Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 2, 2014
I ordered one from their site in November. When the watch arrived the numeral seven tritium did not illuminate. I had to call them and three days later they mailed me a return label. They said that as soon as they received it they would send me another. Almost two weeks later I received the new watch which had deep nick marks on the case. Again I had to call them to get return labels. Well I had it with them and sent them an e-mail and photos of the watch that they were trying to pass off as new. I contacted Paypal who opened up a formal complaint and they got the refund from the dishonest company. Shame on Marathon Watch!!
on April 5, 2012
I bought this watch back in 2007 at a cost of $450 - new. In 2008, the watch stopped working. Mind you I'm not a "Navy Seal" but an analyst. It's not like this watch saw very much action - ever. Low and behold, I called Marathon and asked about it being repaired. Their idea of service is a six month wait just for the diagnostic and no certain repair cost. I started laughing with the service rep, but it turns out this was no joke - apparently that's actually the kind of service you can expect from Marathon. Instead I took it to a local watch maker... YEAH A WATCH MAKER, not a repair shop. He had to order a new crown and fab a few parts because they were defective from the manufacturer - at this point I wasn't surprised at all. Cost: $198.00. I reluctantly pay for the repair because this watch does actually look nice. A year later it stops working yet again.

With so many options for this segment of watches, I urge you to look elsewhere. I recently sent Marathon an email asking about their service policy and not one reply. Quite honestly that's the sign of a company that does not stand behind their product, a company you shouldn't be giving your business. For such an impressive looking watch, I am truly disappointed in the manufacturer. Do your self a favor and move on to a better brand.
66 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2013
I made the mistake to order this watch despite being a relative experienced watch collector. I have heard horror stories of the poor quality control due to the watch being produced to be sold at wholesale prices to the government in contract batches. I ordered my first watch in September 6th, 2013 and it lagged about 10 minutes in the first 24 hours of use, i thought it was a random occurrence so i returned it. Ordered another on September 15th and arrived on September 17th 2013, i am getting ready to return it also because it randomly stopped...never again
on December 19, 2015
I bought the mechanical (automatic) GSAR to wear while my Rolex sub was in for service. The tritium markers SPOILED me--I can no longer live without them, and my Rolex now is in the safe. If you've never had a watch with tritium markers, you owe it to yourself to try one. I posted this review to hopefully offset some of the bad reviews that folks have posted. I'm sorry they had a bad experience, but I think those are rare occurrences with this watch. I also ordered the stainless steel bracelet to go on mine, which I like quite a bit as well. Time keeping is very good for a mechanical watch, currently losing about 5 seconds per day. I've not regulated it because normally this type of movement speeds up as time goes on. These don't have to be serviced by Marathon, by the way. Any competent watchmaker can service and access parts for this ETA Swiss movement.
review image
on May 17, 2012
Officer in the United States Navy and I wear this watch everyday. It gets beat up, used for dives, and rolling in mud. It has never missed a beat. One time the watch strap got caught and it was flung off a humvee doing 80 mph over assphault. It skipped for 10 yards then came to a stop. One gash in the metal face and that was it. That event happened over three years ago and the thing still hasn't missed a beat. I couldn't recommend this watch more. Plus it looks stylish as hell being worn with dress clothes. I'd also recommend getting some nato watch bands to go with it.
on February 5, 2013
This is one hell of a well built US government issue Tritium watch for diving Search and rescue . First of i have been wearing high end luminox for years and this is built much better . it has a thick Stainless steel 316 L very hi Case . the watch itself is bigger then a Rolex submariner or Omega sea master . The watches use the same Hi torque movement in the TAg hauer Link series so you are getting a accurate time piece . Also the Sapphire crystal is 3 mm thick which will be very durable tuff and long lasting . I had the watch 6 weeks now and have not taken it off once . As for the full 731 price shop around and the go on sale for 500 to 600 new . Here are the factory specs from the marathon watch web site .This Dive Watch has the unique feature of using tritium gas vial technology for illumination
Intended Use: Dive, Search and Rescue (SAR)
Uni-Directional Elapsed Time Ring (60 minutes-120 clicks)
Analogue dial with date
Water resistant to 30 atmospheres (300m/1000 ft)
High Torque Quartz Movement (Swiss Made)
Stainless steel 316L water tight case with engraved back. Sapphire Crystal. Screw down crown.
Black face features luminous hands and hour markings. 2 Scale dial shows standard and supplemental time.
Luminous Features on dial, minute and hour hands are powerd by Tritium Tubes. Second hand with luminous MARAGLO tip.
This Diver Watch is made in accordance with ISO 6425 requirements
This Dive Watch comes with a natural rubber rubber mil-spec strap (Swiss Made) with stainless steel buckle
NEW FEATURE : This watch comes with EOL (End of Life) indicator where the second hand advances in 4 second increments when battery needs replacing. Replacement Battery #371
Optional stainless steel bracelet available (Part No. WW005005)
Replacement Rubber bracelet available (Part No. WW005006)

This Dive Watch is manufactured in accordance with GSA Stocked Item Purchase Description-Now under contract to GSA (US Government).
For Government purchases call directly at 1-800-822-4329 or 905-764-9420
Replacement battery (Part No. EL888002)
NSN: 6645200019382
I highly recommend this watch its a work of art I hope to get the New Automatic Large watch if the price comes down . I found my tsar on marathons site for 500 shipped tax free on new years eve and worth every penny . they told me they do sales a few times a year on Amazon so keep a look out on holidays . The tritium is very bright compared to Luminox .You wont regret buying this watch . Im a sheepdog gear head and I love it almost as much as My 007 Omega Seamaster and wear it more often . Check out marathon for other cool new watches and pics and details and see whats available . These are not anything like the 130 aviator watches these are very hi end swiss made time pieces .
on May 17, 2015
I did not get this watch at Amazon.This is a beautiful watch! Alas, beauty is only skin deep, the guts are crap, customer service is crap. The watch will last long enough for the ONE year warranty to expire. I PAID for an estimate of repair that came to close to 75% of purchase price...I bought a g-shock 5000 for half the price and called it good. If you must have watch with this "look", start a "watch savings account" and get a Rolex...
on August 7, 2013
I have a lot of watches and I absolutely love this watch. It keeps astoundingly accurate time, way more so than my Rolexes. It is built at least as tough as the toughest watches I have seen. The fit and finish are at the same level as watches ten times its price. I have many Luminox tritium watches and this blows all of them away for not too much more money. It is better than the stainless Rolex Submariner for 1/10 the price. I also bought the stainless band that matches it and I highly recommend adding that because the rubber band it comes with, while it may be great for diving, is not nearly as attractive. Definitely wait for one of the sales to buy this watch and you will save a lot of money.
on May 23, 2016
Pay mind to the 1-4 star reviews. These reviews are erroneous at best. The Marathon T Sar has been the most durable, high quality and truly maintenance free watch that I own. I have worn my TSar for 7 years now, almost everyday and it simply keeps ticking and has been flawless in performance and aesthetics. I too paid under $400 for mine a few years back and am quite pleased to see the Marathons selling at higher value. Get yourself one before it's too late.
on October 29, 2012
Love this watch! Very heavy stainless. Purchased the S/S band from Marathon.Nice bright Tritium. Keeps perfect time. Couldn't have asked for more.

See 1 answered question