Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SET Tactical Weapon Mount
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 23, 2011
This is a really nice mount, came just as pictured ( for the first purchase ) - grooved with a thumb screw. Hold my Ultrafire 1000LM - YES 1000LM LED not 100LM - light perfectly, satin finish does not reflect a lot of glare. 5 stars for a great mount.

I liked this mount so I decided to order a couple more and got a surprise. The two additional mounts I purchased are NOT LIKE THE ONE SHOWN. I bought two more and the newer purchased ones are way inferior to the first mount I bought. There is no detailed lines around the holes ( as shown ) , the checkered finger grip nut (as shown ) has been replaced with a smooth finish hex nut, and the mount is SHINY? just what you need in a tactical situation shiny product on an assault rifle to reflect light and give away your position. The first mount I ordered was perfect the two newer ones are really cheap china shiny junk. Yes paint will fix the shiny problem but when I ordered something and LIKED IT, then order two more of the SAME THING - I SHOULD GET THE SAME ITEMS AGAIN NOT AN INFERIOR PRODUCT TO WHAT I PURCHASED THE FIRST TIME.
2323 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2010
Got this to put on my AR-15, I mounted it on my left rail and it works great with a vertical grip. The offset works great and my thumb has no problems reaching the light. The finish matched my colt rail perfectly. I used the Surefire E2D Led Flashlight (The same as the scout). The only thing I had to do was use the rubber from a bike tube to make my light not move because it is just under 1". This mount is defiantly worth it and about 50 bucks cheaper than other metal light mounts.
I ordered two of these for mounting flashlights on AR15s. I had looked at a couple of other brands and they had a lot of complaints about not holding the flashlight tightly. These units are very nice and they perfectly fit my Nitecore MH12 flashlight. There are comments from a lot of reviewers about the finish being glossy but it looks good to me and it is not as glossy as the finish on my flashlight. If I get so that it bothers me I will just spray paint it with flat black paint. Heck once you turn on the flash light they will know where you are anyway.

The mount is well made and it fit tightly onto my flashlights. The two clam shell pieces are held into place with four Allen head screws. The mount fit tightly onto my Picatinny rails. The mounting hardware it a nut and you can use a wrench or a socket to tighten it down. There is also a hole in the nut and you can use the supplied Allen wrench to tighten down the four flashlight mounting screws and also the rail nut. I also added an extended control switch for the flashlight. Please excuse my pink photo background as I was using a plastic padded table cloth on a nice table to work on my guns.

This is a good product and it is priced properly.
on February 3, 2013
I had bought one of the ones that is pictured previously and liked it. What I received the second time is a different much cheaper looking item with a shiny finish and a cross bolt that is too large to work.
on June 21, 2013
Mine arrived exactly as pictured with the groove lines and the checkered thumb screw. As a few items I've ordered, it seems like some products vary from seller to seller listed under the same item. I ordered from treadpro since it had high reviews and prime 2-day shipping. I would have definitely sent it back had I received one of the cheaper made ones some of the other reviewers were describing.

My Surefire G2 Nitrolon fit perfectly in the mount and the offset really helps to bring the flashlight into a position where it is more easily accessible when your hand is on the fore end of the shotgun. I have it mounted on a Mossberg 590a1. There is a bump along the inner side of the mount where the thumbscrew goes through, which provides extra support to keep the mount in place on the picatinny rail. I went to the range and fired a few dozen 2 3/4 birdshot, buckshot, and 3 1/2 magnum slugs. The mount seemed to hold up well and still felt secure afterwards. I think I'm still going to put some blue locktite on the screws anyway, just as a precaution. Great flashlight mount at a decent price.
on December 1, 2011
I do like what I've seen from this mount so far. Considering the its low price, the fit feels snug, and on my Glock 17, it looks like it belong.

My only concern was clamping on my Nebo Redline flashlight. Part of the light to clamp on is just hair over one inch, and the bolts used to clamp the light almost seemed too short for the job. I believe the clamp is designed for flashlight 1" or smaller where they mount. I'm still not 100% confident about my set up, and will probably look into a smaller flashlight for the task.

Another small "con". Instead of the thumb nut shown in the product photo, mine came with a standard hex nut. This sucks a little bit. This nut is used to tighten and secure the mount onto the rail of the gun. I don't know if this was a cost saving measure, or if these clamps were falling off with a thumb wheel, because people couldn't tighten properly by hand......

All in all, I'm happy with the product I received. Good value.

*If you'd like to see how this mount look on a Glock, I did upload 3 pics. Hope it helps. :)
review image review image review image
on October 23, 2015
At this price, I was willing to take a chance. Don't you love it when you purchase something that costs so little, yet does the job, and provides you with a service and satisfaction that you did not have before?
I used this on my Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport, after I swapped out the plastic hand guard for a quad rail (also bought on Amazon). I did so primarily for the purpose of adding a tactical light for positive ID (for those situations you never want to happen). I also added a vertical grip. I placed the mount on the right side of the firearm so I can easily click the light on or off with my left thumb that is griping the vertical. Very ergonomic and natural, on and off.
PS. If you have a light that is too large, you are SOL, but you can adapt a slightly smaller light with a small strip or two cut from a cheap mouse pad from Wal-Mart or Big Lots. Tighten as needed.
review image
on November 29, 2012
mount half is 13/16",top half is 7/8"(measured with certified caliper) an ultra light weight, not even close to(direct quote) "Off-Set Weapon Mount is a heavy duty 1" light mount".

it does not have the (direct quote) "Features large knurled knob for secure "no-tool" rail mounting". in fact it requires a wrench to tighten rail mount.

also does not look like picture with machined look around holes.

so basicly if you have something that half way around is 13/16", then 90* out to 7/8" for the other half way around this could work, also i am sure a stick from out side could be force fit into it for maybee a spear or something.

i will be returning this item
on April 22, 2013
I got this mount because of the price. Bad move. I had to tweak it in order to get it lined up on my picatinny rail. It is mounted on my rifle and will work, but I would suggest spending a little extra money and get something that is good to go out of the box.
on April 1, 2014
I've purchased one mount other than this to use with the exact same model flash light on another gun. This is the better mount, and, it's the cheaper mount. This mount, while made for a 1" flashlight, allows some flexibility. If you have a ridge or something of the sort that you need to clear or want to mount around, you can. The other I used has three rings at say, 1.2 inches at best. Very unforgiving. The center ring tightens and holds the light still. It works well but, has no tolerance for clearing a ridge in the center of the light, etc. 1" tube and that's it. This has a clamshell type design. You can take the top part off and reattached it at a position that clears any areas greater than 1". In fact the top piece has a gap in the center that I used to straddle such a ridge in my light. Well built, very solid and worth more than you'll pay. That should say it all.