Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

86%
14%

on July 27, 2007
This album was my introduction to Galliano, and I was very pleasantly surprised. Not usually an accordian fan, Luz Negra turned out to be an intensely beautiful album. The album is well-paced, almost like a story, meandering through tracks of various tempos. From the calming Chat Pitre to the dance-ready Luz Negra, this album is great for old fans and new alike.
on September 27, 2008
I have been a Galliano fan for about 10 years now, and have seen him perform now several times. I must admit though that I was getting anxious when it seemed as though he had done everything possible within the confines of his "new musette" style. This album was the rebuttal I was waiting for ... poignant, gorgeous tunes, many of them having already appeared on his previous albums (with excellent touch ups here), and a heavy influence of Erik Satie, South American rhythms and melodies. His decision to use South American musicians pays off in a big way, though the album is still firmly rooted in jazz. As a final note, I think the recording of the album sounds great - there's a certain urgency to the tone of his accordion that I haven't been struck by with previous albums. This album is a "must".
on October 2, 2007
I read this review just to counterbalance the 1 star review above. Sorry, but you can't deny this beautiful opus only because it is not full of latin music. Who promised that? Galliano is a must on his rare jazz instrument and all he takes is plenty of very high quality sense.
on April 1, 2009
Richard Galliano without a doubt one of the most creative jazzmen on today's world scene. If you don't care for accordion do avoid, it will bum you out, but if you do find this new generation of accordionists getting down and funky, run do not walk to buy this album. Gotta' love this Parisian sound scape.
on September 10, 2008
Awesome accordianist--one of the best, with a terrific band to boot. Also, check out his album French Touch. I looked around a long time to find music with this vibe!
on August 3, 2007
When I ordered this particular cd I was expecting typical latin music that I love to listen. Unfortunately not even close perhaps 0ne or two [ieces were OK but the rest, I can't even stand it.
on February 15, 2015