5.0 out of 5 stars Optimized Delivery of Vitamin C
Published on August 15, 2009 by Kit Minden

3.0 out of 5 stars Liposomal Vit. C
Published on April 17, 2012 by Nick

5.0 out of 5 stars Optimized Delivery of Vitamin C, August 15, 2009
This review is from: Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C - 30 Packets | 1,000 mg Vitamin C Per Packet | Liposome Encapsulated for Maximum Bioavailability | Professionally Formulated | 100% Non-GMO, Ultra-Potent Vitamin C | 1,000 mg Essential Phospholipids Per Packet (Health and Beauty)
My doctor suggested Livon's Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C and GSH. My understanding is that the water soluble vitamins are encapsulated in fat soluble phospholipids so the vitamins get delivered to the liver instead of being lost in digestion. What I do know is that I have a lot more energy when I take these. I mix them with some grape juice each morning about 15 minutes before eating breakfast. The first week, I had to nap in the afternoons - I was worn out from working harder each morning as I have a chronic illness, Lyme disease. I've been taking them for two weeks now, and find my energy level stays high for about 6 or 7 hours after taking these. They are not inexpensive, but considering that I am more able to work consistently with them, the investment is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars saved my dog's life, March 26, 2013
I doubt many people are buying this for their pets, but for anyone who is considering it, here is my story.

My 19-year-old toy poodle came down with pneumonia. I took her to a vet with an ICU on Friday asking if she could stay with them as an inpatient until Monday morning.

As of 8 PM Friday night, the vet thought my dog had at best a 50-50 chance of surviving until Monday morning, even with ICU care. Finally I made the decision to let her come home and die surrounded by family, in her own bed.

We also discussed renting an oxygen tent for the home or purchasing a portable oxygen provider for dogs, but the vet thought the dog would likely be dead before either of those arrived.

Dogs make their own vitamin C internally and normally do not need any supplementation, but in acute, emergency cases, some claim it can help if given in massive doses. Having nothing to lose, as she had a high likelihood of dying anyway, I gave her 1 packet of this every 2 hours. By the 5th packet she reached "bowel tolerance"-- meaning, she had reached saturation, causing diarrhea to begin. (She is 3.2 kg, which is 7 lbs.) By that time she was clearly and obviously breathing easier.

I then fell asleep and woke up 4 hours later (5 hours after she received the 5th packet). By that time, she had fallen back into labored breathing again.

Again, I gave her 1 packet every two hours until she had diarrhea again, and again her breathing improved. The improvement was marked and very obvious. We repeated this for two days.

By the end of the weekend, she was very obviously "out of the woods" and although she was still very, very sick, I could see she was going to survive.

Twelve days later, she is now walking around the yard and enjoying the spring.

The vet says it is a "miracle." The dog herself acts like nothing whatsoever has happened.

To be clear, she was also receiving subcutaneous fluids once a day (which I administered to her at home) to keep her from getting dehydrated, and I also used a vaporizer (Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler) on her, which she hated at first but became able to tolerate whenever the vitamin C kicked in and her breathing passages opened up a bit. Every time the vitamin C wore off, she had a hard time tolerating the vaporizer even for brief periods.

One lesson here is that you need to have it ON HAND for use in an emergency. In my case, if I had ordered it even with Prime and waited a day or two for it to arrive, it likely would have been too late. It expires 18 months after being manufactured, so keep that in mind as well.

As for its effects on humans, you can search for "vitamin C New Zealand" (or H1N1 or swine flu) on You Tube and watch a "60 Minutes" TV show episode talking about the use of massive doses of vitamin C. These packets can be seen there in the video.

Incidentally, a neighbor with chronic HCV (hepatitis C) knows my dog very well and basically watched this dog with one foot in the grave somehow come back to life. Amazed by this, she immediately purchased a box of this lypo C for herself. She has been combining these with regular vitamin C tablets because the lypoC itself is too expensive to rely on exclusively. 21 packets and 120 vitamin C tablets (60 grams) later (that is her self-reported total after 3 days, taking it to bowel tolerance), she says she suddenly has more energy than she has felt in years and was able to clean her house. Until this time, she was so sick that she was unable to get out of bed and had lost 30 lbs in a year from being unable to eat. She also says she no longer thinks the lypoC tastes funny, because now her body craves it. So that is a human endorsement I can add. [Edit to add: It is now 1 month later and this neighbor says that her hair used to fall out in clumps from her treatment, and that has now stopped.]

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product!, January 18, 2011
For more information on Lypo-C I recommend Dr Levy's book 'Curing the Incurable.'

In it Dr Levy explains that the best option for acute infections is a combination of liposomal vitamin C and vitamin C by IV and that given a choice of only one or the other, the better choice is liposomal vitamin C. The fourth best option is ascorbic acid taken orally and the fifth best option is sodium ascorbate taken orally.

I recommend this book, and saturation dose vitamin C by liposomal or IV delivery, or both, very highly.

The product is easy to take and while it isn't nice tasting it isn't too bad at all. The sachets are very convenient to use. These are MANY times more so than the huge hassle and cost of a vitamin C IV! Especially when you have crappy veins!

It seems to be really working for me. I have severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and am housebound and almost entirely bedbound. A bit less bedbound than I was though I'm happy to say.

If you don't have very positive results, you may need to take a much higher dose or continue the treatment longer (I take 4 packets daily and 24 g of ascorbic acid orally daily too, and am still not near my saturation point...just my budget point!) It's also best as part of an entire orthomolecular/nutritional program.

I'm excited to try the Lypo-Glutathione next.

(Patients with M.E. that would like more information are also directed to read the 'High-dose vitamin C and M.E. article on HFME.)

Jodi Bassett, The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, December 6, 2010
I was a little weird about it at first because it was not the conventional sour pill your take when your sick, but I was referred to it by a good friend so I gave it a shot. My husband and I both love it! We have been taking it for about 4 years (as needed) and we have not once gotten sick! We take it when we have been around sick people or when we feel run down or when we feel like we may be coming down with something. We put it with a little bit of water and take it like a shot of alcohol. The price does not bother me because if something works for our health its worth it. No doctor bills to worry about. I also give it to my 118 lb dog to help with her medical problems. I tell everyone I know to get this stuff and I share it with my friends when they are sick. We both feel better after taking it and we have not gotten sick so in my opinion it is worth it! The price is cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else and it is for a box and not just two packets. More information about this product on LIVONLABS.COM

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS!, October 19, 2012
I have been taking Lypo-Spheric Vit C for a few months. I had bronchitis last winter that lasted too long and then came down with Lyme disease this past summer. I felt my immune system was compromised. I did some research and found I might benefit from this product. It makes me feel better, more energy. The real test was a few wks ago we went to Italy and on the airplane coming home there were sick people coughing and sneezing all over. My husband came down with a severe cough and cold within days of returning and I never got it! I firmly believe this product works.

It is January 2013, two and half months have passed since I wrote the above paragraph. I still am healthy, haven't come down with the flu and still have no residual effects from contracting Lyme disease this past summer. I take 2 packets every day. It will be interesting to see whether I come down with the bad flu that is going around. I will post again in a few months.

It is March 4, 2013. I never did get the bad flu. I did feel like I might be coming down with it a couple of times and for one day felt tired and the possibility of a sore throat but the next day felt fine. I am definitely sold on this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars autistic son is thinking clearer, May 31, 2010
Curing the Incurable: Vitamin C, Infectious Diseases and Toxins (3rd EDITION)

I heard about the value of vitamin C in curing mercury poisoning from reading Dr. Thomas Levy's book, 'Curing the Incurable' that I linked to above. In the book it talks about mega-doses of vitamin C given intravenously. When I looked it up online I found this product that Dr. Levy says is even more effective than that given intravenously.

We bought some and started giving it to our autistic son. We have been thrilled with the results. He is stimming less and is obviously thinking clearer. The improvements are slow but steady. After 6 years of trying all kinds of things (and none of them working) we are beyond thrilled to have the hope that this product gives us. I can't imagine any reason we would ever stop using it with our son. I highly recommend it to anyone who is dealing with autism. There is everything to gain and nothing to lose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treating chronic illness, March 14, 2012
I'm recovering from adrenal fatigue/CFS caused by severe leaky gut and gut dysbiosis. As such, my immune system is busy nearly 24/7. I take several antioxidant supplements, including liposomal vitamin C. Previously, after researching Dr. Levy's work, I began taking large quantities of ascorbic acid powder. He claims this is useful in reducing free radicals and destruction of the mitochondria (oxidative stress). I was having results with that, but I never seemed to reach GI tolerance. So I knew I still wasn't getting enough vitamin C, despite taking the stuff all day long.

I then found this company's glutathione, started taking it, and was blown away. So I ordered this too. I take 1-2 packets a day. Dr. Levy believes that the liposomal form of vitamin C is equivalent to 8-10 times the same amount of ascorbic acid powder. I like that I get so much bang for my buck and that I don't have to drink tons and tons of vitamin C powder. Also, this product passively diffuses into cell membranes and delivers the vitamin C directly into cells, where it is needed. No ATP required. What a terrific idea!

I've since started making my own homemade liposomal vitamin C. It's about 70% as effective as this product, but it's much cheaper to produce. I do still keep a box around for when I need an extra boost. I squeeze the contents of the sachet into a glass of water with a sachet of Lypo SphericTM GSH and drink it that way. The taste isn't bad at all. This is really a terrific product, and the delivery system can't be beat. It's definitely aiding my recovery.

3.0 out of 5 stars Liposomal Vit. C, April 17, 2012
Liposomals are without a doubt the most efficient way to absorb and utilize nutrients. It puts a lipid barrier around the vitamin C, thus allowing it to bypass the digestive system and directly into the liver. Oral vitamin C has a very low absorbance rate which calls for much higher amounts. While I definitely tout the benefits of liposomals, I do not reccomend product. Liposomal vitamins have a very unstable shelf life when not refrigerated (2-3 days). I am assuming that this item is not kept cold in the warehouse, and especially not kept cold over the course of shipping. Not to mention this is not very cost effective. I have since started making my own liposomal Vitamin C and Glutathione via an ultrasonic jewlery cleaner and Non-GMO soy lecithin. You can find a very simple homemade liposomal recipe on google. If you have any further questions comment and I will reply.

Addition: I forgot to mention that this product made me break out terribly. Especially on the nose and forehead. I am not sure if it is due to the preserving agents or what, but I do not notice this when I make my own version. For those of you who say that it is a 'cleansing' reaction and that it is just purging impurities from the liver, I have to disagree. I have tried through trial and error many times and have gotten the same results every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver, March 28, 2011
I have been fighting breast cancer for 4+ years naturally. I also have Crohns and high doses of Vitamin C have not been possible. I was skeptical about this Lypo Speric C at first but my cancer coach told me it by-passes the stomach. I did try it and found it is possible to take 8 or 10 of these packets with NO stomach upset. This is a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, but not totally sure yet, December 22, 2010
I think this is a good product and I will explain below why I think so. I have given it 4 stars because I have been taking it less than a week. I will say it has an odd but not strong taste or bad and it also feels like mucous when swallowing it! But if you put it in cold seven up or cold flavored water and use a straw, then you shouldn't notice the odd taste. Follow the directions for cold liquid or room temperature (the taste is hidden with cold drinks).

We have heavy haze where I live and my asthma always flares up with wheezing and coughing. My allergist usually gives me injections of vitamin C, but I wanted to get away from the needle and also to take a higher dose to see if I could avoid the steroid inhaler.

We have had heavy haze for over a week and I was coughing and wheezing for 2 days. After taking this, I stopped the hacking cough and wheezing. I have taken about 3-4 packets/day for 4 days now and I can breath. I have only needed albuterol a few times and that was about 4 hours after I took the packet. After taking the packet, and not the albuterol, the hacking cough subsided. I haven't noticed any change in stools either :) (sometimes oily substances will do that).

I had wondered if breathing better was the placebo effect, but with the haze we have from air pollution (from a volcano!) and my allergies to all the mold, pollen, and dust in the air (I live in the tropics) and the fact that I always hack out a lung when I go to bed, I don't think it can be a placebo effect. I am a skeptical person, but as an asthmatic who has to avoid steroids for other health reasons, I had nothing to lose in trying it. The haze is going to continue throughout the week and I backed down to 1 pack today and so far, so good. I still don't hack/wheeze when I go to bed. To me that is the sign that it works for my asthma. But only time will tell for sure. I will come back later and share my long-term experience.

My allergist said vitamin C is an anti inflamatory, in addition to being an antioxidant, so I am not surprised that it has helped me lessen the inflammation that causes asthma. I am relieved that I didn't waste my money and that I can stop getting intramuscular injections of vitamin C. I am also very relieved that I haven't had to use the steroid this time, as that makes me sweat and causes insulin resistance.

This is my experience with this product and may not apply to all people. Although it has helped me personally in a very tangible way (yes I like to breath well), I wouldn't think it a panacea.