Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 26, 2012 10:48:10 AM PDT
A. Burnett says:
Does anyone know if this officially means that the first Mass Effect will be released for the Playstation 3?

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 12:05:20 PM PDT
Tyler I. says:
Mass Effect will be also be released as a stand-alone title on the PSN.

http://www.gaming-age.com/2012/09/mass-effect-trilogy-coming-to-xbox-360-pc-and-ps3-this-holiday-season/

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 12:38:55 PM PDT
No word on whether you can import the ME1 save file from the downloadable version to current versions of ME2--and have all decisions from ME1 reflected in current PS3 versions of ME2 and ME3. (Will they get a patch?) Also, not clear whether all DLC and bonus weapons/armor/content to be included in this trilogy version. Just like the original ME3 ending, this announcement for the trilogy raises more questions than it answers. :P

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 2:32:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2012 2:33:01 PM PDT
Mass Effect 2 for the 360 has a version of the Cerebus Pack that lets you make the choices from ME1, I'd assume that the PS3 version will be more or less a straight port of the 360 version, so there should be no issue at all.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 9:02:21 PM PDT
K. Wendt says:
Shut up and take my money already! Hopefully the wait after the XBox 360/PC versions come out won't be too long, but I'm thinking it's mainly for ME1.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 1:46:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2012 1:58:46 PM PDT
Rixatrix says:
So far, it won't be including all dlc:

"What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed - The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.

On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.

Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available soon."

http://www.masseffect.com/about/trilogy/

XBox 360 gets shafted on the ME dlc's, but at least "available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE" for additional out-of-pocket dollars! Hooray! *sarcasm*

Looks like no "Lair of the Shadow Broker" (the major ME2 DLC), no "Stolen Memory" (Kasumi), no "Arrival" (bridge mission between ME2 and ME3), no "From Ashes" or "Leviathan" (ME3) either. At least they are including Zaeed and Bring Down the Sky on the PC version, but it feels pretty cheap not to include at least all the ME2 dlc on all platforms. IMHO it should include From Ashes too, as it was a day one ME3 dlc and caused quite a stir when everyone found out it was included on disc (as if it had been cut from the game to be sold separately as dlc).

I'm not surprised that it's just a lure to spend money on dlc. I do hope that EA changes its mind and releases all the downloadable content up till now in the trilogy, but once again, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an "ultimate edition" with everything included 6 months to a year from now. The company would love people to double dip.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 11:18:11 AM PDT
Cody Burnett says:
Really I would rather they just put out ME1 and be done with it. I own both 2 and 3 and I find myself a bit pissed off that Bioware suddenly release all three in one pack. If this has three discs for each game then maybe I'll buy it, otherwise I have a feeling that this collection will be glitchy to the extreme if it is all on one disc. Hopefully I can just download ME1 off PSN with little to no trouble.

Posted on Oct 20, 2012 4:04:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 20, 2012 4:24:18 PM PDT
Since they aren't releasing ME1 by itself on disc, I almost bet they do what was done with God Of War Origins collection when it was released as part of the Saga collection. I expect the ME collection to have a physical disc for 2 & 3 with 2 being the exact same version already released on PS3 (with Shadow Broker, Kasumi, Overlord being included on the disc) and a code for part 1 being packaged with them.
I'll be really suprised if ME1 has a physical disc as part of this set.

I highly doubt any ME3 DLC would be included since the game is still less than a year old. The only thing I would wonder is whether or not the cerberus pack (which includes Zaeed) will be included for ME2.
I already own 2,3 and all associated DLC and while it would be nice to be able to have a physical copy of ME1 to sit on my game shelf along side the other 2, for the 15 bucks it's supposed to cost, I can tolerate a downloadable version.

Now I just hope the rumors I've read aren't true and I don't have to wait until the end of February for it. haha
Other than the fact that's a long time to wait it's also right around the time several games come out I'm looking forward to.
(South Park, God Of War, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear.)

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 12:13:00 AM PDT
Cars&Guitars says:
Man, so many good games coming out next month. I'm so glad ME1 finally came to PS3, now I can finally play the entire trilogy in order. Good thing I held off buying ME3. I can't wait to play!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 6:43:49 PM PDT
Rixatrix says:
I really hope that they include ME1 on disc. It would suck if they just included a code to download it with, and it means people won't be buying or selling this set used. It would feel less like a "deal" and more like a trick if they tried to circumvent the used market like this.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:57:15 PM PDT
Cool Spot says:
I preordered the ps3 version, but it's funny how they still don't have the details set on what exactly is going to be on disc or DLC and how many discs.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:41:10 PM PDT
K. Wendt says:
@Cool Spot

Wait no more!

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/01/ryan-warden-an-update-on-the-mass-effect-trilogy/

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 2:51:11 AM PDT
Waldo says:
Sale at Newegg.com again $12 off all Pre-orders $49.99 & Up

Enter Promo Code: EMCJJNH48 at checkout!!!! Exp 11/04/12

Enjoy, in case anyone missed anything the other 4 or 5 times Newegg had this! ;)~

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:14:30 PM PST
R. Levine says:
Do we have any confirmation that you'll be able to import your character from 1 into 2?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Sep 26, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect Trilogy - Playstation 3
Mass Effect Trilogy - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars (456)