4.0 out of 5 stars Just breaking 'em in, but good so far!
Published on June 6, 2010 by Jared H.

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT HOLD UP WELL!!!!!!
Published on October 5, 2011 by David Waller

4.0 out of 5 stars Just breaking 'em in, but good so far!, June 6, 2010
Jared H. (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
I was a little hesitant to purchase these, since they look a little different than the boots other AF people are wearing at work, but that hasn't been an issue at all. I'm still breaking them in, but they are a little thicker/heavier/stiffer than I thought. They are very comfortable though, and after only a couple of days the stiffness is loosening up already. Overall, they definitely seem better than the only other side zip boots I've found out there (which I've seen, but never worn). After initial hesitation when I first tried them on, I was going to send them back. I tried on some other boots at clothing sales, and decided I had some winners after all. I've only been wearing them for a week, but I've decided I'm not sorry at all I kept them. The zippers are a little stiff (I'll try soaping them up), but every part does seem top quality and durable. I loved my old boots, but I have a feeling these will work just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfprtable boots!, July 22, 2011
I needed Sage Green boots for work. Everyone else was charging around $150 for less comfortable looking boots. Plus, I needed to make sure the boots I bought were wide enough at the bottom to fit my custom orthotics in. I tried these on at an outfitter store and they were the most comfortable but not for $189. I got them at about half that price here on Amazon, which is awesome. Couldn't be happier with them. The side zipper is quite convenient and the composite hard-toe is quite sturdy. I have not tested their crush-durability compared to steel toes as I am not in the hapbit of dropping very heavy things on my toes but I can tell you that I've had plenty fall on my feet while wearing these and they hold up well. They almost feel like I'm wearing sneakers. Good choice for comfortable boots you will wear for 12+ hours at a time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Converse Boot C8990 Review C8990, April 4, 2012
FormosaTiger (Anywhere and everywhere) - See all my reviews
I'll try to explain why I think these are the best hot climate boots I've found. I wear these boots in deserts, mountains, swamps and everything in between covering from 5 to 15 miles a day and this is the only pair of safety toed boots I've found that I can wear all day comfortably. I have found these boots can take the punishment, are light weight, comfortable, cooler than any other boot I've worn, and they even look kool. When my coworkers were getting blisters and having to peel their boots and socks off by midday my feet are perfectly fine.
Sizing I had to return the first pair and go a size wider than I normally wear.
To round out my footwear I wear Vermont Darn Tough Coolmax boot socks with full padding which is also a fantastic product and they are made in the USA.
Pros:
Lightweight
Comfortable
Cool to look at and wear
Composite toe, doesn't heat up like a steel toe.
Durable
Cons:
Not made in USA
Sized wrong had to get a wider size than I usually wear

Overall one of the best hot weather safety boots out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfy right out of the box, September 22, 2010
These are some of the best boots i ever had. they are awesome. ready to run right out of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars so much comfort, February 27, 2007
my husband is in iraq and i got these for him he loves them and says it makes life easier on him for his feet to be comfortable since he is on them 90% of the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Absolute Best Boots for Air Force Deployment, August 14, 2012
This is my 3rd pair of Converse boots, and my first in the sage green. Thank you Converse for making the green ones to go with the new Air Force cammies. I have had 5 middle east deployments since 9-11 and the last three were with two other pairs of these same boots, but in the original tan. They are cushy and comfortable, extremely tough and durable, but also super lightweight. Which can make a huge difference when you are convoying and heloing in body armor, already carrying a good 30ish lbs of extra gear on your body. The feature I most appreciate (besides the sheer comfort) is the zipper along the side. You can tie up the laces, tuck in the ends, and never bother with them again. Just lace them as you want them to remain then use the zippers everytime you wear the boots and have the same proper fit you originally set with the laces. You can dress in the dark with these boots and have everything on in a flash. One thing about the sizes though - these are men's sizes. I'm a woman who wears a size 9W women's shoe, so I got the men's 7W. The only negative about the boots is the Army folks made no end of fun of us Air Force members with the Converse "moon" boots. But we had the last laugh - we were continually comfortable in our boots when they were not. (The Army does not get the unlimited choices we do. Which is surprising since they are the ones who do far more on foot than we do.) By the end of each deployment countless Army friends were lamenting that the tan Converse boots were not an option for them. You cannot go wrong with these boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase., October 19, 2010
Very comfortable boot. I'm a contractor working for the US Army in Afghanistan and I needed a comfortable boot able to take some abuse. These boots are high quality and one of the few I've found with the side zip that are this comfortable and durable.

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT HOLD UP WELL!!!!!!, October 5, 2011
Got the boots quick to an APO address. They are very comfortable and broke in quickly. Now i know my condition's are not the best were talking on my feet 10-12hrs a day on concrete that's prob 140 degrees plus and yes had oil and who knows what else dumped on them i am and aircraft mechanic. I have been wearing them for 4mnths and blew out the seam behind the safety toe and the ribs on the bottom come off very easy. good boot just no built to last i guess..

5.0 out of 5 stars A real comfortable safety boot., May 3, 2011
Bought these to wear on a construction site on a daily basis. They are great boots. I was looking for a double wide boot for by wide feet. These come in a ton of sizes. Fast to get on in the am and feel like a sneaker all day. Well, a sneaker with toe safety and extra ankle support. Probably the best boot I've owned... and I was in the Marine Corps... so I've seen my share of boots.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great boots; do not last, February 28, 2013
Rory "RJ" (Boise, ID USA) - See all my reviews
I wanted to like these boots a lot more. Right out of the box, they felt great! The good quality soles, sturdy zippers, and laces all had me thinking that I'd finally found some quality boots that would last me a long while. I began to have sinking feelings when after the first day, the fabric section of the heel began to tear inside the boot. Just for clarification, I got the right size. I was in the Army for 8 years and I know the importance of having properly sized boots.

I now work in security and I walk around often, but I'm indoors most of the time and I do not have to tramp through gravel, heated asphalt, sand, or any other `extreme' conditions. All I do is walk around in a business building, and outside in paved parking lots and sidewalks. Apparently, this was enough to cause significant wear and tear on the boots. I've barely had these for three months and they are already looking like they won't make it to autumn. The interior of these boots have been worn terribly around the heels and often times my foot gets stuck on loose fabric while I'm trying to remove the boots. The outer toes of the boots show any and all dings or nicks from anytime you brush your boot against almost any surface. I got the black boots and the glossy black coating scrapes right off and leaves a rough blemish if you ever so much as bump your foot against something. I would not recommend these to anyone who wants boots that will last.

To anyone who reads this review, if you know of or own a pair of boots that will last, or have lasted, for a few years, please share in the comments.