From the Manufacturer
Post MP3s to the Web-Instantly
MicroTracks ability to record directly to MP3 files and transfer them instantly to the computer means that you can e-mail or post high-quality recordings to the Web immediately. Musicians can e-mail demos to writing/production partners and record companies when the inspiration strikes. Business users can easily upload meetings and presentations for review and wider dissemination immediately. Educators can post classes, lectures and seminars without delay. Faith-based organizations can quickly broadcast worship services and speakers. Professional presenters can create and sell back-end collateral content almost instantlyand the list goes on.
One of the secrets to the MicroTracks compact size is that, like many of todays digital cameras, it records to CompactFlash or microdrives. Recording capacity is based on the recording format selected and the size of the currently inserted media. An affordable upgrade to a 1GB CompactFlash card or microdrive, for example, will hold approximately 100 minutes of uncompressed CD-quality 16-bit stereo 44.1kHz WAV files. That same 1GB media will store 1500 minutes of stereo speech-quality MP3 audio at 96kbps. Of course, you can use and swap out whatever capacity media suits your needs.
You can record as many unique files as the capacity of your available storage allows. Then just connect MicroTrack to your PC or Mac via USB, and it appears as a USB mass storage device showing the unique identification number of each file. Just drag and drop the files to your computers hard drive and your audio is ready to edit and/or post to the Web. The included Audacity software even gives you the power to easily edit your files and convert between file formats.
Power to Go
MicroTrack is powered via long-life lithium-ion batteries. You can record for approximately four to five hours on a single charge (or about three hours with phantom power engaged). Recharge the battery by simply connecting MicroTrack to a PC or Mac via USB, or using an optional power supply.
Professional RecordingAnytime, Anywhere
At about the size and weight of a deck of cards, MicroTrack will go anywhere you need to recordbut dont let its small size fool you. Thanks to leaps in miniaturization, this rugged device is in the same class as our critically acclaimed audio interfaces. Pro-quality preamps complete with phantom power will work with your favorite condenser microphones virtually anywhere you need to capture audioall the way up to 24-bit/96kHz.
Take MicroTrack with you wherever you go as a songwriters notebook
MicroTrack's mobility and mic preamps also make it ideal for recording practice sessions and gigs, not to mention capturing film-quality sound effects in the field. Balanced ¼" TRS line ins also make it easy to take a feed directly from a studio or club mixer. S/PDIF input means that you can even record the output of digital mixers and do transfers from other digital recording/storage devices. And regardless of how you choose to record, you can monitor via the 1/8" stereo headphone jack or RCA line outs.
The MicroTrack represents a far better way to acquire audio than DAT, especially in the field. For starters, MicroTrack's media and electronics are all solid state, making them significantly more compact, reliable and resilient. Where delicate DAT tapes are comparatively hard to find, CompactFlash and microdrives are readily available, and the price per megabyte keeps plummeting. Perhaps even more compelling, audio data transfers from MicroTrack to your computer almost instantlyno more waiting around for real-time DAT transfers. And MicroTrack's media can even double as storage for other devices such as digital cameras.
Full Feature Set
- 2-channel WAV and MP3 recording and playback for pro recording, meetings, training, education and worship
- storage via convenient CompactFlash or microdrives*
- immediate drag-and-drop file transfer to PC and Mac via USB 2.0 mini- connector
- powered via USB, rechargeable lithium-ion battery or power supply (both included)
- separate left and right input level controls with signal and peak indicators
- professional balanced 1/4" TRS inputs with mic/line switch
- dual microphone preamps with phantom power for studio microphones
- 1/8" TRS input with 5V power for use with stereo electret microphone (microphone included)
- S/PDIF coaxial input for digital transfers
- monitoring via RCA line outputs or 1/8" stereo headphone output
- stereo output level control
- large LCD for navigation and statistics
- dedicated buttons for navigation, record, hold, pause, delete, menu, and power
- includes software for editing and file format conversion
- 64MB CompactFlash card included