Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 20, 2014
Marathon is a company with fantastic customer service and an equally as good product. This JSAR is a tank of a watch, and built to withstand the apocalypse. The bezel rotates smoothly, and functions well, the screw crown is easy to use and functional, and the overall look is certain to please, esp if paired with the matching bracelet (although the stock rubber band is nice and thick with a carbon fiber looking print, I preferred the slightly dressier look of the metal bracelet). This is certainly a large watch, but I don't find it too large, even for my 6.75" wrists. The profile does sit slightly highest than other watches, but it causes two of the watches best features to stand out - the great lookin bezel and slightly domed crystal. The face of the watch is clean, uncluttered, and easy to read. The white on black contrast looks sharp, and the luminosity is just right. It allows you to easily read the watch at night without signaling to overhead aircraft that you are walking around below. The time and date functions are easy to set, and the watch keeps great time and mine performed better than the required COSC certification requirements. There is a good reason that the US and Canadian military are both issuing Marathon watches for their Search and Rescue teams.

If you are looking for a watch to weather anything you can possibly throw at it, and still look great while and after doing it, then you have come to the right place.

I absolutely LOVE the watch, and am also going to be picking up the CSAR in the future.
on February 25, 2015
I love this watch!! I have owned the smaller (41mm) G-SAR for a while, but it seemed small after wearing any of my other larger 46mm watches. As soon as I saw that Marathon produces an automatic watch that was 46mm, I was sold. I haven't worn any of my other watches since this arrived from Amazon. I am very happy with my purchase, and I am sure I will get many years of use out of my Jumbo Day Date SAR.

This watch is big, but not as huge as some people have made it out to be. I'm 6'2" and 240 lbs, and this size watch is perfect for someone of my stature.
on February 6, 2016
I like this watch, it is easy to read, day or night and is self winding which eliminates inconvenient battery failures. I also bought the handsome metal brac let and recently had it installed and it makes the watch handsome indeed. What I don't like is Marathon has not answered any of my emails enquiring about accuracy or where a repair facility is near me. The watch looses 15 seconds per day and it also takes a long time to rewind it. I'm not as active as perhaps I'd thought, but I read that these types of watches will be more accurate if kept fully wound once a day. The jeweler who installed the bracket suggested it might need new oil. My thought is to get them to do that and see if that improves accuracy.
It would warrant 5 stars had Marathon responded to my enquiries, so I feel I'm on my own in terms of trying to make it more accurate, if that is possible.
on February 25, 2014
Absolutely great watch. Looks great
Very comfortable to wear
The tritium lume is great
The crystal is especially good absolutely clear, the ar works very well
You feel as if you could touch the dial
on December 2, 2014
It is HUGE, frankly much larger than I prefer. The size is the primary reason for me not awarding 5 stars. The build quality is a little rough, not quite what I see with my other timepieces but, it is the most accurate mechanical timepiece I own! I found this to be stunning, it only gains less than 30ish seconds a week, which is very good for a mechanical timepiece. Due to its size though, the stem could really stand to be re-located to the 4:00 position.

So why did I purchase this Marathon? Primarily because of the day/date function and the tritium lume. While Marathon does produce smaller mechanical timepieces, they all lacked the day/date function. So, for a quick check list.....

PROS:
-Durable (it has taken a ton of knocks and bangs while working on projects)
-Good lume
-Very accurate (for a mechanical watch)
-Day AND date functions

CONS:
-My god is this thing HUGE!
-Bezel turns a little too easily for critical uses
-Difficult to determine 12:00 position at night without my glasses (maybe a different colour tube like Ball does?)
-Fit & finish are unrefined

In short, if you want a mechanical "tool" watch that you intend to use as a tool, this will probably be a good fit for you (if you can stand the size). If you want a sophisticated looking dive watch that you are going to wear to the office, hope to get lots of compliments, and have it not get in the way......... this might not be the watch for you.
on December 4, 2015
Brilliant watch. If you are looking for the ultimate "tool" watch; Look no further. This is a home run. There is nothing I can say about this watch that hasn't already been said. It is a very well executed Swiss dive watch. This is simply 5 stars from another satisfied customer.
on April 27, 2015
This watch is simply amazing. This comes from a avid watch fan and is being compared to Breitling, Omega, and Tag, and other Swiss made watches. You just can't go wrong with this watch. It is everything that a watch 3 times its cost is. Marathon's customer service is phenomenal and it is a great company.
on August 31, 2014
This watch reeks of quality. It has a fantastic clean look and is built like a tank. It is a large watch but not too large but just right. I love it. I will have to save to get the ss band.
If you like the Dive or Military look you will love this watch.
on June 21, 2016
Best watch I've ever owned. I used to own one a few years back, but life happened. So I have my new one and I love it. I recommend getting one and it will be one of the best decisions you would ever make. Everyone thinks it's big, but it's a statement and something you'll have for many years.
review image
on September 9, 2013
Watch came exactly as described. It is heavy duty and rugged. Not too large on the wrist for me but unless you like a beefy watch, it might be a tad big for you. Not so much the diameter of the watch but the thickness of the case. This is exactly my style so it works for me. My only complaint is the accuracy of the movement. It loses a second or two per day but then again, I'm used to my radio controlled citizen eco-drive and its timing perfection. Perhaps this is normal for automatic movements? I wasn't a big fan of the band that came with the watch either. A little too thin and narrow when compared to the watch itself and it needed to be longer. I have an average size wrist but was down to the second to last notch. I quickly replaced it with a NATO style nylon band. I hope the hefty price pays off in the lifespan of the watch. If so, well worth the $$.