developed a really painful, awful rash around his bum and up in the folds of his thighs. He has never had diaper rash before and after reading around the web, I am inclined to believe it has to do with the stuff in the Luvs. (Note: there was one day last week where I used Luvs on him, and he had a rash that day, randomly. It went away the next day and I stopped thinking about it, but now I am sure it was the Luvs.)

3) Two year old DD has no issue with rashes using these, despite having very sensitive skin, though they do "fill up" easily and feel awfully damp when removed--I have to change her more often and I have noticed some overnight leaking with both my kids.

I don't like them, but I guess for the price maybe it's worth a try... but I WOULD start with a smaller box in case your child has rash issues with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luvs diapers are the best value!, March 21, 2008
I have 4 children and Luvs are the best value I have ever found in diapers. I was one of those moms who would only use Huggies with my first child. Huggies diapers and Huggies wipes. It got expensive. Trying Luvs was the smartest thing I ever did. I never have trouble with leaks and they are so much less expensive. I am still using them for my two youngest children and I never buy anything else.

2.0 out of 5 stars WENT FROM 204 IN A BOX TO 180 =VERY DISAPPOINTED, April 9, 2012
I am canceling my subscribe and save subscription for these diapers. You changed the volume of diapers in a box but not the price. Now that I can purchase the same box for the same price or cheaper (when I have a coupon) at my local store I no longer need to buy these online, or tell my friends about the great Amazon deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great diaper for a great price!, October 21, 2010
This review is from: Luvs With Ultra Leakguards Size 3 Diapers 204 Count (Health and Beauty)
I have tried Luvs,Pampers, Huggies, Target brand and Kirkland brand diapers. I loved the Pampers but found them to be costly, Target, Huggies, and Kirkland were all too bulky. Luvs is comparable to Pampers in feel, size and absorption, plus they are not bulky. If you are trying to decide what to use for your baby try Luvs, you won't be disappointed by the quality and the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Packaging with Same Quality Diapers, February 22, 2008
Ada Lau (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This is the new packaging with larger quantity. The pricing is a slightly cheaper than the prior 174 package. The diapers are pretty much the same. This item and the diapers are a great value for the price.

It works well with my baby. I use this during the day and Pampers Cruisers at night for the extra thickness.

Rate and Discover Movies