Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: MHL Cable (for S3/4/5 Note2/3, Red)|Change

on December 19, 2013
For anyone who is wondering, this works on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Tested it on my tv, works flawlessly.
33 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2013
Works like it's supposed to. I my Galaxy Note 3 phone into the phone part, and the other two into my TV, and it instantly worked. I can stream things through my phone, and they show up on the TV in complete fidelity. Also keeps the phone charged, since one TV plug is the HDMI and the other is a USB.
44 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2013
Looking for a MHL to HDML cable for a Samsung Galaxy S4 I found this product. It works exactly as advertised. Got a perfect full HD picture with sound after connecting all three plugs to the smartphone and a Samsung Smart TV. And the smartphone showed that it was charging - one aspect why I decided to go with this product instead of others that don't seem to charge the smartphone. I noticed that the HDMI adapter itself got warm but it seemed to be fine. Great product for the price.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2014
Various chargers provided various levels of charging current, but none would provide enough current to maintain charge on the S4 while the adapter was in use. One charger providing 2.0A allowed a very slow drain.
on July 12, 2014
Keep in mind, TV has to be off, connect the wires to TV and then phone. Phone has to be on, then you can turn on tv.
Note: If not done in this order, the set up won't work.
on December 20, 2014
This cord works great. I got it for my girlfriends Samsung Note 3. It also works with the Samsung Galaxy S3. This cord will allow you to hook your phone up to an HDMI device, in my case a TV. The phones screen is then viewable on the TV. I got it to watch Netflix from our phones on a larger TV screen. Great for watching movies at hotels with HDMI inputs on their TV's, provided you have decent cell service and don't exceed your phones data plan limit. It also works great for viewing your photos on a TV with HDMI inputs. The three plugs may look confusing but it's fairly simple, The USB goes into a USB charger's port. The mini USB plugs into the phone, which will charge the phone as well. the HDMI plugs into the HDMI port on the TV. I assume this would work on computers with an HDMI input as well, I haven't tried that myself.
on January 1, 2015
Worked out of the package on Galaxy S4 and my 32" LG LCD tv/monitor on my desktop. Son-in-law took it to cabin in mountains....worked perfectly on his Galaxy S5 and the 32" flat screen tv/monitor up there.
Picture and sound both places was perfect.
If it falls apart in the future I'll come back and comment.
Only downside.....which I knew in advance....is that it doesn't charge the phone while in use.
Too simultaneously charge the phone requires MHL v.2.0 and above. This unit is v1.0 (or v1.3).
When I bought this, I also bought a different (slightly more expensive) brand from Amazon that was an MHL v2.0 It worked for about 3 minutes out of the box and quit so it got returned and the cheaper one was kept.
on December 24, 2014
I bought this to use with my Samsung S5 and my Pioneer AppRadio 8000nex. I tried countless other cables including universal MHL adapters and the MLH adapter designed for Pioneer AppRadios with and without 5pin to 11pin adapters and none worked.

The OEM Samsung MHL adapter 2.0 worked, but only had a 2 inch cord!! Imagine trying to find a spot to put your phone, a clunky cable and a bulky adapter 1/4 the size of the phone with 3 cords coming out of it in your car's center console. Not very clean.

Enter this cable. Its 6 feet long, steamlined so there aren't cables coming out of 3 sides of the "adapter" and the HDMI output actually works. If you plug the usb into a usb port/charger it charges your phone too. The contsruction feels a little brittle but that actually makes the cable easier to coil up and tuck out of the way.

One tip, on my S5 I had to plug the USB end into the charger before plugging the MHL end into the phone for it to charge. If you forget to do that you can just unplug and replug the MHL end into the phone and it will start charging.

Easily 75% cheaper than the other OEM MHL adapters too.
on July 1, 2015
For the price, you won't go wrong. Hooks up easily to my Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 and is plug and play. Picture is only 720p HD. Not sure if it's the way my tablet outputs or detects my HDMI box or if it's the cable. Nonetheless, I bought this to do old console emulation with shaders on an HDTV, so 720p works well enough for that. Image is crisp and stable, no glitches or cutouts. For those who have a heat issue, hook up a better power supply as that can often be a sign of insufficient power. I don't have that issue but then again, I have it hooked to a 3.5A powered hub. It does charge too, but Android treats it as a USB port and limits power draw to 500 MaH so it does not blow out an actual USB port. This is by OS design, so another cable will not help. Just turn down the brightness and disable unnecessary radios(example GPS, WiFi, bluetooth, if your application is not using them). Doing that, I only lost 1% an hour doing music streaming and about 5% an hour doing emulation. Turning the screen off with it plugged in let the battery easily charge to 100%. Remember that converting to an HDMI signal is power intensive to begin with, but under these conditions, I can use it for as long as I would ever imagine using it. Anyways great buy and hope this review helps others.
on August 5, 2015
The micro USB part doesn't fit well into my phone (Samsung Galaxy Avant), it goes about half way in and you can't get it in anymore...not sure if it actually works or not, but because of this i couldn't make it work