5.0 out of 5 stars Above and Beyond
It's rare that any product is actually, and seamlessly backed by a tech staff. MacKeeper is perhaps the first I've encountered.

Published on January 10, 2012 by M. Becker

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible to deal with
Published on March 13, 2012 by Mark B. Anstendig

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible to deal with, March 13, 2012
Mark B. Anstendig (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)
The company is a horror with lousy impossible to follow instructions, wildly weird upgrade routs and it tries to fool you into buying more updates/upgrades than you want (lots more) by having them already checked in the upgrade page,etc., etc., that is, if you can even find the page. And their technicians are somewhere with weird accents (maybe India or thereabouts) and their phone system is noisy, hard to understand, and worse.

The application seems to work without wrecking anything. But if someone told me something better to use, I would drop it and forget about MacKeeper. I wasted a whole night trying to upgrade, and still haven't, even though I bought three upgrades, which took me 4 hours to do. And I am supposed to entrust my computer to them?

1.0 out of 5 stars when you cross a chameleon with a kudzu vine...., May 12, 2013
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)
What is particularly nasty about this product is that it masquerades as something from Apple/Mac and peddles its service in an especially intrusive way. I was, after much effort, able to extricate myself by finally reaching an actual human being associated with the company (I believe I had gotten to the point of saying I was seeking out the Better Business Bureau....); I found the person to be impervious to any comments about the company's business practices. But, I was free at last! Now, when the ads continue to pop up in the midst of my work looking like messages from my Mac rather than like ads from an outside company, I know just to avoid them like the plague.

1.0 out of 5 stars Truth or $ enhanced?, April 10, 2012
Dragon Writer (Westfield, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)
Zeobit is contacting past buyers of MacKeeper offering free upgrades and prizes to spread opinions and reviews of MacKeeper. So if you've got an itch to review, contact them to get your piece of the pie!

And if you're reading a positive review, how do you know whether it's a side effect of the free pie and prizes or honest now?

Don't you just hate that? I hate that more than the MacKeeper pop-under ads.

Try Googling free MacKeeper alternatives for, well, alternatives and pie-free critiques of whether MacKeeper is even necessary.

(Review not enhanced by any pie from Zeobit.)

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely Sucks, September 19, 2012
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)
A couple of years ago I paid nearly $ 50 for a lifetime of Mackeeper and it has never worked. I've contacted the seller (zeobit.com) several times and they have no idea what's wrong. Gee, that's a lot of help.

I didn't buy this piece of crap through Amazon but I'm happy to place a review here to warn others.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work as advertised, November 30, 2012
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)
I was very disappointed with this product. It wasn't able to help speed up my mac, only identify files I might need (such as different language packs). It created a whopping 800mb of space on my harddrive, which is a drop in the bucket on a large drive. Now I get pop-ups from mackeeper, random scans that slow my machine down, and the like. I have removed this software and wouldn't recommend it at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Above and Beyond, January 10, 2012
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)

I bought MacKeeper, downloaded it on 2 Macs, a MacBook and a MacBook Pro. The Pro was annoyingly sluggish after upgrading the most recent OS. I did everything to enhance speed, to no avail. I ran MacKeeper on the Pro, and it found "issues", which it corrected, enhancing speed immediately. I had a question about the program--logged onto the 27/7 chat, and not only was there a tech there, he took about 20 minutes to answer my question and further "unclutter" my Mac. By the time he was finished, my speed was greatly improved.

I've had Norton, some new and up-and-comers, etc. Nothing has ever worked this well, this easily, and this fast. The customer service is over the top.

Excellent product, excellent service culture.

1.0 out of 5 stars customer service rude, January 19, 2014
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)
Customer service by phone or chat is horrible. They get upset if you aske too many questions it is almost like you have to know everything about a mac in order to use Mackeeper and if you ask them to simplify the instructions they are annoyed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Nothing, April 27, 2012
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)
I just trashed Mac Keeper after 2yrs of it doing nothing, Apples own fire wall is better than Mackeeper or you could try the two other programs out if you have to have something besides the Apple firewall.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this junk, January 17, 2014
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)
My wife and I have been wondering why our MacBook Pro was so slow for a couple years now. I hadn't thought about MacKeeper until reading a review that said it slowed down her computer. Our computer has been consistently slow - waking up, delay with typing, switching between users, everything! I uninstalled this piece of crap and instantly all is better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Spammers, April 24, 2014
This review is from: MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB) (CD-ROM)
These guys are some of the worst spammers in the industry. I wouldn't own their products if they paid me. Say hello to the slime of the software industry.

MACKEEPER (MAC 10.3.9 OR LATERUB)
$39.99 $22.99