Your 2-in-1 Self-Paced Training Kit. Fully updated and revised! Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCTS Exam 70-536—and on the job. With this official Microsoft study guide, you’ll work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then reinforce and apply what you’ve learned through real-world case scenarios and practice exercises.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
- Develop applications that use system types and collections
- Validate input, reformat text, and extract data with regular expressions
- Create services and multi-threaded applications
- Implement code-access security and role-based security
- Implement serialization to read and write complex objects
- Leverage legacy code using interoperability
- Monitor and troubleshoot applications
- Create applications for a global audience
Practice Tests assess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers?including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Your kit includes:
- 15% exam discount from Microsoft. Offer expires 12/31/13.
- Official self-paced study guide.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 300+ practice and review questions.
- Code samples in Microsoft Visual Basic and Visual C# on CD.
- Case scenarios, exercises, and best practices.
- 90-day evaluation of Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2008.
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD:
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.