Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 11, 2009 7:54:29 AM PDT
I refer you to my book 'THE MARRIAGE DELUSION - the fraud of the rings?' published today. Still about 20 copies available from the first 500 copies printed, which will be signed / dedicated / numbered. More on www.themarriagedelusion.com, credit cards accepted. Have a nice day! Mike Buchanan, British happily-unmarried writer.

Posted on Sep 11, 2009 8:15:21 AM PDT
John Condron says:
Mr. Buchanan - You seem to be trolling through the Customer Discussions looking for even the most trivial excuse to promote your book. I just want to make a couple of observations. First, if you are going to call yourself "The book reviewer," you probably ought to review at least one book! Second, I note that your own book, which is not yet available, includes no independent reviews, so we have only your word for it. No reviews at all, just quotes from two "Shelleys," both of whom are dead and cannot have read your book. First we have a quote, apparently from the notes to "Queen Mab," one of the lesser works of 18th century Romantic poet Percy Bysshe Shelley. This seems like an obvious choice for for two reasons. First, like your own book, "Queen Mab" was self-published, with only a limited press run; and second, the poem is "infused with scientific language and naturalizing moral prescriptions." Obviously, I can't comment on the book itself, as it is unavailable, but the book description, presumably written by the author, is also infused with such language and prescriptions. Oh, there may be a third parallel. Shelley considered Queen Mab to be a "juvenile production," and worried that it could potentially "injure rather than serve the cause of freedom." Is "The Marriage Delusion" also a "juvenile production?"

Posted on Sep 11, 2009 8:56:51 AM PDT
I refer you to my previous answer.

Posted on Oct 10, 2010 8:02:13 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2010 8:02:58 AM PDT
Sisu says:
The title of the post, "Marriage is the #1 cause of misery in the world today", is actually pretty good. I think I'd just qualify it and say "Marriage is the #1 cause of misery in the developed world today." As bad as marriage is I'm sure it's much worse to be chased by death squads or to be chronically hungry.

But yes, when all is said and done, it's a sobering reality: in the developed world today, marriage is our most pervasive problem, and it's needless suffering that societal inertia foists on the young. No wonder it's in decline and any moral person would agree, it can't disappear soon enough.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 4:45:59 PM PDT
Have you done a study of misery world-wide and cause-wide? Or did you just have a bad experience with your marriage?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 11, 2009
Latest post:  May 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by Nan Silver (Hardcover - 1999)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (540)