Most helpful positive review
50 of 54 people found the following review helpful
Favorite Pair of Headphones
on May 27, 2012
I sprung for the Sport version of these earphones and couldn't be happier.
1. Great sound. These replaced my Shures and sound much better. Very good bass response though not overwhelming.
2. Very comfortable fit. This allows me to sleep with headphones on when in the air. This is key as I travel overseas a lot for work. As you can see from the design, they don't stick out so I can sleep on my side without causing discomfort.
3. Won't slip out. I've had in-ear monitors before that fit great in normal conditions, but the moment I sweat they slip out. These are terrific for working out. They stay nice and snug all the way from when I'm doing weights to when I finish up with cardio. Not a slip.
4. Quiet, non-tangle cords. An unexpected bonus on these earphones is the fact that the cords are really, really nice. They don't transmit noise like crazy like some other headphones (great when running) and are not susceptible to tangling when I stuff them in my bag. Also, the cords look pretty tough and the connection to the earphones themselves look pretty solid. These will last longer than my old Shures, which were replaced twice on warranty due to separation on the connection to the in-ears.
5. Modular cord: I own the Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth unit, which allows you to use different earphones than what is provided. However, because the bluetooth unit is also the mic (you clip it on your collar), you don't want a 4-foot cord hanging off of you. So the 20-inch cord that comes with these S6s are perfect. Much, much better sound that the crappy ones that come with the Sony Ericssons.
6. Included clips: I have no idea why not all IEM come with clips. They are so needed. The two clips that come with this earphones helps when I have the extender cord attached (when I'm attaching directly to my iPhone instead of my bluetooth unit) because the weight is carried by the clips. Much more comfortable. Also, when I'm using the shorter 20-inch cord on its own, the clips help me arrange it so that the cord runs behind my neck (kinda like a J cord).
7. Bright red color: People at work will still miss it once in a while, but it's much easier for people to notice that I have earphones on when they spot the bright red cord. One downside with in-ears in general is that people just start gabbing at you at work and don't notice that you're listening to tunes, in contrast to when you're wearing a humongous headset. But the red cord definitely helps.
1. So-so isolation -- This set includes 6 eartips, and the one that fits me best is the two-flange one. It's good enough for me to concentrate at my desk at work (cubicle environment), but it barely stops the noise when I'm on a plane. I've had better. I have just ordered the Comply T-series tips, hoping that those will do a better job of noise isolation. I realize it won't be as good as active noise cancellation, but every little bit helps.
2. Too large case. The case that comes with the Sports version is intended to fit the arm band plus all the accessories so it is quite large. The problem is when I'm going to work out, I stuff my iPhone and the S6s in the armband and don't need the case. But when I'm leaving the armband behind, I do need a case and the big black case that the S6s come with is just too big. But that's a small complaint (and I could spring for the $5 or so bucks and order a smaller case from MEE's website.)
Highly, highly recommended. I've had these earphones for 3 months and am extremely happy with them. Have finally quit researching earphones for the first time in EVER.