MARPAC Dohm-DS Dual Speed Electro-Mechanical White Noise Machine / Sound Machine for Sleeping at Home & Travel
- Smooth sound of rushing air, a mechanical "white noise" with two speed operation
- Provides excellent noise-masking capabilities and a soft comfortable background sound
- Perfect for baby nurseries, day care centers, college dorms, apartments or any sleep environment
- You will receive (1) Marpac Dohm DS Dual Speed White Noise Sound Machine
- * BONUS * Sleeping Mask!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About Marpac Dohm DS White Noise Sleep Sound Machine, Dual-Speed (the Original Sound Conditioner):
This white noise sound machine effectively masks unwanted noises and creates a sense of calm, making it easier to concentrate, relax and/or sleep. Recommended for restless sleepers, shift workers, infants, children, students, apartment dwellers, and many others. "The Original" sound conditioner first introduced in 1962; now in its 4th generation design
SleepMate Sound Machine and Sleep Conditioner:
- Smooth sound of rushing air, a mechanical "white noise" with two speed operation for a greater range of sound
- Provides excellent noise-masking capabilities and a soft comfortable background sound where it might otherwise be too quiet
- Perfect for baby nurseries, day care centers, college dorms, apartmentsor any sleep environment where unwanted, disturbing or intrusive noise is a problem
- Made of durable plastic
- Suitable for home, office or travel
- Made in the USA; UL listed; one year limited warranty
- Model: Dohm DS
Rest your tired eyes with a soothing plush eye mask. Great for travel or situations where there is a lot of ambient light which can interrupt your sleep patterns.
Top Customer Reviews
- It's travel-worthy. Using the proper country adapters, I've used this product in England, India, Finland, Australia and here at home in the USA.
- It has gotten me through many-a-hotel stay.
- I have a new baby (2 months) and I believe the white noise adds calm to our room.
Should anything happen to this unit, I will buy another. I may even buy another for my baby's room, when he transitions to his own space.
Yes. Get it.
Update, January 20, 2012:
Thanks for reading, I hope this was helpful!
So I asked for and received the Marpac 980A for christmas - it is the perfect solution. It draws a lot less electricity, which was something I was looking for. It creates the same sort of sound the air filter or a fan creates - the dial allows you to adjust how loud it is and the type of noise - one way is a mostly rushing air noise, the other is more of a pleasant mechanical hum. It also has two settings on the on/off switch, low and high.
The sound screen is a lot softer volume wise than something like my air filter, when I first turned it on my husband remarked 'Is that as loud as it gets?', however, while my air filter sits on the other side of the room, far away, I put the marpac next to me on my nightstand and it actually seems about the same volume at that proximity. It's small size (about 4.5" diameter) means I can take it with me when travelling. I also liked that it has foam padding on the bottom so it will not scratch nice furniture it is set on.
It does let off a very very slight airflow out the holes, if I put my hand right over them I can feel it, but not enough to reach my face sleeping next to it and bother me.
I wanted to note that the first picture in this listing is NOT of the 980A, it must be a slightly older model, the switch is different, the second picture is correct.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was a mothers day gift. In two weeks use it is non operational. It was shipped more then 30 days ago and you say it can not be returned/replaced.Published 3 days ago by JIM
This is a wonderful machine. I have had trouble going to sleep and staying asleep. With this great little machine I find that I sleep throughout the night and wake up very well... Read morePublished 17 days ago by Joseph G. Vallee
I bought this because I could hear EVERYTHING my neighbors did next door. I was SO skeptical because I thought there was no way this could cover up their loud sounds. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Gigi0neyda
Works REALLY WELL. Mine is wearing out after years of use and I'm about to reorder.Published 1 month ago by Scmichael
The wife and I found this on our trip to the Cayman islands in the Inn we stayed at (Turtle Nest Inn in Bodden Town if you are going, ask for Mailin the owner) and it really helped... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Lance F. Scott
Been through 3 of these in 10 years or so. Bought one for spare room and both kids!!Published 2 months ago by Phyllis Guaspari
We just bought our second unit. The first has been a staple in our daughter's room since it arrived two years ago. Now each bedroom has one!Published 2 months ago by Susanna Fraass
This is a great product for white noise--we own 4 of them for every bedroom in the house!!Published 2 months ago by sleepinginnewyork