Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Style: RX12|Color: Red|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 27, 2013
I got these because they were an add-on item and I wanted some cheap headphones to just have around the house (I loose them like crazy). When I got them, I really wasn't expecting much, I mean, for $8 what can you expect. But OMG! These things blow the Skullcandy headphones I've been buying out of the water! The bass response is awesome (currently listening to the new Tron soundtrack). The thing I hate about the Skullcandy earbuds is that after a few months, one chanel goes dead. I think it's due to very small wire that connects them, but with the larger flat ribbon-type wire on these, I don't think they'll have that problem.

And, lets face it. For 8 bucks, who cares if they only last a few months, it's still half the price of a mediocre pair of Skullcandys.

Overall, I'm definitely going to be buying more of these (since I lose them all the time).

Definitely a thumbs up. The only thing I don't like is that they are an add-on item with a limit of 3 per order, so I can't fill my shopping cart with them. But I'm trying to find a way around that, lolz.

Way to go, this manuf!MEElectronics EP-RX12-BL-MEE In-Ear Headphones - Blue
on January 10, 2013
Excellent headphones, they reduce ambient noise and sound great as good as some more expensive models out there. there is some feedback from contact with the cord aside from this no complaints what so ever! Would recommend and purchase again!
on January 23, 2013
I was surprised how good these headphones were for the price. I have owned probably 10 different types of earbuds, as I use them every day at work. These sound almost as good as my 100 dollar Shure earbuds, but an 1/10 the price! Cable is flat and thin, but still seems sturdier than other headphone cables (which always break and is the reason I have owned so many).
on January 3, 2013
Straight out of the box, these sound great. More bass than anyone could ever need with pretty clear mids and highs. The comfort is good for an in ear. These isolate well too. The styling is very nice with the glossy black and red tips and the flat tangle resistant red cable. I own several Meelectronic headphones and love them all.

Update: 2-23-13 I've had these a little while now and I continue to be amazed at the sound/value ratio. Because they are pretty small, I use them for listening to music while falling asleep. The deep bass allows me to listen at very low volume and the music still sounds full. Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these to anyone looking for an inexpensive in ear.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 27, 2014
The headphones itself work fine for me, I prefer to have bud headphones because I don't like having a band on over my head. I really liked the microphone option because I plug it into my phone and I can talk hands-free. I use it when I'm on the phone for an extended amount of time, talking while cleaning up home, or on the road. I really don't know what happened or how it did but the microphone casing broke up and now I have an exposed microphone and wires. It actually still works fine, but it's not aesthetically pleasing and the microphone is exposed and vulnerable

TL;DR: It has poor durability and I an sorely displeased, however it is still functioning for now.

Edit: You get what you pay for. It was rather inexpensive, though, I've had other products equally as inexpensive that lasted longer. I just keep losing them!
on September 23, 2014
I don't know how many pairs of these headphones I have bought. But I haven't bought any for the wrong reasons. They are awesome headphones. They have good quality sound, I can workout with them and they are very durable. Absolutely the best bang for your buck. I have let people listen to mines and they have all said that they sound good. Some people have even bought them for themselves. I have even gotten them as gifts, and never got a complaint.
on March 22, 2013
I bought these headphones to use at night while I am laying in bed and I'm very happy.

1. The cord is long and flexible (it's flat and not stiff so it drapes). It is not "tangle-proof" by any means, but I've found it does tangle less than other cords.

2. The ear pieces are flat on the outside and don't stick out too much (it does a little) so they are comfortable to lay down on.

I previously used the around the ear (sport?) design from the same manufacturer and was happy at first. Those stick out less when laying down (or at least are more comfortable), but the cord was shorter and stiffer and after a while they wouldn't stay in very well.

UPDATE:
Five months later, both ears were shorting out (i.e., I had to wiggle the connection for them to work).
What do I do? Buy another pair!
I think I was a little hard on them the first time, given that I was using them every night and often falling asleep with them on. That is no excuse for being flimsy so I've taken off a star. But, I love the long flat cord and flat earpieces. For under $10, I'm happy with good enough.
on April 18, 2012
I bought these headphones when they were only $2.50 without tax and shipping which included went up to 5 bucks. At the price it is now they are still worth the price and would buy it again.

For under $10 dollars the rx12 is probably one of the best performing earphones I found.
Built wise the rx12 is a 4 star out of 5. The flat cable makes it less tangible which making it a bit more sturdy. There is no strain relief system and the housing is plastic. The cord seems to be the same plastic as a ipod usb cord . The buds are comfortable but seems a bit shallow. They won't fall of though.

Style wise the rx12 won't disappoint 4 out of 5 stars. The flat cable is both (black)and(blue or red) on ear side depending on which color you buy. the style sort of resembles the beats by dr dre tour but at a price of under 10 dollars.

Sound quality wise the rx12 is bassy. The overall sound is very laid back. I would rate it 4 out of 5 stars considering how cheap they are.
Low: The bass is more prominent then the mid or high. The mid (thumping) bass seems to be the main focus in the low end. Seems a bit artificial but that noticeable.
Mid: The mid is recessed compared to the low and high. Its there but not up front or sharp.
High: The high is bit more up forward compared to the mids buts still laid back compared to the low.

Basically these are bass heavy earphones.
And for the price it is at they are worth it.
on February 4, 2014
I got these headphones for my siblings for Christmas, and they absolutely love them. Unlike me, they don't pay too much attention to headphones as long as they can hear bass and can feel isolated when listening. According to their usage, these are great for that. I was quiet surprised as well when I got my hands on them and gave them a whirl.

However, I have ran into a few issues while using them, mainly regarding build quality and audio clarity. I will mention them in the cons section below.

Pros:
Good bass for a non-picky teen
Sound isolation both from outside noise and from outside listeners hearing your audio
Flat cable fights tangles and looks stylish

Average:
Sound is not as clear as I'd like out of my IEM's (but completely acceptable for the price)
Hard to pick out specific instruments on heavily layers tracks (again, completely OK on headphones priced this well)

Cons:
Straight jack easy to wear out and cause disconnects in the wire (not a good choice for devices where weight will be applied to jack)
Plastic housing around the driver can fall off with impact

Overall, these are great headphones for anybody that is simply looking to replace their Apple headphones. These are better than most Skullcandy's I've tried and DEFINITELY better priced.

Also, I'd like to mention that both of these cons happened to my siblings on their own accord. One would put the weight of their arms and 3DS on the jack and wore out the connections, and the other threw her purse at a wall and the impact made the housing come off. Neither are MEElectronic's fault, but they replaced them with this in mind no problem. In fact, the customer service for MEElectronics is superb. Extremely courteous and helpful, I've contacted them for every issue I've had and they did nothing but impress me.
on October 25, 2012
I've owned a number of comparably priced ear buds and am disappointed with these due to poor sound quality when listening to music. I like the bass but don't like the tone - not an enjoyable experience and I'm sorry I bought them. They're fine for audiobooks/podcasts however and appear to be built well. I like the flat tangle free cable and the colors have a nice appearance. I just find it impractical to take them off and on if I want to listen to music.