5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't believe it!
Published 18 months ago by Logan Kay

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good
Published 21 months ago by Ruth Harrigan

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't believe it!, January 27, 2013
I got these because they were an add-on item and I wanted some cheap headphones to just have around the house (I loose them like crazy). When I got them, I really wasn't expecting much, I mean, for $8 what can you expect. But OMG! These things blow the Skullcandy headphones I've been buying out of the water! The bass response is awesome (currently listening to the new Tron soundtrack). The thing I hate about the Skullcandy earbuds is that after a few months, one chanel goes dead. I think it's due to very small wire that connects them, but with the larger flat ribbon-type wire on these, I don't think they'll have that problem.

And, lets face it. For 8 bucks, who cares if they only last a few months, it's still half the price of a mediocre pair of Skullcandys.

Overall, I'm definitely going to be buying more of these (since I lose them all the time).

Definitely a thumbs up. The only thing I don't like is that they are an add-on item with a limit of 3 per order, so I can't fill my shopping cart with them. But I'm trying to find a way around that, lolz.

Way to go, this manuf!MEElectronics EP-RX12-BL-MEE In-Ear Headphones - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars MEElectronics EP-RX12-RD-MEE RX12 In-Ear Headphones - Red, January 10, 2013
This review is from: MEElectronics EP-RX12-RD-MEE RX12 In-Ear Headphones - Red (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Excellent headphones, they reduce ambient noise and sound great as good as some more expensive models out there. there is some feedback from contact with the cord aside from this no complaints what so ever! Would recommend and purchase again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed....Enough said., January 23, 2013
I was surprised how good these headphones were for the price. I have owned probably 10 different types of earbuds, as I use them every day at work. These sound almost as good as my 100 dollar Shure earbuds, but an 1/10 the price! Cable is flat and thin, but still seems sturdier than other headphone cables (which always break and is the reason I have owned so many).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price wise but they are very bassy, April 18, 2012
I bought these headphones when they were only $2.50 without tax and shipping which included went up to 5 bucks. At the price it is now they are still worth the price and would buy it again.

For under $10 dollars the rx12 is probably one of the best performing earphones I found.
Built wise the rx12 is a 4 star out of 5. The flat cable makes it less tangible which making it a bit more sturdy. There is no strain relief system and the housing is plastic. The cord seems to be the same plastic as a ipod usb cord . The buds are comfortable but seems a bit shallow. They won't fall of though.

Style wise the rx12 won't disappoint 4 out of 5 stars. The flat cable is both (black)and(blue or red) on ear side depending on which color you buy. the style sort of resembles the beats by dr dre tour but at a price of under 10 dollars.

Sound quality wise the rx12 is bassy. The overall sound is very laid back. I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars considering how cheap they are.
Low: The bass is more prominent then the mid or high. The mid (thumping) bass seems to be the main focus in the low end. Seems a bit artificial but that noticeable.
Mid: The mid is recessed compared to the low and high. Its there but not up front or sharp.
High: The high is bit more up forward compared to the mids buts still laid back compared to the low.

Basically these are bass heavy earphones.
And for the price it is at they are worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Left speaker... WHY YOU NO WORK?!?!?, November 27, 2013
Great HEADPHONE the left speaker is out but the sound quality is amazing. I guess I might have gotten a lemon so I am not too upset. Customer service.. Eh fairly decent but definitely nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars smoooth! sound, February 2, 2013
Marc F. Auger "a1dentist" (Centerville, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Very stylish and smooth sounding in-ear headphones, Reasonable in cost and ruggedly built, they really surprised me with the quality of the sound! An excellent value for the sound delivered!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seem good so far, January 5, 2013
I like the sound and they seem durable but as I tend to go through headphones rather quickly so I am suspending judgement. Overall, they look nice and have a great sound for the price. They arrived on time and in great condition!

5.0 out of 5 stars How can they make these so inexpensively?, January 3, 2013
Straight out of the box, these sound great. More bass than anyone could ever need with pretty clear mids and highs. The comfort is good for an in ear. These isolate well too. The styling is very nice with the glossy black and red tips and the flat tangle resistant red cable. I own several Meelectronic headphones and love them all.

Update: 2-23-13 I've had these a little while now and I continue to be amazed at the sound/value ratio. Because they are pretty small, I use them for listening to music while falling asleep. The deep bass allows me to listen at very low volume and the music still sounds full. Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these to anyone looking for an inexpensive in ear.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, October 25, 2012
I've owned a number of comparably priced ear buds and am disappointed with these due to poor sound quality when listening to music. I like the bass but don't like the tone - not an enjoyable experience and I'm sorry I bought them. They're fine for audiobooks/podcasts however and appear to be built well. I like the flat tangle free cable and the colors have a nice appearance. I just find it impractical to take them off and on if I want to listen to music.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very bassy, and that's about it, May 19, 2012
The MEElectronics RX12s are very well built. They are made of plastic and definitely looks its price but everything is very well put together. The flat spaghetti is very nice and is pretty much noise/tangle free. The RX12 also looks quite nice and is comfortable on the ear.

They are what I would consider extremely bass heavy earphones. The large amount of thumping bass pretty much overshadows the rest of the frequency range. The midrange, where most vocals reside, takes a backseat and is often completely enveloped by the bass. The treble region is fairly laid back as well though it does still maintains decent clarity.

Overall, the sound quality is not bad, but only if you like bass...and not much else. For everyone else, I'd point you to MEElectronics' older (but better) models from the M-series including the M6 and M9 which both deliver a more balanced and richer sound.

Rate and Discover Movies