5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal!
Published on January 13, 2012 by Steve

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed fire builder
How the other reviewers gave these a five star is beyond me. They must know something I don't or they were not doing what I did. My fires are built in an enclosed fire place. Therefore, what I found is: When you take one out of the box and put the extra back in you can't get the them back out unless you turn the box over. They cannot be broken in half unless you have a...
Published 7 days ago by Diggerman

5.0 out of 5 stars The Real Deal!, January 13, 2012
This review is from: MEECO'S RED DEVIL Firelighting Squares, 144 pieces (Tools & Home Improvement)
Sitting in front of a roaring fire as we speak, made easy with the use of these fire starters. They ignite much easier than two other types I've tried and burn for several minutes, ensuring that the fire gets going. I heat my home primarily with a wood stove, so it is imperative that I start the fire as fast as I can on those cold mornings and these starters make it so much easier. Now that I have tried them and know how well they work, I will be ordering more to have on hand. Please understand that I am a real guy up here in Canada who has found an exceptional product and wants to share...I am not a copy writer nor do I have any affiliation with this company or this web site. Cheers and happy burning...stay warm!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product!, January 4, 2012
I purchased these for my elderly Mother for her woodstove. I had tried others in the past and she had difficulties breaking up the blocks as they were very thick and hard on her hands. She often had to use many more than was necessary due to that problem, making it an expensive alternative to kindling.

When she tried these she was amazed at how easily they separated and she only had to use 1 to get the fire going. The boxes are small and easily stored, the ease of use is incredible and at price made it easy for me to stock her up for the entire winter, with no worries of her not being able to use them correctly when I couldn't be there to break them up for her.

I will be stocking up on more of these as they are perfect for her and work better than any others we've tried in the past. On the box it said to use 2 or 3 but all that's needed is 1 small square to get the fire blazing, a very convenient and economical solution. Highly recommended and the ease of use is beyond compare. An excellent product!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FIRE STARTERS, January 1, 2011
I never had used any kind of fire starter other than paper and wood chips, and I have a gas starter in my fireplace too. I much prefer these fire starters. They are cheap (I only use one per fire) and they always light easily. My husband is even successful and he has problems with other methods. We couldn't be happier!

4.0 out of 5 stars Plan on Using a Few Blocks at a Time, January 4, 2013
I've just started using these to light natural untreated firewood that have been stored both indoors and outdoors in my fireplace. Plan on using 4 to 6 blocks to get a fire going unless you live in a very dry climate (I am in the northeast). The blocks create an intense flame when lit but if you plan to use a single block, you would have to light tinder with it to fully light firewood. If you are using it for charcoal in a chimney starter, one block is more than sufficient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Firestarters!! These Work FANTASTIC!!!, March 20, 2012
I have been buying various kinds of fire starters for several years to use previously, in a fireplace insert, and currently, in a free standing wood stove. I had found a kind we really liked, but the store where we had been buying them went out of business. Then, I found these, SureStart Firelighting Squares,Firestarter Squares, 144PK BOX FIRE STARTER online and they looked similar to what we had been using. We received them within two days of placing the order. Yes, they are EXACTLY what I was looking for and they work GREAT!!! I will buy this kind for as long as I am able. They light in a split second and ignite the kindling or wood on the first try. We never have to use more than one square! And the price on these is about a third of what I had been paying!! Fantastic Item for a Great price!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 29, 2012
I received this product quickly and was suprised at the size of the box. Much larger than expected. (I was trying to find some replacement cubes) However after giving this a try I was surprised at how quickly a square ignites with just a strike or 2 and how long it lasts. I now am cutting the squares in fourths and am getting plenty of fire. (cuts firmly with a sharpe knife) I really like that this all natural as it doesn't have any chemicals to adversly affect any of my other stuff this might come in contact with. Doesn't burn as cleanly as the white chemical cubes but thats ok, a little smoke doesn't hurt anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little guys!, February 4, 2012
Susan K. (Sebastopol, California, USA) - See all my reviews
I was fed up with the starters I've been buying - Duraflame and ones from Safeway. All were difficult to light and needed to be cut up to make them cost effective. I looked online and read the reviews for these little guys. They work great and are easy to snap apart. One works great! Even with freight, those cost less than the Safeway ones. (Would be even better if they were Amazon prime, but still a 5 star!)

5.0 out of 5 stars SureStart Firestarting Squares, January 18, 2012
I order two boxes at a time with this product. I have a wood burning insert inside my fireplace. I use one SureStart and walk away. The product is very consistent and works every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as if not better that the starter blocks I used, April 22, 2013
This product worked great in my wood burning stove. Very quick to light and got fires started quickly and for much less than the blocks I used earlier in the heating season.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product., April 7, 2013
I bought the Meeco Red Devil Squares to light my drum smoker. I needed starter cubes that are food safe. 144 cubes, they light quickly, and get the lump charcoal going in short order. Glad I bought them. I gave 24 cubes to my brother in law. I should have bought 2 boxes so that I won`t have to worry about running out anytime soon.

MEECO'S RED DEVIL Firelighting Squares, 144 pieces