Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: M-Wave Bicycle Security Flag
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 12, 2011
This flag is attached to a two piece pole joined together by a flimsy plastic sleeve. The plastic sleeve broke in four days. I corrected the problem by purchasing a brass plumbing sleeve, 2" X 1/16" inside diameter. I superglued the brass fitting to the lower section of pole, leaving about 1-1/2" open for the top pole to slide into. It works great, but I should not have had to repair a new item. DO NOT BUY THIS UNIT UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO SPEND TIME AND ADDITIONAL MONEY TO MODIFY IT.
on January 8, 2010
Nice long flag but the plastic attachment that connects the two pieces of the pole snapped right off. Now I think I will need to zip tie the two poles together. I thought it would be more sturdy.
on May 19, 2015
I was reluctant to try a 2-piece flag but the reviews were mostly positive so I gave it a try. Big mistake. After installing it, I managed to ride a whole 2 miles before the top part of the flag blew off in a whopping 5mph wind.
So here's a picture of what I have now
review image
on March 31, 2012
If you remove the metal bracket this slides right into the hole for a chariot flag on the jogging/biking stroller. Couldn't be happier. Also very bright!
on July 21, 2010
The flag makes a huge difference in being able to see my 4 year old riding down the street. He has an 18 inch boys mountain bike. He just learned how to ride a 2-wheeler so the bike is often crashing down either with him or on it's own as he jumps off and leaves it to go run off and play. However, the flag has not snapped off. I ordered 2 more for some of his friends. The first time it arrived in a triangle shaped box with padding. The new ones just arrived in a plastic bag! I was not happy about this as one flag has a small hole in it. (The flag is just plastic) Thus the 4 stars instead of 5 stars.
on September 8, 2012
Got it. Looks great and the price was right. Only issue was I had to cut off the bottom metal bracket because my recumbent already has a slide in slot for the fiberglass stem.
on May 29, 2013
Purchased as a safety item for my child, it broke on day 3, the cheap plastic connector and thin metal were not designed to last.
on September 17, 2014
The piece that holds the two pieces together broke in the mild of the playa. I duct taped a spatula to it and it worked fine. I tried PVC glue originally and the heat may have made the piece brittle. It seemed that bumps would make if pop out at the connection point. If you plan on keeping it attached you'll want to reinforce it. Otherwise, the flag and the bike mount were solid.
on May 4, 2014
Some other reviewers noted this item as being poor quality. It seems fine to me. It installed on my kid's bike trailer easily. I loosened the wheel, stuck it in there and retightened. It comes apart into two pieces, allowing me to take it down to fit the trailer through my door. The color is nice and bright and it should suit my needs just fine, for a lower price than a similar item offered on Amazon.
on August 15, 2013
Plastic pole started to splinter near center coupler shortly after purchase. Not a huge deal, but after maybe 20 times of use the plastic pole coupler snapped. Now it is useless :(