on October 23, 2012
Verified Purchase
I just bought these earphones and had them in fact shipped all the way to South Africa. Arrived on the dot, so that was a good start. I am really impressed with this product: it came with all the extra's that improve the customer experience and show the dedication of Meelectronics to their product; impressive!
Even more impressive is how these earphones fit; they can be as tight as you like, I didn't think this was possible! I previously owned a set of Sennheisers with hard rubber loops for behind the ear, but man they sucked. I felt I would only get a a good sound if i pushed the phones into the ear by hand, where they would never stay. I have problems with most types of earphones like the standard Apple ones, as they never stay snug. Well these do!
I can confirm what I read in another review about the sound. Sound is reasonable with good high and low's without pumping too hard. What is missing is the upper mid range. Admittedly I am a bit of an audio freak. However the practical use and the great value for money of these headphones coming from a company that seems to believe in their product and care about their customers make me a very satisfied customer indeed. Great buy!
on November 15, 2012
Verified Purchase
For the three runs that I wore these headphones, the performance was inpecable. I was so excited to have finally found a good pair of headphones that stayed in place while I ran. The fact that they include so many ear pieces makes them very easy to customize. Unfortunately, mid way through my fourth workout, the left side stopped working. I tried everything but it was not use. I then experimented with removing the extension cord but it was useless. I can confirm that my nano iPod was working properly by trying other headphones.

My perception is that these are just not built to handle a workout environmnet. If they would just build with more quality, I would be willing to pay the extra $.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 14, 2012
S6 was my second Meelec IEM after M6, which I was thoroughly impressed with, though it shares the same sound with m6(same signature), its a bit more less mid-recessed than m6 in terms of SQ comparision. Cable is a LOT durable, stylish and sleeky than m6s. More accessories included.

I had monster isport before, I must say this is far better in terms of everything, they literally broke after a few months of usage, isolation wasnt that great, SQ isnt the best too. This IEM might just serve as a good cheap alternative for sporting activities like gym,running etc.

Heres a detailed review on S6 :

Accessories : Well, Meelectronics really cant go wrong in this part, they provide a solid package of Accessories for all of their products. S6 comes with
1) 2 Shirt clip(attached to IEM)
2) 6 pairs of silicon ear tips (3 sizes Single Flanges, 1 Double Flange and 2 sizes of Triple Flanges)- Tips are pretty much the best silicon tips Ive used

with, they are reasonably durable with good comfort
3) Hard clamshell carrying case- Pretty hard case on the outside with good soft material on inside making earphones secure to carry on the go
4) Extension cable
5) Neoprene Arm Band - Looks fancy and is made of good quality indeed.

Build Quality : Cable is pretty solid and has low-profile L-plug, Housings are made of plastic. The over-ear cables has a 2 inches of memory wire. Cable is

a lot more durable than of m6, but is small(18″ approx), an extension cable is provided though. Microphonics are pretty much non existent.

Isolation : This suprisingly isolates a lot, particularly with Triple Flanges,Double Flanges.

Comfort: This is where this IEM lags a bit, since its over-ear, the memory wire can cause fit issues for some. Experiment with different sized tips might

solve it. With a little knife work, memory wire can be removed making it wearing straight down which might solve it for some(with the expense of bit isolation), Comply T400 is another alternative which isolates well with good comfort (comfort is same as m6)

Sound Quality:

Signature: V-Type Signature
Mids: Mids are better than m6 has good clarity, range, extension, but still somewhat recessed
Highs: It has good crystal-clear detailing at top of the range, it is little bit bright and is relatively smoother
Bass: This is where S6 Shines, Bass Control is good for the price, mid-bass hump gives a good overall balance, has good impact and body
SoundStage: Pretty good with decent airiness

Final Verdict : S6 might be the best budget IEM for sport in 30-70$ range, they just sum up good as a package. Add the amazing Meelectronics Customer Support, you should not worry for techinal/breaking issues. They just have the best technical support to assist you with any problem and might just give the edge over the other IEMs at its price..

Pros: Solid Build Quality,Accessories, Customer Service, good all-round sound
Cons: Fit can be frustating for some, over-the-ear style might not suit for everyone
on February 20, 2014
Verified Purchase
I have hd these for a year or so and have been mostly happy with them. The sound is good for the price. Those that think they sound great probably couldn't tell the difference if they heard better, but the sound is impressive for the price.

The down side is that the insulation around the wires gets hard and cracks over time. That being said, they have lasted for over a year, so that is saying something.

It's now time for me to get some new headphones, and I'm not sure I will be buying these again. At least not right aware. I'm going to see what else is out there.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 18, 2013
One day last week the mailman brought me a set of these MEElectronics S6 Sport-Fi Noise Isolating Memory Wire In-Ear Headphones from Meelectronics. There are some things that I really like about these. They come with a great zippered carrying case that you can slide onto your belt and a wide variety of earbuds that will let almost everyone find just the right fit. The sound was quite good, the in-line control works well and I really like the "extension cable" so that you don't have to have excess earphone wires hanging everywhere. Both wires have clips to keep them in place, an added plus.

I did have a couple of issues. Fitting the earbuds to my ears was distinctly counter-intuitive, even with directions. Took me three tries. Actually, it was kind of like learning to use a mouse for the very first time long ago - pushing when you're supposed to pull, going everywhere except where you want to go.

The armband would be great but it is far from universal. I'm short, so for me it was a choice of having the armband restrict my shoulder movement or making it difficult to bend my elbow. Taller people would find this less problematic. I also found it hard to adjust the band one-handed and while the cell phone compartment fits most phones, we could not get my son-in-law's larger smartphone into the pocket.

Grandma's $0.02 - Nice headphones for many active people, great storage but the armband doesn't fit shorter people well.
on August 13, 2013
Verified Purchase
They don't stay in my ears very well. Just because they bundle all this stuff together doesn't make it a great deal. Sound is moderate. The normal length cord is too short and the extended cord makes it ridiculously too long.
on July 3, 2013
Verified Purchase
I purchased this product in March of 2013. I used them for running and walking my dog. They sound very very good. I'm no audiophile, so I was impressed.

A pleasant surprise was how well they performed when used on an airplane. I had a pair of generic iPod-like earbuds that did nothing to cancel out the ambient drone in an airplane and could barely hear what I wanted to watch and listen to on my iPad. I tried these on a later trip and they worked very well. I could hear the TV show I was watching on my iPad very well. These headphones don't claim to be noise-cancelling or noise-isolating, but I found they did a very good job on an airplane.

Unfortunately, 3 months after I purchased them, I noted that the right earbud's volume was very very low. I could barely hear anything out of it. Just to make sure I wasn't going deaf in that ear, I tried the left earbud in my right ear and, I'm glad to report, I could hear fine. So it's not my right ear :) I have the same problem on my Android phone and my iPad.

So tonight (July 2, 2013) I've written an email to MEElectronics for warranty service. I was glad to see that these headphones are warrantied for 1 year. Let's see how they respond. Update will follow.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 18, 2013
Verified Purchase
I've spent alot of money on finding a decent pair of earbuds for working out. I run alot, and my main issue was the earbuds would always fall out. I've tried expensive pairs (Bose, and even a $60 pair from a running expo that specifically said "will never fall out" - HA) and they all had the same problem. These Meelectronic headphones are actually the best I've tried so far. They really do stay in your ear, no matter how sweaty you get. I got them days before a 1/2 marathon, and was amazed at how i never ever had to mess with them once i started. The fit is great (especially the adjustable earclips and the various size buds), the sound is great, and the cord is nice and short (with an extender if needed). No complaints. I've already recommended these to my running group.
on May 8, 2013
Verified Purchase
Excelent product and combo. The armband is perfect for having the iPhone in a steady place while practicing the workout.
The ear-phone has an awsome output sound and fits perfectly without moving from place!
on April 17, 2013
Verified Purchase
I received this product in very good time and the package was still in good condition. Everything was nicely packaged together so that there was no way for any parts to get lost or damaged. I have had them for a couple weeks now and have had a chance to use them. They stay in my ear pretty good while I am running. And I can take one out if I am running with someone so that I can talk to them. The loop that goes over your ear keeps it there while not allowing it to bounce around and bother you. Sound is pretty good but they do not go crazy loud which for running does not bother me at all. But if you were to be in a very noisy area could present a problem. The ear piece replacement options they send with it are nice to have. That way you can choose whatever fits your ear and there are quite a few to choose from. The arm band is a cheaper one but does everything that it says it does. Just sometimes not the most comfortable. Over all I like them and would recommend them to someone looking for an inexpensive running/biking head phones.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations