5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary product!
Published on February 4, 2012 by Michael Connor

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for pancakes but not as good as the can.
The canned version is better (for everything) as it is thicker and tastier. The bottle version seems to be looser and not as flavorful. It is admittedly more convenient, but I don't think the convenience is worth the loss of flavor.
Published on July 21, 2010 by Willoughby

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary product!, February 4, 2012
This review is from: Lyle's Golden Syrup, Original, All-Natural Syrup for Baking and Cooking, 11-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I've been using this for pecan pie and other baked goods for about fifteen years, because I just can't tolerate the cloying, mouth-drying sweetness of corn syrup. It's been very hard to find in recent years, though, so I'm delighted to find it here. It has a really clean, subtly caramel flavor, and an incomparably rich texture. It substitutes for anything you would use genetically-engineered corn syrup for, and you'll be much happier with the results!

5.0 out of 5 stars much better than tins, November 2, 2007
mauserati (Oakland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I first discovered "golden syrup" in the beautiful green & gold tins. While not nearly as lovely on the shelf, the transparent plastic bottles are MUCH superior in measuring, pouring and storage. I found the tin imparted a nasty metallic taste to the syrup, if stored after opening. So, I started substituting dark corn syrup whenever possible :(
Squeezing the syrup into a measuring spoon or cup is easier, tidier and more accurate than pouring or dipping. No bitter off-taste and better unit price? GREAT! I'm stocking up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, poor packing, March 8, 2007
L Peet (Eugene, OR, USA) - See all my reviews
As a kid I grew up enjoying Lyle's Golden Syrup. Our family had it as a special treat and to help medicine go down! It has been difficult to find here in America, especially at a reasonable price, so I was very happy to find it at Amazon. I have ordered it twice now and will continue to order it in the future. I like the bottles it comes in, they are so much easier to use than the traditional tin cans. The only problem I have had is with our second order. The bottles were not packed very securely in the box and a couple of them burst open during shipping. When we opened the box there was syrup all over the interior, a gooey mess. When we informed Amazon of the problem they immediately sent a replacement order which arrived in a timely fashion. I was very pleased with their response although a little worried since the packing of the second box didn't look much more secure than the first. It did make if safely though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for pancakes but not as good as the can., July 21, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for homemade marshmallows, August 5, 2012
My son has a corn allergy and it is very hard to find "corn free" marshmallows for making smores. I found a recipe online that uses this golden syrup instead of corn syrup. The marshmallows created from this were FANTASTIC.
This is exactly what we hoped for. Since we bought the 6 pack now we are using it for other things as well. It's great on oatmeal for example.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice alternative to corn syrup, December 6, 2012
BLN (Klamath Falls, OR United States) - See all my reviews
Works perfectly in place of corn syrup for everything...my homemade marshmallows, caramels, brittles, etc have all acted the exact same as when I've used corn syrup, and this is a fraction of the price of organic corn syrup. I just wish there was an American made alternative!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer for Bakers & Moms for the allergic-to-corn set, October 20, 2012
My daughter is violently allergic to corn. So many recipes call for corn syrup, including dishes my daughter loves. So you can imagine how happy I was to discover that Lyle's works every bit as well as corn syrup in those beloved treats. If anything, we find the flavors and textures a bit rounder and more flavorful than the ones made with corn syrup. So, there you have it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best syrup!, February 2, 2011
Lyle's Golden Syrup tastes great on cornbread, pancakes, muffins, and waffles. Pecan pie tastes better with it. The price was better through Amazon than at the only grocery store in my area that carries it. My order arrived quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tasting Stuff, December 31, 2011
Ponch (Georgetown, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This made the best pecan pie ever. Not just sweet like corn syrup. Actually adds a great flavor to the pie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this syrup; good substitute for other syrups in recipes, November 3, 2010
I had this on pancakes and french toast as a kid. When we moved to the US, it wasn't available and my mom switched to maple syrup for pancakes and Karo (YUCK) for her pies. I saw this about a month ago in the health foods store and was really excited but it was $7 for a bottle! I looked on Amazon and thanks to Subscribe & Save got 6 bottles for about $19 and free shipping.

I am very pleased to have this available to me again. I have used some of it in my coffee, on the kid's pancakes, and substitute it measure for measure in recipes calling for corn syrup. (I'm not going to discuss whether corn syrup is good or bad; I personally do not like the taste.) The first bottle is almost gone and it's only been 2 weeks. I may have to change my Subscribe & Save frequency!