Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Price:$129.95 - $198.00

on October 21, 2012
I have used MBT shoes since they became available in the US--10 years ago or so I would say. The first types were hard and heavy but the latest designs are a lot more flexible, breath better, and fit nicer! This one type, in particular, is my favorite and I just received my 2nd pair--the first one I got all red for using it in the red sands of Sedona. =) I will keep that for just really simple things like shopping in the grocery store but if I want my shoes that look cleaner I will wear the new. I now only wear MBTs and nothing else. I have about 8 pairs--from sandals to slippers to closed shoes that are more formal (for work) to exercise looking shoes like these--they even have boots now.

I highly recommend this pair in particular for those of you who never had MBTs before because this (I think) is a perfect "trainer shoe" for MBT's curved bottom and generally heavier shoes that work your muscles. It is also a very pretty runner--I use mine for walking, jogging, and running as well.
66 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2012
This is my second pair of MBT shoes. These shoes work well for plantar fasciitis. I have suffered with this condition for a while and MBT shoes keep the pressure off the heel area. I find I can stand all day in these shoes without discomfort. This style is lighter and fits snugger than previous models. I probably would have ordered a 1/2 size larger. I doubt the lacing system will last and ordinary laces will replace the lace up clip eventually. I found my first shoes were big and a bit clunky but this style looks good with the same great effect ... comfort! I will order another pair and I'm satisfied with the brand.
on September 19, 2013
MBT has filed for bankruptcy isn't going to emerge from bankruptcy. There are no more genuine and authentic MBT's being sold by MBT, so the only ones available are those that are left over in stock of those who sell MBT's on the Internet and in stores. I suggest buying as many as you can in your size as this is the end of MBT and there doesn't appear to be any other shoe or sandal that is as good as MBT being made at this time. I suggest not buying any knockoff MBT's as the rubber will deteriorate in less than six months because they were made in China and synthetic rubber of inferior quality was used and there isn't any material binding the rubber together so it won't deteriorate. The best place to buy MBT's at this time is thewalkingcompany.com as they sell only the genuine and original MBT's made by MBT and their stock is being depleted rapidly and soon there won't be anymore MBT's to be had anywhere, including Europe, although there may be some outlets in Europe that may still carry them, but even they will run out of MBT's soon. If someone learns of another shoe or sandal that has the rounded soles as MBT, please post the information on Amazon and anywhere else you can as there are a lot of people who depend on MBT's to relieve pain and correct ones gait. I wish I had the money to buy the patent on MBT's and start a business selling MBT's as this is what's needed unless another manufacturer is able to construct shoes and sandals that will do as good as MBT's to help people who need a shoe or sandal to relieve pain and correct ones gait. Were one to want to have their MBT's resoled it may be possible to do so by contacting re-soleamerica.com and ask them if they can do so. I haven't contacted them but will do so soon if I can't find anymore MBT sandals to replace those I have as I wear them every day and all day. I've been wearing them for five years and when I started wearing them I had pronounced flat feet; now I have pronounced arches in both feet and haven't had the pain in my ankles, lower back, neck and lower legs since the day after I stared wearing them five years ago. Sorry to all who have to search for a replacement for MBT's that works as well as MBT's as the arch construction of MBT's is the reason they work better than any other shoe or sandal. Some shoe manufactures may try to copy the MBT arch construction, but if the arch isn't placed in the correct location for the size of the shoe during production, the shoe won't do the job to relieve pain and correct ones gait. My opinion of MBT is MBT is the best shoe ever made to relieve pain and correct ones gait. It's my hope people will find a good replacement for MBT's as this is a loss none of us like to see happen when we have been helped for so many years by Masai Barefoot Technology (MBT). Good luck to all and I urge all to look for a replacement for MBT and get the word out to others if a good replacement is found. You may contact me at pmarksfina@yahoo.com and I will respond or you may post a response on Amazon and we can all stay informed. How about that for communicating with the MBT community of which we are a part.
on December 12, 2012
I usually have no problem with MBT
These shoe were light and felt fine
but after a bit a walking the shoe began to rub the tops of my smaller toes to the point of blisters
I had to return them

I will definitely buy MBT again just not this style
on December 12, 2012
I wish they would have worked for me, I had to return them because they were too long and too narrow. I have more of a short toes and wider foot. Theses shoes are not made to fit my shape of foot. So I will have to continue to keep looking (bummer)!
on March 5, 2013
I have an average foot. These shoes were sized Eur37, or 6-6.5 American M. The toe box is almost pointed in these shoes. The heel is soft so it's easy to get them on and off, and therefore could be too wide for a narrow foot. They're a strange fitting shoe. I wore them just around the inside of my carpeted house, and the pain was excruciating.
I bought them for walking on a trip, then I read on the box that the "stability" level is not that good.
For someone who has the right foot, I'm sure it would be a comfortable shoe.
The color is nice, it's called Birch, which is a very light off white color, but all and all an attractive shoe.
I was sorry to have to return the shoe. This has nothing to do with the seller. There was nothing negative about that part of the deal. I just could not wear the shoe.
VINE VOICEon March 28, 2013
I bought these as an existing fan of MBT shoes and this pair did not disappoint.

They're the lightest pair of MBTs of all of the ones I own (much lighter than the sandals). The mesh on the top is completely breathable. The back is quite soft on the heel with an elastic band going around the back to keep the shoe on. The cord lacing the shoes is a little long, but I just tuck it back under the laces on the top to be sure I don't step on one foot's laces with the other foot. If you're looking for a pair of summer MBTs, look no further. These are ultra comfortable and ultra lightweight. Fits true to size.
on February 4, 2013
This model has a very light weight & packs nicely. It I a great shoe for warm weather. The shoe has a stability factor which is good, however, my feet feel more stable in the MBTs with a heavier sole. It might just be a case of my feet adjusting. I would buy the shoes again & I like them a lot.
on December 21, 2013
I read review after review on how great these were for standing with plantar fasciitis so I was eager to purchase and try them. The laces broke before I could even try them on and they hurt worse than any shoe I have EVER worn. I returned these immediately.
on December 17, 2012
I've had other pairs of MBT's which I liked but the sole was so high! These are much better. Comfortable to wear and look good for work or casual. Like the outer net design but not as happy with the drawstring laces as they loosen up while wearing. Also, the back of the shoe is quite low.