5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING
For the price of these buds, I didn't really expect much from them. I was just looking for a replacement pair of headphones after my Altecs burnt out after a pitiful two weeks. I use my buds alot and I carry them literally wherever I go. I could be going to the mailbox and I'd bring my music with me for fear I may get a craving. (It's an addiction, music is)...
Published on March 27, 2011 by Spencer

3.0 out of 5 stars Durable, but not that comfortable...
I love the design of the earbuds themselves, and the wire is very durable, but the earbuds, themselves, the soft rubber pieces, are not as comfortable as I would prefer, they are rather short, and I did try the different sizes available.

Good sound, clear, would have liked a little more bass in them.
Published 10 months ago by loriann14

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, March 27, 2011
This review is from: MEElectronics M2-BK Sound-Isolating In-Ear Headphones for iPod, iPhone, MP3/CD/DVD Players-Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Taking them out of the packaging, I noticed that the cable from the buds to the input was extremely sturdy, not like the flimsy cable that you usually receive, for example the cable from the in package Apple headphones you get in your iPod package. I've had these buds for MONTHS and I haven't had ANY problem with them, period. No popping in the headphones, no detached wiring, nothing. Usually headphones last me a month at the most, these have lasted me 7!

The sound quality on these things are astounding, especially for bass heavy songs. On rare occasions, the highs get a little painful but that is my only complaint, everything else about these headphones are top notch.

4.0 out of 5 stars MEElectronics M2 Review, May 5, 2011
Accessories: The M2 is the cheapest of all the M Series models and it's accessories reflect that. It comes in a tube rather than the normal MEElectonics box and includes your standard small, medium, and large single flanges and recently MEElectonics has also started including a pair of double-flanges--another sign that MEElectronics listens to their customers. That is all for for the accessories though.

Build quality: Good for an IEM in the M2's price range. Housing are made of metal, something not commonly found amongst similarly priced IEM's. Their weakness lies in the glue holding the housing to the nozzle. I had my first pair of M2 break here while trying to change the tips. MEElectronics promptly replaced them though and the second pair is still going strong--a nod to MEElectonics customer service. The M2 uses the same cable as all M Series earphones making it easily the best cable I have seen on an IEM at this price. My only complaint about the cable is that it has bad memory. I suspect this is due to the cable tie it came wrapped in was too tight and left kinks in the cable. The cable is a little shorter than the other M Series cables at 4 feet--still plenty long enough for me despite being rather tall at 6'3. Cable reliefs are nothing more than clear PVC, but they seem to do their job as I have had no problems yet. On the other end of the cable my MEElectronics M2P-BK Sound-Isolating In-Ear Headphones with Microphone for iPod, iPhone and Smartphones (Black) (mic'd version) terminates in a 45 degree plug, I believe the M2 has have 90 degree plug though.

Comfort: A little awkward due to the cone shape design. The large nozzle causes minor discomfort for my small ears. However, using a tip that inserts deeper in the ear like Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black) or the double-flange helps greatly (and improves the seal). Otherwise, the M2 is very light and very comfortable.

Isolation: I am a poor judge of isolation since I mostly listen in quiet environments, but the M2 is probably not the best at blocking out noise due to the large vent.

Sound quality: the M2 is very impressive for such a cheap IEM. No, it is not even going challenge IEM's three times its price, but it will out do other IEM's like the JVC Marshmallows and Skullcandy Ink'd. Bass is dominate, but all in all the M2 is one of the most balanced budget IEM's I have heard. The bass is punchy and far better controlled and less muddy than the Marshmallows. Unlike the other M Series IEM's, the M2 is not V shaped and the mids are not recessed. The highs are not quite as prominent as the highs of the other M Series models, but they are still very much there and have a nice sparkle. Sound stage is about what you would expect from IEM this price, nothing special, but nothing terrible either. Clarity may be the biggest strength of the M2 boasting more than I would have though possible from IEM of it's price.

Conclusion: Really, the M2 is a great deal. The only problem is that the M9 can be had for only a few dollars more when on sale. Because of that I have a hard time recommending the M2. Probably only reason I would get the M2 over the MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating In-Ear Headphones (Black) is the mids of the M9 are just too recessed for some music whereas the mids of the M2 are fine. That or when you just need a disposable headset for your phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing durability and quality, October 1, 2012
PRO: best durability for ear buds ever (real 6month+)
CON: Can't tell you anything about sound quality, I am not great fan of music, and mostly used to listen audio books and/or radio stations with it.

Never saw ear buds able to serve at least month for me.
It took 6 month for those to die finally.
Accidentally I tear off one ear (it hooked into table when I tried to stand up), and other ear continued to work few more weeks after that!
And price range doesn't tell you about durability at all. I tried even more expensive ones (20-30$) they worked for couple weeks or less for me.
Bought few for me and my family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for Money, July 20, 2011
I would have to say I love these headphones. In the past I have some very cheap and some quite expensive ones and these are up there with the more expensive ones. Great build quality and great sound quality. I do a lot of driving about 1000kms per week and have them constantly in my ears. I purchased 3 of these and also 3 of the M9P-SL which are also great as they isolate the constant car/road noise. I use them with an Iphone so that I can drive and talk and the built in microphone works just as good. The kids loved them also as they have great bass. Only had them a couple of weeks but so far would recommend them to anyone. Great price, great headphone, what more could you ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Will never buy anything else., October 22, 2014
These earbuds last longer than any other I've ever owned, and I've gone through at least half a dozen pairs. I put them to trial too, carrying them in my pocket at all times. Usually earbuds last about 6 months before the connection between the wire and the jack gets loose and you lose sound in one of the earbuds, unless you hold it in the exact right position. Then the other goes, and they're useless.

But these have never broken, at all. I think I had my last pair for a year and a half before I lost them, and I've had this pair for 6 months. The wire can get a little stiff over time, but that's the only slight downside I've noticed. I'm not good at assessing sound quality, but I've never had a complaint on that front either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, July 9, 2014
Sound is crazy good considering the price tag. For that matter, they sound better than some of the high-end sets I've tested out at the store. I like the cable, seems like it will hold up better than the usual flimsy rubber set-up. Didn't come with a case but for five bucks, who cares?

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly good sound and very very sturdy., March 6, 2014
I sleep with these every night and they are small enough to not get caught on the pillow and the cord is heavy duty. Even has a clip but I don't use it and it can be moved out of the way. Perfect to sleep with!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and well worth buying., March 6, 2014
When I bought this it was 7$ with free shipping. I cannot stress enough how great a deal this was. For cheaper than what you will find in most stores you can have a solid quality build, I've had mine for about 3-4 months with no problems whatsoever, and not terrible sound quality. It's a little heavy on the bass, but most people like that anyway. It's not terribly comfortable. You can't wear it for a very long time because as with most earphones of this price-range it will make your ears sore, but by prolonged I mean like 2-3 hours at a time. Any thing under that and they're great.

UPDATE: So after using them very heavily for 8 months they finally broke :(. While they lasted they were really good. The audio was good, but certainly not great, but they weren't really comfortable. I should note that they broke because the were being constantly being yanked out of my ears, out of my phone and so on. I was pleasantly surprised in them because they performed fairly well for pretty long.

3.0 out of 5 stars Durable, but not that comfortable..., December 16, 2013

Good sound, clear, would have liked a little more bass in them.

5.0 out of 5 stars great bass, April 23, 2013
I love these headphones - they are a good value and have great bass; they also cup your ear well and isolate the noise that's around me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›