5.0 out of 5 stars Ants LOVE this stuff
I've never seen ants pile onto ant bait like this before. Our pests are odorous house ants, and we have MILLIONS. Or, rather, we HAD millions, because within 24 hours I already see a significant reduction in ant numbers.

Published on May 6, 2011 by Dante

2.0 out of 5 stars works ok
works just for 2 days and the 5th day you will see the ants returning as if nothing happened. They said, it will kill the nest too when the ants take it back to the nest, but I really wondered about this truth, for me it didin't work. Will not buy it again. One can try, it might work for you.
Published 3 months ago by Elianne Tchapda

5.0 out of 5 stars Ants LOVE this stuff, May 6, 2011
Dante (Louisville, KY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MAXFORCE ANT BAIT GEL- 1 Tube

If you've ever tried ant bait, you know that the big problem is getting them to eat the bait instead of your food or whatever else they've found. That is no problem with this stuff. They swarm it. It is a gel in a syringe so you can squirt a blob out directly onto their trail, and that way they can find it immediately and it's not a scavenger hunt for them to find it. They seem to like it best when it is fresh, and when they run out of gel they will continue to swarm the spot where it was, sucking the residue out of the brick. But a day later, that spot is not interesting any more, so just pick a new spot and lay down a fresh blob.

Be advised that this listing is for ONE tube. One tube contains a lot of gel, but it means you won't get the box with the instructions. Do NOT cut the black tip that comes on the syringe. It twists off. Gently use pliers if it is hard to twist. Then you twist the white syringe nozzle on. When you're done, you can twist the nozzle off and the black tip back on, and hose out the nozzle to keep the gel from drying inside and clogging it.

Oh, and keep it away from any animals you like (such as pets). I believe this is a sweet bait and is probably just as attractive to dogs as to ants. It's just a gel so there's nothing between your dog and the bait except your intelligence, so stick it somewhere your pet can't find it.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked, September 7, 2011
This review is from: MAXFORCE ANT BAIT GEL- 1 Tube
this product worked as stated. It took a little while, and plan on finding dead ants all over your house. Also, it kills them slowly and they limp around in a daze for a couple days. I wasnt prepared to see that. I almost felt bad. "almost"
This is the only thing I found that actually killed those carpenter ants in my home. I do recommend it. Just wish it was quicker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ants LOVE this stuff!, June 10, 2014
This review is from: MAXFORCE ANT BAIT GEL- 1 Tube
We have two different types of ants. One ant type is a small black ant that has an amazing sense for sugar no matter where it is. The other ant type is a very large black ant that is after God-knows-what. We find them in weird locations, like the stairs, our son’s pillow, in the bathroom, etc. They don’t seem overtly interested in food like the tiny black ants. With the tiny black ants, we can open a box of cereal and pour it in a bowl. As soon as I’m halfway through the bowl, I see an ant on the table approaching the box. How they know the box is there baffles me, but they do.

I hired a professional ant guy to come to the house last year. It cost a lot of money! He was like an ant whisperer. He carefully staked out a location and watched and waited. He determined how and where they were coming in and then I watched what he did. He had a tube of this goo that he said had a desiccant in it. He dotted this goo around in locations where the ants would eat it and then he sprayed around the entire house. He then puffed this white flour-like stuff around. Lastly, he put this bug stuff on our entire yard. This year I researched his approach and located an equivalent of each thing he used in his treatment of our property. I saved a lot of money by buying the material and doing it myself.

One of the things I purchased was this stuff: Maxforce ant bait gel. I learned from him last year not to put down ant spray. Doing so pushes the ants back to their nest. You want them to come out. You want them to eat this stuff and take it back and feed it to the others in their nest. They eat it and the desiccant dries them out and they die. So, like him, we watched and waited.

Sure enough, they came out. They actually came out after feeding our 2-1/2 year old. He had foodstuff remaining on his high chair. We saw where they were coming in, and we saw the path they took up the chair. I put some on the chair and on the floor, near where they entered the house. Wow… It was amazing. It was like watching cattle form around a watering hole. Once one of them took a taste of the Maxforce ant bait gel, others came over. They were all around the spot of gel in a feeding frenzy. Once they fattened up, they departed, ostensibly to return back to their nest to feed other ants.

This stuff works! But you have to get it where the ants will find it. Put enough down for them to eat to their little proboscis’ content. Then put more out the next day and the day after that. Over time, you should see the population thin out.

Next, get food-grade diatomaceous earth (a.k.a., “insect dust”). Search for “St Gabriel Organics Insect Dust” on Amazon and also buy a “pest pistol” to puff this stuff around. It’s fossilized algae, so it’s quite safe, but it’s death for insects. It’s a desiccant and dries them out. If you have a nest in a wall, drill a small hole, put the pistol in the hole, and puff this stuff in the wall. Puff it under your appliances and around the wall edges. It’s microscopically fine, so be careful and wear a dust mask. When it gets airborne, it takes time to settle and can make a mess if used in excess.

The other thing you should do is kill off the scent trail the ants leave, which other ants use to know where to enter your home and locate food. Ants leave this scent trail for tracking. Use a product sold on Amazon and elsewhere that contains Bifenthrin insecticide. You’ll dilute this concentrate in water and apply with a pressurized sprayer, the kind of device you see people use to spray fertilizer on trees and flowers. Once you neutralize the scent trail, the ants won’t have any idea where to enter your home and they’ll go elsewhere.

The final thing you should do is put insecticide on your yard. A product like Talstar EZ granular insecticide is an excellent product. Use a drop spreader to throw this stuff around your yard. This will keep ant colonies from migrating to and forming on your property. You may find the colonies on your yard move to your neighbor’s yard. It’ll also take care of many other insects.

So I recommend this product wholeheartedly. If you want to proactively wage war against ant nests in your home, the Maxforce ant bait gel is definitely the way to go. I’d also recommend, for nasty ant problems, taking one or more of the other suggestions I outlined above into action. By taking the proper approach, you’ll stop your property from being an active location for ants and other insect types.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked on carpenter ants when other didn't, February 23, 2014
This review is from: MAXFORCE ANT BAIT GEL- 1 Tube
We are in Michigan and had black carpenter ants begin showing up around Jan 1st when our coldest winter weather hit and throughout Jan and Feb they steadily increased in number throughout the house. We had at least a dozen borax-based baits out with a couple others that used a trace level of non-borax poisons and despite that and other measures including putting stoppers in all the drains at night and setting the trash can outside they continued to persist. We looked everywhere for any wet wood that could be harboring a nest but never found their source. To put it in context, we would kill 25-50 daily. After reading about the Advance product (protein bait) as well as Maxforce gel (sweet bait) on a DIY pest control website, we bought the pair and I cut down Dixie cups to make a small bait station that contained a portion of each. 10 of these stations were placed in the kitchen, bathrooms, and other rooms where we saw the highest concentration in the past. After 24hrs, we found several dead ants within a few feet of many of the bait stations and after 24hrs we never saw another live ant. It's been 8 days now and we have been 6 days since seeing anymore dead ants around the stations. The combination of these two poison seemed to wipe them out almost instantly. Because we used the products jointly, I can't tell you if it was one or the other or the combination which gave us success, but I highly recommend the cocktail that we used as a possible solution if you have an infestation that persists despite the use of borax-based poisons.

The 8oz Advance container and single tube of Maxforce made 10 stations and based on our usage could have made dozens more no not much is needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly, and immediately, July 30, 2011
This review is from: MAXFORCE ANT BAIT GEL- 1 Tube
In San Diego we had Argentine sugar ants - these little buggers were everywhere and they did not care for standard bait traps. I discovered Max Force gel and decided to give it a try. Well, it's simple to apply, just use the syringe to place a little behind switch plates, cracks in the kitchen, anywhere the ants seem to frequent, and stand back and be amazed. The ants love it! they take it back to the nest and feed it to the queen, then no more ants!

We had to re-apply about once a year - not bad if you ask me. Not to mention that the syringe has plenty for great coverage.

This stuff works wonders! If you really want to get rid of those ants, use this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ant killer around, May 20, 2013
This review is from: MAXFORCE ANT BAIT GEL- 1 Tube
I bought this years ago when living at my old house. Never had ant problems at new house until now (5 years later). Bought ant traps from store and they are worthless. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON STORE BOUGHT ANT TRAPS!!! MaxForce is the best ant killer I have ever used and will never use anything other then this product in the future. It is well worth the money. I had ants all over my kitchen counter and I put a few pin drops of this bait where they were walking. They instantly were attracted to the bait. It's amazing to see ants circling around the bait to eat it. What happens is they take it back to their nest and feed it to the larva which kills the whole colony. No need to purchase anything but the tube, 1 tube goes a very long way too. The first time I bought the whole packet with the bottles of liquid, something for outside but never used it, eventually threw it away. This time bought only 1 tube and used a few drops here and there and the next day all the ants were gone. Two days later, still no ants to be seen yet. So far so good..... You have an ant problem, you need this product!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars works ok, April 10, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, March 17, 2013
This review is from: MAXFORCE ANT BAIT GEL- 1 Tube
Worked to quickly kill carpenter ants in our walls. Squirted about 1/8 of a syringe-full around a few walls. Beware that it goes on somewhat inconsistently with some dripping/clumping and dries an ugly yellow color. Ants were dropping within 24 hours, no sign of new ones in a few weeks. Hopefully it's non-toxic for the rest of us!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ants Reject, August 4, 2012
This review is from: MAXFORCE ANT BAIT GEL- 1 Tube
I live in New Mexico and for some reason ants here have no interest in this bait.

When you put it down side by side with Terro, ants will only consume the Terro. Put it down by itself and the ants ignore it.

Applicator is convenient although the bait comes out a little lumpy.

Glad I started with just a single tube and not the multi-pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ant Control Product, July 9, 2014
This review is from: MAXFORCE ANT BAIT GEL- 1 Tube
I had a carpenter ant problem a few months ago - they simply walked around the ant traps I placed near their path. It was a large population from what I could tell. I bought this stuff and within a day or two, no more ants!

Then today, I had a new infestation of a different kind of ant (sugar ants?) Small black ants. I again tried the traps - and sure enough, the little buggers just walked around the traps. My cat's food attracted them. I found where they were coming in and used some of the left over gel on the outside of my house. It was almost funny - they changed direction immediately and swarmed to the gel! Inside, I only see a few remaining stragglers and it's only been a few hours! This is great stuff and works fast!

The one caution I have is - as this can be toxic to pets to be sure to use where they can't get at it.

Rate and Discover Movies