5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal - buy this, not the mfr cable!
Published on November 14, 2008 by Jared

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter. Complete. Khrap.
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:34 Mins
Perhaps the others have older sets or bad eyesight. So I welcome you to view my uploaded video or pictures where I shed shed some light on this.
Published on December 14, 2010 by Paul James Chatman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal - buy this, not the mfr cable!, November 14, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: MADCATZ MOV06155V/04/1 Universal Component Cable, 6 ft (1.8m) (Accessory)
There's only one issue with this cable - there's a little hard-to-see slider button that selects "HD" vs "TV" - for using it to connect a Wii to an HDTV using component connectors, you have to slide it to "HD" before it will output correctly. When on "TV" you just get black-and-white output. There's no documentation anywhere on the package that tells you about this switch and it blends into the black color very well. That's the only thing you need to know about this cable - it works for me and it's nice that it's half the price of the manufacturer cables!

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Universal' cable is for one console only. It's not a switch., April 12, 2010
Terrible documentation. The manufacturer and Amazon completely fail to explain this product is a "universal cable" for use by _one_ _console_ _at_ _a_ _time_ _only_. This cable isn't made to switch between different game consoles. If that is what you want, you should buy a video switch for composite video signals, which costs $30-$50 or more.

The little slider switch on this cable simply selects the type of TV you have connected to the cable. It affects which video signal wires pass through to the TV. Most of the video and audio wires from _each_ _console_ are joined together at the cable junction, so if you plug more than one console into the cable at one time, you are shorting your electrical signals between those consoles. This could eventually damage at least one of the consoles.

So, with this cable, you pick which console to connect. I have two of these cables for a Wii and a PS2 (one cable each!), and they work flawlessly with my HDTV, after I noticed the slider switch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter. Complete. Khrap., December 14, 2010
Length:: 1:34 Mins

My Philips 32" LCD HDTV had the MadCatz 3-Type component cable hooked up; I connected to both the PS2 and Wii (My surge outlet only has one free plug, so while they both were connedted to the cable only one was actually plugged in); with the HDTV switch flipped on the cable.

Both consoles had the same issue: audio distortion with static and feed back, interlaced scanlines galore, and the colors were washed out, with a weird green & grey palette.

Major un-coolness. I shipped thing back the same day I got it: yesterday!! I just hope I get back the 10$ in 1-day shipping costs as well.

I should have known though: MadCatz has NEVER made good peripherals for any consoles, all of their stuff is crap. So I ordered the Official Nintendo cable yesterday. I won't buy an additional cable for the PS2 since I only have 1 game that has 480p "HDTV" output: God of War, and it looks fine in S-Video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, November 5, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Received the package on the scheduled date containing the promised contents. I am thoroughly happy with the purchase! Chucking my old ps2 rca cables. 100% satisfaction!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap component cables for the Playstation 3, May 27, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got these for my PS3 because they were the cheapest component cables I could find. They're advertised as being for the PS2, but the PS3 uses the same connector and these cables work just fine. No complaints!

5.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, and buy this cord!, May 10, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
If I could go in the past, and do it all over again. I wouldn't have spent all my money on a separate component cord for the Wii, Xbox, and PS2. Just buy this cord! It's a 3-in-1. It can read an HDTV signal, and a Standard Definition signal as well. This cord works well, if you're having problems with the cord, there's a switch on the cord that you can change HDTV to TV, and if you have a weird color issue, just make sure you haven't mixed up the two red cords.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, May 23, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The cable is obviously poorly designed as It was defective out of the box.
The video was distorted and I kept getting scanbars all over my screen, I went to another brand of cable with no issue!

4.0 out of 5 stars BLACK AND WHITE FIX, January 11, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
When I tried the component cables I had to choose between black and white output on my Wii (the switch on this cable set to hdtv) or a very fuzzy color image (cable switch set to tv). Here's the fix:

If you have a ps2 connect it at the same time as your wii. Next go into system configuration on your ps2 and set component video out to Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr. At this point you'll see that the component cable works just fine. Make sure the switch on your component cable is set to hdtv. Next turn on your wii and then turn off your ps2. You can disconnect the ps2 now and this fix seems permanent. Good luck!

4 stars to this product for having to put in research to make it work properly, although maybe part of the blame is Nintendo's

3.0 out of 5 stars cheap, but confusing, April 20, 2008
Aaron White (Hamden, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my wii. I was surprised that this was so much cheaper than the other options. When I first tried to set it up I couldn't get it to work. The manual didn't say anything. Then, as I was putting it in it's box to return it, I saw a little switch that said TV-HDTV. After I flipped the switch it worked great. Why it didn't come already set to HDTV, or explain there was a switch, I don't know.

But for me it did work with my wii, and it was less then half the price of other component cables.

1.0 out of 5 stars In a word: WORTHLESS, April 7, 2010
Byron Brummer (Southern California) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Pros: Both my PS2 and Wii had no problems both being plugged in and working, sound and all, without needing to unplug either.

Cons: Crazy amounts of interference resulting in a horrid image. Snow, tracking lines, etc. Progressive mode is slightly better, but still incredibly bad. So bad my flat screen kept losing sync and just going black ever few seconds. A TV set in the 80's picking up UHF channels would have a better image then what this thing can.

Tried: Both systems plugged in, only one at a time, 480i, 480p, with and without the HD switch for the Wii, all the same: Snow, lines, losing sync so bad the image goes black.

I'll be returning this paper weight. I got frusterated and just bought the real Nintendo Wii component cable which is giving me an absolute pristine image. 2x the cost of an after market cable, but $15 isn't worth trying out any more after market cables. Sadly I'll need a component switch or something now to go with it, but at least it'll work unlike this all-in-one cable.

MADCATZ MOV06155V/04/1 Universal Component Cable, 6 ft (1.8m)
MADCATZ MOV06155V/04/1 Universal Component Cable, 6 ft (1.8m) by MadCatz (Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3, PlayStation2, Xbox 360)
$19.99 $14.67