5.0 out of 5 stars Madtv needs a DVD release, July 25, 2009
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
Mad TV may rerun on Comedy Central, but the show still need more DVD releases.

It has been 5 years since Season 1 came out on DVD!

Fans keep watching the show on Comedy Central, hoping the rest of the series sees a DVD release.

Hopefully in 2010, the long-a-waited season 2 gets released

MADtv season 2 aired from September 21, 1996, to May 17, 1997, with 22 episodes.

Cast members
Artie Lange - final season
Mary Scheer
Nicole Sullivan
Debra Wilson

Please bring back Madtv on DVD, for the fans, that REALLY need it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth it, May 17, 2013
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
While I wasn't happy to wait so long for the second season, I'm very happy that it finally came out! Here's the rundown:

The set is composed of four discs, one-side each (unlike season one, which was three discs, both sides). There are five or six episodes per disc. There aren't any special features to speak of, but they're not needed. We're here for the content, right?

The episodes are:

Adam Arkin
Ryan Stiles
David Faustino
LL Cool J

At the beginning of ever episode, you get a "Coming up on MadTv" promo that previews some of the sketches for that episode. I would have preferred special features as opposed to a preview before the episode, but that's okay.

There are some great impressions and sketches, such as Phil Lamarr as Michael Jackson and Snoop Dogg (then known as Snoop Doggy Dogg). Christina Applegate gets the season off to a great start with her beauty, wit, and talent. This season is worth watching more than once. Purchase the set! You won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars MAD TV SEASON TWO IS FINALLY OUT AT LAST!, April 2, 2013
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
It's about freaking time that those clowns at Warner Home Video finally started putting out the rest of Mad TV. I scooped up season 2 as soon as I saw it at my local Walmart where I work, and it was definitely worth the wait and worth the price. There's not a single episode in this set that doesn't crack me up and leave me in stiches, this set is hilarious. I understand that season 3 will be coming out later this year so I'm looking forward to picking that one up too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 13, 2013
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
Was very pleased with season 2 of Mad tv, it was a shame Artie Lange was missing for the majority of the season,looking forward to season 3 now

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad tv season 1, January 21, 2013
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
THis show is still as funny as it was when it was first aired...I can't wait for
season 2...This is worth watching repeatly

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and fun with the same great comedic talent., July 3, 2014
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
I've always liked Mad TV, so when I saw in season 1 that season 2 would be coming soon, I couldn't wait. Turns out we'd have to wait a pretty damn long time before season 2 finally came out. In fact, it was nine years between the release of season one and season two on DVD. So I have to praise Shout! Factory for correcting this grave mistake and releasing this season.

The sketches are usually very simple, and there are some hilarious jokes. Obviously some of the humor can get quite adult at times, but it usually sticks to being hard PG rated material. These comedians are always wonderful to watch. The chemistry between Phil Lamarr, Nicole Sullivan, Mary Scheer Orlando Jones, Artie Lange, David Herman, Debra Wilson and Bryan Callen is a very important element of this show's success. These very talented people simply have everything that it takes to make the show click.

Wherever one actor was lacking in another area, another would compensate and provide a wealth of comedic genius. True, there are some sketches that didn't quite hit the mark, but somehow when watching these guys perform, that really doesn't matter much. They were always very funny, the guest stars were a welcome treat even if you didn't know them that well. The mean-spirited humor was well-written and executed with such energy that I've got imprinted memories of laughing so hard that they've become very important and precious memories to me.

If you loved the first season, this season is too a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars MADtv: Season 2, April 21, 2014
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
I bought MADtv season 1, The Complete season. It's very nice to recap what I missed as an 11-12 year old, back in 1995-96. Season 1 had closed captions along with subtitles. Any of the viewers choosing. Plus it has extras. Like the gag reel, deleted scenes, and the 200th episode from season 9 (2003-2004)

Fans are very happy that Shout Factory has finally released seasons 2-4 on DVD. Season 2 is just like season 1. The break promos got newly improved. The introductions of the cast is still the same as season 1. Last season for Bryan Callen, Orlando Jones, and Artie Lange.

The only problem is: No subtitles or closed captions. Without the extras. But, still a must have for MADtv fans out there. Box looks nice in clear form. That holds the 4 disc.

I bought MADtv: Seasons 3 and 4 at Amoeba Records in Hollywood. Now I own all 4 seasons. Hoping Shout Factory gets to release season 5. (1999-2000)

5.0 out of 5 stars mad tv season 2, April 10, 2014
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
Love this show this was the perfect cast for me, I love mad tv!!
prompt delivery, excellent product I liked how quickly I received my order, all in perfect condition.
This is a highly recommended product!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, April 9, 2014
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
I've enjoyed watching this season, but I could really do without the "Poolboy" skits. They just come across and a little dry to me. Most of the skits are funny, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother and son bonding, February 24, 2014
This review is from: MADtv: Season 2 (DVD)
My son and I watched this for years. I get a chuckle now watching it. Kenny Rogers and Oprah are the best.

MADtv: Season 2
MADtv: Season 2 by Bruce Leddy (DVD - 2013)
$29.93 $20.98